PDA

View Full Version : I thought I was betting BELMONT but it turns out I'm betting AQU/SAR

the_fat_man
05-27-2007, 04:08 PM
This is just getting OLD. After suffering yet another beat (photo again) on a horse that (momentarily) lacked room/was steadied on the INSIDE in a TURF RACE at BELMONT, I need to pose the question:

why are the jocks riding as if this is a turf course (WIDENER certainly and even the INNER) where you need to save ground and not go wide? This isn't Saratoga or Aqueduct.

Once upon a time, you didn't care where you took the turn as long as you had a clear run in the lane.

I've seen so many blow rides. So many horses that were best have been compromised by room lacking inside trips.

Forget about saving ground and trying to find room in the lane. If you enter INSIDE you NEED TO BOUNCE OUTSIDE ASAP!!!

P.S. to all my PETS: this is not a jockey bashing thread; just an observation. So, let's stay on topic.

Indulto
05-27-2007, 05:30 PM
... I've seen so many blow rides. So many horses that were best have been compromised by room lacking inside trips.

Forget about saving ground and trying to find room in the lane. If you enter INSIDE you NEED TO BOUNCE OUTSIDE ASAP!!!I know you aren't bashing jockeys, but how can it be that so many riders seem to be getting it all wrong? Don't they get feedback from their agents, other jockeys, trainers, etc. as to how they are doing individually, and what the optimal strategy is for each course at each track? Do THEY not watch replays?

I suspect it is a lot harder to implement the optimal strategy under rapidly-changing circumstances than you make it out to be, and has more to do with the horse's ability, condition, and willingness to be controlled than one might surmise from your continual complaints.

I think your observations and comments are extremely valuable for handicapping the horses involved the next time out, but for now it sounds as if you should consider becoming a Jockey's agent.

I can just imagine the expression on an owner's face when a three-hundred-and-a-quarter-pounder says "I rode that winner." :lol:

DanG
05-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Fats,

We both love the lawn and finishing power. That spells traffic and major “agita”. The trick is not to get ulcers in the process. Seriously…Take care of yourself!

the_fat_man
05-27-2007, 05:55 PM
I know you aren't bashing jockeys, but how can it be that so many riders seem to be getting it all wrong? Don't they get feedback from their agents, other jockeys, trainers, etc. as to how they are doing individually, and what the optimal strategy is for each course at each track? Do THEY not watch replays?

I suspect it is a lot harder to implement the optimal strategy under rapidly-changing circumstances than you make it out to be, and has more to do with the horse's ability, condition, and willingness to be controlled than one might surmise from your continual complaints.

I think your observations and comments are extremely valuable for handicapping the horses involved the next time out, but for now it sounds as if you should consider becoming a Jockey's agent.

I can just imagine the expression on an owner's face when a three-hundred-and-a-quarter-pounder says "I rode that winner." :lol:

Didn't bother reading your jibberish, as I'm sure it's typical (for you).
Learn something, from someone who at one time excelled handicapping the NY turf. There are clear distinctions between the turf courses of the 3 tracks. By noting what they are and watching the trips closely, understanding which horse was compromised, you can make a ton of money.

Gonna be odd this year GOING to Saratoga and handicapping the turf as if they were COMING from Saratoga.

point given
05-27-2007, 06:12 PM
All the jocks have been made to view the Borel Derby and Preakness videos . They even have new names. Garret Go rail, Edgar Prail, Johnny V rail . It's an insidious thing , and now part of the Chris McCarron riding school as well. So, if you want to blame someone, blame Calvin ! :rolleyes:

Tom
05-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Certainly cries a lot, though doesn't he? :D
It's everybody's fault but his own.

Here's a suggestion.......get yourself a packet of Avery address labels, print out a couple pages of this label and stick one on each page of the DRF, over the word Belmont.

See if that helps.

Good luck to you,

(now,now....don't get upset...you need a little humor):lol:

the_fat_man
05-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Certainly cries a lot, though doesn't he? :D
It's everybody's fault but his own.

Here's a suggestion.......get yourself a packet of Avery address labels, print out a couple pages of this label and stick one on each page of the DRF, over the word Belmont.

See if that helps.

Good luck to you,

(now,now....don't get upset...you need a little humor):lol:

why would I get upset by anything my favorite AFTER THE FACT handicapper posts?

last we met up: you loved the 5 (up the track) and someone ended up with the winner and scoring a nice exacta with MY horse (who was best, btw). We have you ON RECORD ---after the fact, that is.:D

either you're KISSING mY FAT ASS in agreement :jump: or being my worst critic. either way, a day doesn't go by without you online checking to see what the FAT MAN has posted. Did Tom bother to read the 'P.S' in the FAT MAN's post? NO. He was in a rush to respond.

for someone involved with the game for such a long time, you certainly seem to have no passion for it. personally, i couldn't devote any time/effort to something that's nothing but a chore.

tough beats are what the game's about. you don't cash (unless you're TOM) but you know that your horses are running. which means, you're doing something right.

garyoz
05-27-2007, 06:40 PM
So, if you want to blame someone, blame Calvin ! :rolleyes:

Actually Len Ragozin.

Tom
05-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Gee Fatso, you don't read so good. Loved the 5, yes, but also made cases for the exacta (and played it) as a saver. Re-read. The bet was made just befreo post, when I knew the odds. Yup-bet the hell out of the 5. Up the track. Did you heaer me whinning like you do every time you get beat, or blalme everyone and thier brother? I tend to lose more than I win, and not cry about it. Maybe if you made money on the ones you do win you would cry a lot less, too?

My passion is for PLAYING the game, not talking about it. Guess you enjoy oral sex, too? :lol:

And looking to see what you post....that's a laugh.:lol: You're a johnny-come-lately here. I've been on forums since the old BRIS dial up days. Don't flatter yourself - you are just an easy target between races.

I just like to make you dance. Nice tango. For a fat_man. :kiss:

So whodyalike Monday?

the_fat_man
05-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Gee Fatso, you don't read so good. Loved the 5, yes, but also made cases for the exacta (and played it) as a saver. Re-read. The bet was made just befreo post, when I knew the odds. Yup-bet the hell out of the 5. Up the track. Did you heaer me whinning like you do every time you get beat, or blalme everyone and thier brother? I tend to lose more than I win, and not cry about it. Maybe if you made money on the ones you do win you would cry a lot less, too?

My passion is for PLAYING the game, not talking about it. Guess you enjoy oral sex, too?

And looking to see what you post....that's a laugh.You're a johnny-come-lately here. I've been on forums since the old BRIS dial up days. Don't flatter yourself - you are just an easy target between races.

I just like to make you dance. Nice tango. For a fat_man. :kiss:

So whodyalike Monday?

From what I've seen, TOM, the #1 POSTER on PA FORUM, you don't really want to talk about the GAME at all. In fact, you seem to DISCOURAGE any POST RACE discussion at all.

Don't worry about it. You're secure as the #1 poster here.

BTW, someone advised me that XCHANGER was your Preakness pick?images/UBGX/E9.gif

Well, before the race, anyway.

You make no one dance, BRO.

Notice how I NEVER respond in any of your threads BUT you're a constant IN MINE.

Sad fact. Sad life.

Do we need the attention, TOMMY boy?

#1 Poster here and other forums too, I suspect.:lol:

Tom
05-27-2007, 07:50 PM
You seem fascinated in replying to me today.
I'd say you were dancing a little.:lol:

Yo - I picked Xchanger at the odds. S'matter...you never picked loser. Oh no, wait, that's what you mostly pick. You think picking a winner makes you a real man? OK, if you insist, you can lead. But just or today.

Feel free to whine or cry in any of my threads, if it makes you happy, go for it. But I don't want to waste time talking about old races, like you love to do..the Preakness is over man, get a grip. I prefer to talk about new races, or idea, which is probably why you stay out of my threads.:lol:

the_fat_man
05-27-2007, 07:51 PM
You seem fascinated in replying to me today.
I'd say you were dancing a little.:lol:

Yo - I picked Xchanger at the odds. S'matter...you never picked loser. Oh no, wait, that's what you mostly pick. You think picking a winner makes you a real man? OK, if you insist, you can lead. But just or today.

Feel free to whine or cry in any of my threads, if it makes you happy, go for it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

give it a rest.

don't force me to slap the #1 poster on IGGY again.

I'm all about INFORMATIVE posts. :D

It's all good.