PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Park - Old Turf Warrior VS Rising Turf Superstar

joeyreb
05-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Monday in Hollywood Park's Shoemaker Breeders' Cup Mile will be a battle of the ages as the Old Warrior Turf Warrior, The Tin Man VS a Rising Turf Superstar, Kip Deville.

The Tin Man, a Nine year old gelding son of Affirmed, who ran a monster 2006 winning Two G-1s and Two G-2s before going on the shelf. The Tin Man was the best turf horse of 2006 and was robbed of an Eclipse Award by the Voters.

Mean while, 04-29-06 Texas Mile Day at Lone Star Park running in one 0f the undercard races, Kip Deville wins Gate to wire in The Grand Praire Turf Challege for 3 yr olds in a slight upset. After that race Kip Deville sold privately to IEAH Stables for six figures. Since then Kip Deville has developed into one of the best turf horses in the country.

So when the gates in the Shoemaker Breeders' Cup Mile opens on Monday, at least this blogger will have mixed rooting interests, do I root for the return of a old Warrior or for the Local horse who hit the big time??

kenwoodallpromos
05-27-2007, 09:56 PM
The old warrior. Devilles are flashy buit go out of style fast.

gIracing
05-27-2007, 10:59 PM
damn, he's THAT old? Affirmed is his sire?

this is going to be one of the better races of the day.. this an the Met Mile.. I am also interested in the Lone Star Handicap as well.

I'm not betting AGAINST the tin man

joeyreb
05-27-2007, 11:26 PM
the stake races on Lone Star Million Day card are very good tomorrow...

Lady Venice is only Slam Dunk on the Stakes card

gIracing
05-27-2007, 11:36 PM
watch they get slammed with rain. I'm looking forward to seeing Jonesboro and SNS

witchdoctor
05-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Let's go Kip. Gotta love the Okie breds.

DanG
05-28-2007, 08:12 PM
How fitting on a day we celebrate our veterans the 9yo steals the show. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

It’s getting to be time to build a statue to the Tin Man at the state capital. Nothing short of remarkable to get another mile grade one at 9yo and do it without the lead / three wide.

AMAZING!!!