PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh Hillary....#1

PaceAdvantage
05-27-2007, 03:22 AM
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/article2586659.ece

Hillary's campaign rocked by claims in two books

But this time the authors cannot be dismissed as agents of the "vast right-wing conspiracy" that Mrs Clinton famously said was working to ruin her husband's presidency.

But the most damaging claim may be far more recent. In Her Way, Mr Gerth and Mr Van Natta suggest that before her senate vote in October 2002 authorising the Iraq war, Mrs Clinton did not bother to read the complete National Intelligence Estimate - representing the collective wisdom of the US intelligence community - on the weapons threat posed by Saddam Hussein.
This issue could now come now back to haunt her, as she faces pressure from anti-war liberals in the forthcoming Democrat primaries.

Mrs Clinton said that "if she had known then what she knows now, she would have voted differently in 2002". However, it could now be argued that she could have known then had she read the relevant documents.

so.cal.fan
05-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Back in 2002, nearly everyone thought Iraq had WMD.
The fact that Hillary and Bill Clinton probably had that information actually convinced me of the importance of going into Iraq.
She knew something, or thought she knew something, just like everyone else did.
I don't think that's a real valid argument.

GaryG
05-27-2007, 10:47 AM
I don't think this will hurt her much. I mean, if the more liberal dems get mad at her over this issue what have they got? The lightweight from Illinois is a non-starter so, unless somebody comes out of the woodwork...there y'all are.

Greyfox
05-27-2007, 11:14 AM
"Perhaps the most striking claim in the Bernstein book is that decades ago the couple drew up a strategy whereby he would run for the White House and spend eight years in office - and after that she would do the same."

Good for them. That's great visionary thinking for what was then a young couple.

Tom
05-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Same kind of thinking that George Lukas used to develope Darth Vader through two triolgies. :D

freeneasy
05-27-2007, 11:28 AM
'if she would have known then what she knows now' is an insult to the american people. kind of tells the tale of someone living in their own bliss. maybe that should be her campaing moto cause it sure tells the truth. like so cal says, back in 2002 evryone thought iraq had wmd. korea, china, india, iran were developing their own wmd so whats the problem? all the sense in the world would tell you that a nucular warhead would give sadamn hussain all the power, glory, leverage and get out of jail free cards he could ever want or need.
so let me ask hillary this. do you think that if sh had a few hundred warheads that he wouldnt have fired them all off.
'had i known then what i know now' what a crap statement. hell she cant figure out whats going on with her own husband right under her own nose. with all the things going on all around her and taking place in this world today, i dont think i want someone in charge and running the country that doesnt have a clue that her husband is a jock.

Tom
05-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Why is it the dems have no problem with all of thier idoits using that line - if we knew then what we know now,,,,,but hold Bush to a different standard?

Farnkly, speak to her credibility.....ignorant, proud of it, and wishy washy unable to make up her mind and stick to it. :lol:

GaryG
05-27-2007, 11:42 AM
Sounds like Joe Kennedy's master plan....first Jack has 8 years doh!....then Bobby has 8 years doh!....then Teddy has 8 years doh!

Lefty
05-27-2007, 11:50 AM
Hey we can all play the if game. Sounds stupid and weak coming from a Pres candidate.
If i'd known then what I know now, i'd have more money for my retirement.

kenwoodallpromos
05-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Another liberal senator claiming they were outsmarted by a moron so they want me to give them the keys to the nukes!LOL!!
I do not vote for candidates for any office who claim ther were outsmarted by a moron!

Tom
05-27-2007, 12:11 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Gibbon
05-27-2007, 03:43 PM
If HiTlary Rodent Clinton should win I could see her pulling a Billy boy.

Recall the early stages of Sumila. Billy refused to allow our Marines to load
their weapons. Wonder if Hilly will issue spun guns to our boys.

Maybe we should all pull an Alec Baldwin and leave.

Secretariat
05-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Frankly, speak to her credibility.....ignorant, proud of it, and wishy washy unable to make up her mind and stick to it. :lol:

I couldn't agree with you more about her Tom. I hope PA is right and this hurts her chances.

GaryG
05-27-2007, 07:41 PM
I couldn't agree with you more about her Tom. I hope PA is right and this hurts her chances.Sec, do the dems have somebody in the wings? I don't follow them that closely but I haven't heard of any. The lightweight from Illinois????

kenwoodallpromos
05-27-2007, 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=Gibbon]If HiTlary Rodent Clinton should win I could see her pulling a Billy boy.

Recall the early stages of Sumila. Billy refused to allow our Marines to load
their weapons. Wonder if Hilly will issue spun guns to our boys.

Maybe we should all pull an Alec Baldwin and leave.

Secretariat
05-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Sec, do the dems have somebody in the wings? I don't follow them that closely but I haven't heard of any. The lightweight from Illinois????

Most polls I see on Dem's hope either Clark or Gore enters the race. Honestly, I would be shocked to see Hilary get the nomination. Not impossible, but I think the media likes her more than the Demcratic voters. As to Obama, I just don't know enough about him. We've seen what happens when we elect an inexperienced person in relation to foreign affairs. So I'm not sold on him. Edwards will do better than most here expect unless Gore or Clark get into the race. The other guys don't stand a chance.

As to the Repubs, personally I think there is just as much discontentment among their nominees. From the current crop, I don't really see person who would runaway with the nomination or the election.

Actually, I've not really become too involved in the 08 election yet. Still seems way too far off. Maybe after Iowa and New Hampshire I'll pay attention more. I kind of hope we see a few more contenders on both sides.

ljb
05-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Hillary is the front runner on the Democratic ticket. (Not my choice) Followed by Obama.
Rudy leads on the Republican ticket. And Romney has pulled ahead of McCain.
This from Intrade.

boxcar
05-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Most polls I see on Dem's hope either Clark or Gore enters the race

Gluttonous Girthy Gore won't enter the race because he wouldn't have any time to stuff his fat face.

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
05-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Hillary is the front runner on the Democratic ticket. (Not my choice) Followed by Obama.

This is music to my ears. Wonderful, glorious, beautiful music....THANK YOU!

wonatthewire1
05-28-2007, 06:41 PM

If she doesn't make it to the WH - again - there are always those cattle futures to fall back on.

JPinMaryland
05-28-2007, 10:45 PM

Careful what you wish for. This election could leave us with real bad choices...

ALso, is not JOhn Edwards running?

PaceAdvantage
05-29-2007, 12:58 AM
How does John Edwards have a shot? There is no substance there....none whatsoever...

And let's have Obama come back in 4-8 years when he actually has some decent experience under his belt. Why they felt the need to rush him out here is beyond me. He's a huge long shot just to get the nomination, never mind actually winning the White House in his first try. Is he even old enough to shave?

boxcar
05-29-2007, 01:18 PM
How does John Edwards have a shot? There is no substance there....none whatsoever...

And let's have Obama come back in 4-8 years when he actually has some decent experience under his belt. Why they felt the need to rush him out here is beyond me. He's a huge long shot just to get the nomination, never mind actually winning the White House in his first try. Is he even old enough to shave?

They rushed him out hoping enough equally as shallow people would be attracted to his sizzle, which is his sole possession.

Boxcar

GaryG
05-29-2007, 01:31 PM
They rushed him out hoping enough equally as shallow people would be attracted to his sizzle, which is his sole possession.

BoxcarAnd they were initially. Then he got racked up by Kucinich in that debate then other gaffes. He has a fork in him now. The dems are a pretty weak looking bunch at this point.

Tom
05-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Cindy Sheehan is cutting and running right now. She told Knucklehead Ed Shultz today that she would be back in some manner in two months.
My prediction - she will run. She is very disillusioned with the dems.
Crazy, maybe, but you heard it here first. :p:eek:

skate
05-29-2007, 04:13 PM
in defense of hillerybillery-dickerydock, i doubt that any of these people read these bills.

they simply dont have the time.

forget right-wrong, its about collecting money.:eek:

46zilzal
05-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Unless something radically changes, the two front runners cannot get elected......Strange as it seems, Al Gore would have a better chance today.

Lefty
05-29-2007, 05:24 PM
Skate, the fact they don't have the time is bad bad excuse. They all have aides that are supposed to do this sort of thing and summarize for them.

boxcar
05-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Skate, the fact they don't have the time is bad bad excuse. They all have aides that are supposed to do this sort of thing and summarize for them.

That's assuming the aides are literate.

Boxcar

Tom
05-29-2007, 08:02 PM
Some congressmen spend hours a night hunched over legal pages. :lol:

Lefty
05-29-2007, 08:14 PM
My 'ol daddy told me never but never sign anything i haven't read first.