PDA

View Full Version : Barclay Tagg problems

NY BRED
05-24-2007, 08:21 PM
TVG announced today that No Biz and Showing up will be out for most of this year due to injury.

I couldn't get the nature of the injuries, but thankfully the problems
are not life threatening.

tough game especially with these two promising stars

Edward DeVere
05-24-2007, 08:35 PM
Showing Up is hurt, but I dunno about No Biz. Haven't read anything.

point given
05-25-2007, 09:54 AM
TVG announced today that No Biz and Showing up will be out for most of this year due to injury.

I couldn't get the nature of the injuries, but thankfully the problems
are not life threatening.

tough game especially with these two promising stars

" Meanwhile, Nobiz Like Shobiz, the 10th-place finisher in the Kentucky Derby, also worked Thursday, but trainer Barclay Tagg said he is not pointing his Wood Memorial winner to the Belmont. Nobiz Like Shobiz breezed five furlongs in 1:00.32 over Belmont Park's main track under jockey Cornelio Velasquez, and he is being pointed to the Dwyer Stakes here on July 4. Tagg also mentioned the Jim Dandy and Travers at Saratoga this summer as races he'd like to make with Nobiz Like Shobiz, who is owned by Elizabeth Valando.
"The only way I'd run him in the Belmont is if there were a couple of horses in it and they had [speed] figures that were a lot worse than his," Tagg said. "I might be tempted to run him for a million dollars if it was all right with Mrs. Valando. But I don't think she's real keen on running in it, and I'm not real keen on running in it either. I'd rather just freshen him up till the Dwyer."

For the second straight week, Nobiz Like Shobiz worked without blinkers, but Tagg was non-committal whether the colt would run in the Dwyer without them.

"I didn't want to work him in blinkers because I didn't want him to be too aggressive," Tagg said.

NY BRED
05-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

It appears NBLSB's condition is not as serious as Showing Up

mudnturf
05-25-2007, 10:26 PM
IMHO............ NOBIZ races on the Turf before the year is over.

the little guy
05-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

Yes, he's healthy.

ELA
05-27-2007, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

So, it's not a "condition" where there is reason to be concerned, so to speak? Based upon what's been said of course -- right? I've been really interested in how this horse develops, moves forward, or doesn't for that matter.

Eric