PDA

View Full Version : Curlin vs SS / Curlin is Grandson of Mr P / SS is Great Grandson ..so

BeatTheChalk
05-24-2007, 04:53 PM
I dont know beans about breeding...but could it be that Curlin would have
more of the genes from MR P ? And now I shall go to a place where I
really know what is going on ... The Sauna at the club LOL :lol: :jump:

gIracing
05-24-2007, 05:01 PM
actually from a breeding standpoint, I like Street Sense's pedigree a little more than Curlin.

in his first 4 gens down he has mr prospector, dixieland band, northern dancer, and ribot.. his dam's side is just as if not more im portant in his breeding this his sire's side.

not by much, because curlin has alot of the same pedigree, but he doesn't have ribot

Bruddah
05-24-2007, 07:23 PM
is the hottest bloodline of Ky Derby winners since 1987. That line has won something like 13 of the last 20 Derby runnings. Very dominant and never accomplished before. The line actually starts with the Great Native Dancer. His only loss in 22 starts was in the 1953 Ky Derby, when he finished second. Native Dancer was the sire of Raise A Native and a famous broodmare named Natalma. Natalma was the dam of Northern Dancer.

This is a brief over view, hope it helps.

OTM Al
05-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Its generally credited as the speed influence, which is belived works well on the sire side when there is good endurance on the dam side. Dosage types do not like to see this line on the damsire side for that reason

Bruddah
05-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Raise A Native on the Dam's sire line has not been very good for Ky Derby winners, until last year. Barbaro was RAN on his Dam's sire line. The first time that has happened in 60 starters, since 1987.

This years starters with the RAN on their Dam sire line were Hardspun, Sam P, Scat Daddy, Stormello and Great Hunter.

Starters with RAN on the sire line were, Sedgefield, Curlin, Cowtown Cat, Street Sense, Circular Quay and Dominican.

BeatTheChalk
05-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Raise A Native on the Dam's sire line has not been very good for Ky Derby winners, until last year. Barbaro was RAN on his Dam's sire line. The first time that has happened in 60 starters, since 1987.

This years starters with the RAN on their Dam sire line were Hardspun, Sam P, Scat Daddy, Stormello and Great Hunter.

Starters with RAN on the sire line were, Sedgefield, Curlin, Cowtown Cat, Street Sense, Circular Quay and Dominican.

All the posts on this topic are Excellent Thanks ! Your comments about
the Dam's side touched off a light in my head :

There was a lady who used to post quite a bit up until a few years ago. She
was very adamant about the RAN line on the Dam side. And of course she
was right .. until Barbaro. I still get a tear in my eye for that horse ...

Bruddah
05-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Obviously, I quit keeping records on this angle in 2005, since Barbaro won last year. Here are the numbers for starters with RAN on the Dams sire line for the years 1987-2005.

starters 52-0-3-2 also 4 finished fourth and 1 finished fifth. I still used it this year to eliminate many. Hardspun obviously, is the best of this group.

BeatTheChalk
05-29-2007, 12:40 PM
actually from a breeding standpoint, I like Street Sense's pedigree a little more than Curlin.

in his first 4 gens down he has mr prospector, dixieland band, northern dancer, and ribot.. his dam's side is just as if not more im portant in his breeding this his sire's side.

not by much, because curlin has alot of the same pedigree, but he doesn't have ribot

Look what I found :lol: Another horse in the Raise A Native Sire line ..
and ....RIBOT is in the chart !! :ThmbUp: This horse beat Cobalt Blue the other
day. http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/awesome+gambler