PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita goes Cushion Track

cj
05-24-2007, 04:11 AM
Santa Anita will install a Cushion Track synthetic surface this summer, track president Ron Charles said on Wednesday. As a result of the track's long-awaited decision, the two major Los Angeles racetracks will have the same type of synthetic surface. Hollywood Park installed a Cushion Track in September 2006, the first California track to install a synthetic surface.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/85166.html

john del riccio
05-24-2007, 07:14 AM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/85166.html

I don't really have a bias against Polytrack but I do find it strange that so many
tracks in Major areas (KY & CA) have gone away from the conventional dirt surface in such a hurry.

Has done a study comparing the favorite win% over different Poly surfaces as well as the average mutuel ? You would think that the newness of the surface would result in a lower favorite win% and a higher average mutuel.

John

cj
05-24-2007, 08:34 AM
I think you will find the statistics alarmingly similar to turf racing.

boomman
05-24-2007, 08:41 AM
As far as the synthetic surfaces go, I believe that cushion track:ThmbUp: has been the most successful, and am glad to see Santa Anita go this direction since they have been mandated to do so and have some sort of synthetic surface installed and in place by 2008....Boomer

freehouse2002
05-24-2007, 02:27 PM
What I like is that it will give some semblance of consistency here in SoCal as the majority of the races in So Cal will be run on Cushion Track. Imagine having to 'cap for Polytrack, Cushion Track, Tapeta, and regular dirt....I know it would create some opportunity, but it might resemble a crapshoot. Anyhow, I like this decision. It's about time they decided too!

freehouse2002

bigmack
05-24-2007, 07:09 PM
I think they made the right decision and fear that the beloved DMR may end up re-thinking Poly

BeatTheChalk
05-25-2007, 01:49 AM
I think they made the right decision and fear that the beloved DMR may end up re-thinking Poly

Aye fath and gomorrah ....Crosby and O'brien will be singin a melody
while J Edgar is in the stands .. betting with both hands ><><> :lol: :D

Dan Montilion
05-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Aye fath and gomorrah ....Crosby and O'brien will be singin a melody
while J Edgar is in the stands .. betting with both hands ><><> :lol: :DJ Edgar could never bet with both hands, he needed one free to carry his purse.

46zilzal
05-25-2007, 05:08 PM
the fellow himself.