PDA

View Full Version : Tracks with bias

Maji
05-23-2007, 12:45 AM
I am trying to find out the tracks where horses with early speed usually dominate and win... perhaps going from wire to wire. Are there such tracks with such a bias, or I am just searching for something that does not exist?

Thanks for your help and suggested names.

JustRalph
05-23-2007, 04:42 AM
I am trying to find out the tracks where horses with early speed usually dominate and win... perhaps going from wire to wire. Are there such tracks with such a bias, or I am just searching for something that does not exist?

They used to exist...........but they are polytrack now..........and btw, those bias favoring tracks were well known. The trick was finding a horse that beat the bias............

cj
05-23-2007, 06:02 AM
The following is a list of tracks that showed a flat bet profit using no factor other than my early speed rating:

Fresno
Lincoln State Fair
Pleasanton
Woodlands
Solano
Louisiana Downs
Stampede Park
Saratoga
Prairie Meadows
Delta Downs
Albequerque
Assiniboia
Golden Gate
Sam Houston
Portland Meadows
Lone Star Park
Sun Ray Park
Hawthorne

JustRalph
05-23-2007, 07:55 AM
wow, never even heard of a few of those.........

Maji
05-23-2007, 08:10 AM
They used to exist...........but they are polytrack now..........and btw, those bias favoring tracks were well known. The trick was finding a horse that beat the bias............

Aren't we all looking for that trick? :)

Maji
05-23-2007, 08:11 AM
The following is a list of tracks that showed a flat bet profit using no factor other than my early speed rating:

Fresno
Lincoln State Fair
Pleasanton
Woodlands
Solano
Louisiana Downs
Stampede Park
Saratoga
Prairie Meadows
Delta Downs
Albequerque
Assiniboia
Golden Gate
Sam Houston
Portland Meadows
Lone Star Park
Sun Ray Park
Hawthorne

Thank you CJ for your reply. What is the basis of your early speed rating? Just curious. If it is something you don't want to share in the public, please let me know and that I can understand.

cj's dad
05-23-2007, 08:56 AM

Didn't you tell me once that Philadelphia park fit this category??

cj
05-23-2007, 08:57 AM
It is based on the horse's last four races----1st call position, distance, surface, and pace figures.

cj
05-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Didn't you tell me once that Philadelphia park fit this category??

Philly is usually very speed favoring in extreme cold.

Overall, it is still pretty good, returning over 94 cents for every dollar bet with no other handicapping.

cj
05-23-2007, 09:03 AM
I should mention some that are the opposite, losing more than the track take:

Fonner
Remington
Ruidoso
Hoosier
Evangaline
Del Mar
Churchill
Fair Grounds
Monmouth

bigmack
05-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Del Mar
All bets are off with the new surf

cj
05-23-2007, 09:11 AM
Yeah, I forgot. I left other tracks with the new fake stuff off the list.

Maji
05-23-2007, 10:02 AM
cj,

thanks for the info.

Valuist
05-23-2007, 11:21 AM

Depends on the individual days. Nowadays, if a track becomes really biased, at some point the maintenance crew tries to fix the situation. I saw a few dead rails at GP this past winter but some good rail days as well as quite a few neutral tracks. You might want to check tracks that have big temperature swings, especially ones that go from above freezing to below, and vica versa. The Aqueduct inner is a good example of that.

alexander99
05-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Speed biased tracks?

There are plenty...

good place to start- southern cali.

JustRalph
05-23-2007, 12:00 PM
The old Turfway park after a hard rain.......practically paid for a car a bought a few years back. I miss it..............

cj
05-23-2007, 12:05 PM
Speed biased tracks?

There are plenty...

good place to start- southern cali.

ROFL...It is a little late for that now, unless of course you mean Fairplex.

GaryG
05-23-2007, 12:10 PM
ROFL...It is a little late for that now, unless of course you mean Fairplex.Sure....just stick to those 4f races that they have. On the normal two turn sprint there is usually a balls out rush for the lead heading into the sharp 1st turn. If only it were that easy.

Kelso
05-23-2007, 10:28 PM
I should mention some that are the opposite, losing more than the track take:
<snip>
Monmouth

CJ,
Surprised to see Monmouth on your speed-loses list. Articles in the official program - over the past two meets - have called particular attention to the track's notoriously fast dirt surface.

I don't have nearly enough experience to know the correct way to categorize MTH's bias (or lack), but I do know that I generally lose money on horses that have the lead midway down the back stretch ... both sprints and routes.

Pell Mell
05-24-2007, 09:06 AM
There can be a day to day or week to week bias on any track but I always looked to the long haul and what kind of horses prevailed on particular tracks. One way of doing this is to examine the type of horses in certain trainers barns.

I look at trainers that are always near the top of the standings at their home track. For instance; many years ago Hal Bishop was almost always the leading trainer at the Fair Grounds and he had a stable of 80-100 horses. One would be hard pressed to find a horse in his barn that didn't run from off the pace. Trainers know what kind of horses fit their home track and fill their barn with these types whenever possible, especially trainers that do a lot of claiming.

By looking at their horses, you can tell, to a degree, what kind of bias can be expected in the long run.

DanG
05-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Trainers know what kind of horses fit their home track and fill their barn with these types whenever possible, especially trainers that do a lot of claiming.

By looking at their horses, you can tell, to a degree, what kind of bias can be expected in the long run.
Good point Pell Mell. :ThmbUp:

bellsbendboy
05-24-2007, 10:56 AM
As previously printed a dirt bias can last for two races, two days or longer, but cappers catch on.

I find much more bettable bias on turf! The weather, the rail movement and the drainage patterns are unique to each track. The fact that many figure makers boil everything down to a number based on final time only adds to the value a competent capper can uncover! BBB