PDA

View Full Version : The Attraction of the NHL

philsfan07
05-22-2007, 11:00 AM
How hilarious was it that NBC shows 3 hours of a playoff hockey game, it goes into OT and they decide to show the Preakness prerace show..

I really wonder if they got one complaint..

Greyfox
05-22-2007, 11:17 AM
How hilarious was it that NBC shows 3 hours of a playoff hockey game, it goes into OT and they decide to show the Preakness prerace show..

Hockey is one of the most exciting action sports on earth, in winter.
Winter is over. Hockey should be too, except for two things:
1. greedy owners
2. greedy players
The regular NHL season is two months too long. Thus, we get Stanley Cup Playoffs that will go into June.
I won't watch them at that time of year.
I'll complain like hell if a Triple Crown race is not shown.

Greyfox
05-22-2007, 11:20 AM
What I've said above about Hockey applies to Basketball too.
Season should be over!

banacek
05-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Here's a link to s blog from the Sporting News on the subject with some comments from fans:

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/sealshockey/84608

DanG
05-22-2007, 11:32 AM

Spoken like a true Flyer fan; (Sorry, Phil…I couldn’t resist.)

I do agree the season is 20 games too long just for the sake of the player’s fatigue.

Have you ever had a conversation with a hockey player off the ice? 99% of them have more maturity than the other “major” sports combined.

Hockey must be experienced live and it helps if you go with someone who knows the game. I will say though since I purchased plasma the Hi-Def games are the most improved of all sports on the tube.

Love the sport and especially love the playoffs. :ThmbUp:

philsfan07
05-22-2007, 01:06 PM
What I've said above about Hockey applies to Basketball too.
Season should be over!

The biggest problem with both of the above mentioned sports is that too many teams make the playoffs.. It's ridiculous.. The regular season means nothing unless you are absolutely awful.

banacek
05-22-2007, 02:21 PM
The biggest problem with both of the above mentioned sports is that too many teams make the playoffs.. It's ridiculous.. The regular season means nothing unless you are absolutely awful.

I agree, too many regular season games, too many playoff teams - for both basketball and hockey. And as Grey said, because of greed.

skate
05-22-2007, 02:51 PM
if you're a player, Hockey, is excellent for action.

the goal means so much, it keeps you on the edge of you seat, just like horse racioing.

csperberg
05-22-2007, 05:35 PM
NHL had a 1.2 overnight rating

Preakness had a 5.4 overnight rating.

NBC actually did the right thing by ditching less viewers for more viewers here.