PDA

View Full Version : Question on Mountaineer Park and Calder Race Card

Maji
05-21-2007, 05:50 PM
I have started my own handicapping and betting very recently. Based on my observations for the last month or so, I found that the system works well for Mountaineer Park and the Calder Cards. It is a very small sample, but that is something I observed. This is based on my comparisons with Belmont, Churchill Downs, Pimlico, Philadephia and a couple of others. My system uses the Bris Figures and does not take into account the M/L odds. So, the race secretary's ability/inability to pick the proper odds does not influence my final choices.

Is there anything special with the Mountaineer Park and/or the Calder Course?

Thanks for your help.

michiken
05-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Good luck on your system for Mountaineer.

You will find that the system will probably not last as the track changes over time ---> especially with those cheap ones and shippers!

rrpic6
05-21-2007, 09:38 PM
[
Is there anything special with the Mountaineer Park and/or the Calder Course?

Thanks for your help.

Mountaineer Park is a track that will have quite a few bias changes. Keeping good records will help improve your chances of showing a profit there. Example: Horses from a particular date all won from an outside post while inside posts had no chance. Horses coming out of the same race run again, with the horse that had an inside post previously, showed speed then faded. His odds will become greater than rivals that had an outside post in their previous race. A good chance this horse will have a much better chance of winning in the rematch, at an inflated price.
Another example: A horse will show a big closing move five or six races back, but none since, all double digit losses. Todays races have been favoring all closers, with most of the early speed ones fading out of the money. This one-run closer could be a very good price if the bias does swing to all deep closers.