PDA

View Full Version : Bris

baravot
12-03-2002, 01:14 PM
Is anyone else having a problem accessing the Bisnet website?

Larry Hamilton
12-03-2002, 01:16 PM
I cant get on TSN

BillW
12-03-2002, 01:18 PM
Brisbet has gone bye-bye (DNS lookup failure)

levinmpa
12-03-2002, 01:24 PM
Brisbet.com and TSNbet.com are redirected to www.americatab.com. The site has been unavailable since I started trying at 11:45AM ET. A friend of mine has an account on there and I login to place wagers for him while he's at work. As of 1:20PM ET, it is still unavailable. They must be having major network problems. Their DNS servers are up though. I did an nslookup and was able to query one of the servers. That doesn't help if the network that the web servers are on is unavailable.

I was going to wager for my friend through my Phonebet.com account, and of course at 2 minutes to post for the 1st at Suffolk, Phonebet.com goes down and we get shut out on a $15.60 winner. Imagine that. I've got access to 2 accounts on 2 different networks and I can't get in. I know it's not my internet provider because I can remote my server at home, and I still can't get to these sites from my home server. Phonebet.com came back online a few minutes later. I'm still pissed off though. I hate getting shut out on a winner.

GR1@HTR
12-03-2002, 01:41 PM
866 274 7238

GR1@HTR
12-03-2002, 09:05 PM
link is still dead...P6 3 amigos prob. hacked it...GAME OVER...

cj
12-03-2002, 10:14 PM
I didn't wager, but the link is working again at least.

CJ

CapperLou
12-03-2002, 10:16 PM
brisnet---brisbet---stable alert

Brisbet was down on Sunday afternoon--of course still down.

Brisnet responds now, but their stable alert is not sending out anything that I'm aware of today.

Had to phone everything in on Sunday.

I've about had it with them--their live video is the worst and they rarely have New York on it.

But where to go???????? Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

CapperLou

Handle
12-03-2002, 11:18 PM
CapperLou - I similarly had bad experiences with BrisBet. I finally called it quits and went to YouBet (I hadn't checked back in with them since I first tried when they only had software that worked on Windows 98 only -- everything is Web based now). I've been very happy with them. Their video is miles better than brisbet. The interface for selecting wagers is much better. With BrisBet, more than once did I place a bet, not realizing that it was for the NEXT race because only the numbers of the horses are displayed (and I was in a hurry)).

I only wish you could _computer_ bet all of the tracks that they have computer and/or phone betting for.

-Nathan

hurrikane
12-04-2002, 08:08 AM
still down this morning. Guess it's time to pick up my hat and walk.

BillW
12-04-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by hurrikane
still down this morning. Guess it's time to pick up my hat and walk.

hurrikane,

If you're seeing the same behavior that I am here ... when selecting the main page it comes up blank, just select "live odds and wagering" from the top menu bar and it will get you there ... why the front page doesn't load, I don't know ... probably an HTML error of some sort. I haven't tried placng a bet yet but I'm assuming that is working as I can log in and get the proper wagering screen etc.

Update: while sitting here typing this I had another window open on the brisbet main page. After a few minutes it came up. Guess it is just running slow :)

Using the menu will be faster.

Bill

Tom
12-04-2002, 09:15 PM
Got this in email today.....also, can get onto site now, too.

Dear AmericaTab Customer:
Over the past two days you may have been experiencing difficulties accessing the AmericaTab online wagering system and your individual affiliate's website.

As part of our upgrade plans, we have added additional bandwidth to our primary and backup systems, and needed to make some IP address changes in conjunction with switching to our new service provider. Unfortunately, many DNS servers are not recognizing the changes yet. The DNS servers, in simple terms, translate the web address (ie: www.americatab.com) into the IP address (ie: 65.164.145.125) so it is easier to find websites on the Internet. When these listings do not match, it results in the "Cannot find Server" error which you may be experiencing.

As soon as your Internet provider's DNS server (as configured in your TCP/IP network settings) updates its cache, you will be able to access the websites. Many of the major Internet service providers such as AOL and Earthlink have already updated their cache, so this notice may not affect you. We anticipate that 99% of all DNS servers should be resolving to the new addresses by this evening and 90% will probably be updated before 5:00pm EST today.

If you are still experiencing problems, and are comfortable with changing your DNS settings, you can have immediate access to our sites by changing the DNS settings on your computer. You can change your DNS server temporarily to our DNS server at 65.169.168.65 to get to our websites. As each Internet service provider has different settings, we recommend contacting your Internet service provider for instructions if you are not familiar with how to do this.

As always, our telephone operators stand ready to accept wagers for you during system downtimes. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and thank everyone for their patience as we have resolved this problem.

BillW
12-04-2002, 09:43 PM
It's not unfortunate that many DNS servers didn't recognize the change immediately ... it's how things work. They just didn't anticipate the propagation delay and send this e-mail 2 days ago warning of this eventuality. :confused:

Bill

rrbauer
12-05-2002, 11:23 AM
Thursday morning.
Can't get access to any of the download menus.

Home page says "Technical Difficulties"

I've known these people for a long time. Nothing ever changes!

CapperLou
12-05-2002, 11:55 AM
rrbauer

I'm with you. As posted before--I think I've had my fill of Bris. One of the reasons I have used them is to get the 20% off the single files I get from them every month--but I don't think it's worth it anymore.

The question is where to go---someone mentioned Youbet, but I'm not sure if they are set up for Windows XP and they seem to have a bad attitude the one time I spoke to them over phone.

Give me your input please---it's a pain to change sites.
Thx very much.

CapperLou

rrbauer
12-05-2002, 12:16 PM
CapperLou

I just got in and was able to download. I only download one file from them anymore since I'm able to do an export from the DRF Formulator files. I could probably change my software and get from the DRF extract what I'm getting from the BRIS file (except for pace figs), but I'm too lazy to do that. When I'm playing just one track I only spend about $20 per month with them anymore.

:mad: Grin and bear it is my motto!

ceejay
12-05-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by CapperLou
rrbauer

I'm with you. As posted before--I think I've had my fill of Bris. One of the reasons I have used them is to get the 20% off the single files I get from them every month--but I don't think it's worth it anymore.

The question is where to go---someone mentioned Youbet, but I'm not sure if they are set up for Windows XP and they seem to have a bad attitude the one time I spoke to them over phone.

Give me your input please---it's a pain to change sites.
Thx very much.

CapperLou

IMO YOUBET is better than BRIS on all levels (except the free Ultimate PP's that BRIS offers). Youbet's video is better and their betting interface is better for the bettor. I would still be using YOUBET (even with their fee stucture) but they have told me that they don't want my action because of my state of residence.

As to customer service from Youbet my experience has been good. Tech support was only average. The one time that I called with a tech Support issue the tech had never heard of my operating system (WIN-NT) and his advise was just plain wrong but I had the same experience with BRISBET.