PDA

View Full Version : my heart goes out to the guy who lost the pick 6 at hollywood park

gIracing
05-20-2007, 08:37 PM
I honestly feel bad for the guy who just lost 850K, whereever you are.

Not only did he loose by a NOSE... the horse that beat him in the last race clearly interfered with the horse that came in 2nd, his horse, and no objection was called.

Still gets 5700 dollars, but the guy managed to get though a 70 something to one shot, everything else that card had in store, only to loose like that.... that drives a man insane

Light
05-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Like Tony Soprano says"whadya gonna do". We all have our sob stories. I wish I played the Hol Pk6 today.I had everything but the $145 horse. I would have humbly accepted $5k for 5 of 6.

kenwoodallpromos
05-20-2007, 10:12 PM
I guess not clear enough to those who matter! You can predict a % losing to "racing luck", but not which races!! The Dixie must have been good luck for him but bad for the horse!

gIracing
05-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Like Tony Soprano says"whadya gonna do". We all have our sob stories. I wish I played the Hol Pk6 today.I had everything but the $145 horse. I would have humbly accepted $5k for 5 of 6.

that one race was the sole reason I stayed out the pick 6.. I would have had to hit the all button, and that's too much in a 14 horse field.

man, I gotta tell you.. they should have at least got a stewards objection on that.. looking at the pan shot.. the horse came over and just bumped him about 2 paths over in the stretch.. everyone was tired and staggaring home... But I guess a pick 6 carryover is in everyone's best interest :(

I'll be playing it wednesday I can tell you that much

Light
05-20-2007, 11:02 PM
I think the stewards must have checked their tickets and decided there was no inteference. Incidental contact. But like baseball umpires they miss calls.

The favorite,a first time starter, should have beat the $145 horse easy.Horse weaved all over the track like a drunk. So whoever had the pk6 going got a break there and lost a heartbreak later.He must of spread out too much somewhere to exclude the winner in the last. Obvious chalk contender.

bigmack
05-20-2007, 11:25 PM
I'm confused by the posts. Sky Cape who popped @ $145 ran a very solid race and was in a field of 10 not 14 and I saw little in the way of interference in the 9th where the 3-1 beat the 3-1. What are you guys talking about?

Greyfox
05-20-2007, 11:42 PM
I think the stewards must have checked their tickets and decided there was no inteference..

Light, you are a very bright poster. Excellent posts.
(Whether I agree or not ,you always get me thinking. Bright like "Light.")
But with this one your are showing signs of a "problem with authority."
Were you a difficult kid with every teacher? Your Mom and Dad? Your boss?
If so.... look at "trust issues"...

the_fat_man
05-20-2007, 11:46 PM
I'm confused by the posts. Sky Cape who popped @ $145 ran a very solid race and was in a field of 10 not 14 and I saw little in the way of interference in the 9th where the 3-1 beat the 3-1. What are you guys talking about?

Incredibly, Hollywood Park is now showing FULL headon replays (not the abbreviated version). You should check it out, Mack. Under the circumstances, a head loss, the stewards should've at least looked at the race. Pedroza on the 8 is basically minding his own business and keeping a straight path on the 8, whipping steadily lefty to the wire. Nakatani, on the 5, is also whipping lefty and can't get his horse to change leads. He stops whipping near the end and his horse, bearing in all along, comes in and brushes the 8. Since it's only a head, he really should've come down.

bigmack
05-21-2007, 12:14 AM
Roger that Fats, the head on gives a clear view of a potential take down. Funny Marty P didn't lodge an objection. Still confused about the 14 horse all comment and how folk knew who had what on a P6 tick

gIracing
05-21-2007, 02:00 PM
it was funny... it was the probably one of the quickest turns from unoffical to official I have ever seen, espically given the circumstances.

yeah you can't notice it from the regular angle, I had no idea until i saw the pan. I mean it's clear as day, the ONLY question (really) was, did it happen before or after the wire. i mean, it literalry costed a guy 850k.. well, take away the 5700 he made for 5 out of 6 so 844ishK

philsfan07
05-21-2007, 03:13 PM
I think the stewards must have checked their tickets and decided there was no inteference. Incidental contact. But like baseball umpires they miss calls.
\

Big difference between missing a call and insinuations that the call was not missed, but rather was based on personal gain..

gIracing
05-21-2007, 03:20 PM
dude, you GOTTA see the pan shot. it's about as can't miss as can't miss gets. the 5 horse looks like he just got out of a club at 3 in the morning, staggaring everywhere and just bogards the 8 horse. like i said, him bumping him is not the question.. it's before or after the wire that is.

garyoz
05-21-2007, 03:35 PM
I honestly feel bad for the guy who just lost 850K, whereever you are.

It was probably a betting consortium--too bad. But the economics of carryovers are part of the game in a discretionary situation. I hope there are all favorites on Wednesday. I always cheer for favorites on carryover days in order to distribute the money as broadly as possible. (Personally I don't play pick-6's)

gIracing
05-21-2007, 03:59 PM
unless I feel strongly about something in at least half the races, i don't either....

BlueShoe
05-21-2007, 09:26 PM
I think I may have put a hex on that poor guy.Just before the race went off I commented to a couple of my pals that "wouldnt it be awful if you had one of the two live tickets and you got beat a nose?".Sure enough,thats what happened.To make it seem worse,I had a small bet on the winner.For one of the very few times ever,I actually almost wished that I had lost.However,there is that huge carryover going into Wednesday,and perhaps I will take a shot and see what happens.One other thing;that live ticket may have been part of a syndicate that put in a 4 or5 thou ticket;if that is the case,then I dont feel so sorry for them.