PDA

View Full Version : For You Harness Fans - Balmoral 12/3

sq764
12-02-2002, 11:32 PM
Thought I would mix it up with some harness action here..

Balmoral Park Analysis
Tuesday December 3, 2002
by Scott Q

Race 1 - N/W 2 or $5,000 Life

#6 Park Lane Splendor (7/2)
#1 Silver Lotto (4/1)
#8 Katys Little Lady (9/2)
#10 Yeah Whatever (8/1)

PARK LANE SPLENDOR looks to be the fastest in here and the class of the field. Should be able to carry her speed a little further against this field tonight. SILVER LOTTO shows nice closing ability in last few, will need to avoid the shuffle from the 1 hole tonight though. KATYS LITTLE LADY is another speedster that should be able to sit the pocket behind the leader. Not sure if she will have any in the tank late though. YEAH WHATEVER - purely for a minor share late.

Race 2 - 2YO N/W of 2 or $5,000 Life

#9 Another Success (5/1)
#4 Mr Sport (7/2)
#6 Magnificent Mack (8/1)

ANOTHER SUCCESS should race very big tonight. Love the efforts of late and had a rough journey in last. Only problem is the 9 hole, but should be able to overcome. MR SPORT was interefered with in last and had virtually no shot afterwards. If he can race clean tonight can be a factor. MAGNIFICENT MACK will be on the front end again tonight. Will have a tough time holding on at Balmoral, not too many wire to wire winners here, but should be around late..

Race 3 - F/M N/W of 2 or $5,000 Life

#3 GIA's Eternal (9/2)
#6 Trotten Connection (20/1)
#5 Starlet Lane (3/1)

GIA's ETERNAL gets the nod in this wide open affair. Ships over from Prairie Meadows and should improve a bunch ver the faster Balmoral oval tonight. TROTTEN CONNECTION is a hunch play in here. This one did not disgrace herself out of the 10 hole in last race and I would not be shocked to see her race big tonight. STARLET LANE will likely be bet pretty hard tonight. I do not know how or why you would take a short price in such a crapshoot type of race.

Race 4 - N/W of 2 or $5,000 Life

#2 Bring the Pain (3/1)
#1 Justa Scooter (8/1)
#7 Powerful Paul (10/1)

BRING THE PAIN is in crazy form right now and is tough to ignore. I am not a chalk player but if this one races his race, it could be tough for the rest of this field. JUSTA SCOOTER should get the same type of garden trip tonight and could be a big part of the exacta and trifecta tonight. POWERFUL PAUL could be a big sleeper in here. Ships in from a couple of Northville efforts and will defeinitely improve off of those. Gets Dave Magee tonight and has to get a look at a price.

Race 5 - 2YO N/W of 2 or $5,000 Life

#9 Mac Gram (7/2)
#3 Master Valentino (5/1)
#6 Les Nomades (9/2)

MAC GRAM gets the slight nod in here based on some sharp closing form of late. Should get some very live cover out of the 9 hole tonight and will be rolling late. MASTER VALENTINO had an ugly effort in last, but was relatively sharp in efforts prior to that. Should improve and revert back to better form.. LES NOMADES should be ready off that solid qualifier and may get some play. I want to see a race back before I bet to win though..

Race 6 - N/W 3 or $9,000 Life

#2 Park Lane Spirit (4/1)
#5 Kennan's Billy (6/1)
#7 Riff (3/1)
#10 Fox Valley Alabar (7/2)

PARK LANE SPIRIT shows loads of potential and should only improve off that last solid effort. Should get a great trip out of the 2 hole tonight as well.. KENNAN'S BILLY was roughed up in last and has actually been racing much better than his lines have indicated. Could step up at a price. RIFF has been consistently coughing it up late and not for me on top. May get a piece of pie, but I would not take a short price at all tonight.. FOX VALLEY ALABAR should be rolling tonight very late and should get a minor share. Will need a lot to happen to be involved at the wire.

Race 7 - N/W of $8500 in Last 5

#7 Rasberry Worthy (7/2)
#2 DJ Strikes (6/1)
#6 Capron Classic (4/1)

RASBERRY WORTHY drops back in here from open company and should appreciate the softer company. Has never faced this type of competition before and with a top effort should be tough to beat. DJ STRIKES is racing 2nd race over the Balmoral oval after some quality starts at Colonial. Should improve here tonight. CAPRON CLASSIC has also been facing some much tougher competition. The form is not there, but its understandable considering the quick miles.

Race 8 - F/M N/W of $5,000 in Last 5

#3 Hopetobebest (5/1)
#6 Bay Rosa N (6/1)
#8 Ideal Cape (7/2)

HOPETOBEBEST looks very sharp right now and gets a key driver change tonight. Should get a sweet trip out of the 2 hole tonight and should pop out late down the lane. BAY ROSA N did not like the Maywood oval and seems to prefer the mile track. Should be making a big move late again tonight, needs some pace up front. IDEAL CAPE may get some action at the windows tonight and I think she deserves it. I just cannot take her at a short price, just not a good investment.

Race 9 - N/W of $5,000 in Last 5

#6 Alexanderthegreat (3/1)
#2 Ten Mills (6/1)
#7 Two is Delimit (7/2)

ALEXANDERTHEGREAT could not be any sharper right now. Faced a monster mile in last out of the 9 hole and won't have that kind of task tonight. Still need to demand some value though. TEN MILLS drops back to one of the lowest levels he's been at in a long time. This horse is ready to pop a big mile and although its tough to recommend Del Chupp, he's got horse here. TWO IS DELIMIT has had several rough trips of late and is bound to have some good racing luck. Will need to work out a trip tonight and should get the pace he needs.

Race 10 - F/M $6000 Claiming

#4 Kgbrina Willowbee (3/1)
#2 Illinois Belle (7/2)
#9 Money Train (6/1)
#6 Muff Liz (15/1)

KGBRINA WILLOWBEE stays at the same level where she dominated last week. I like this move, looks like a cost concious move and she should race big again. Is simply better than this field tonight. ILLINOIS BELLE looks to be clearly second best. If the exacta here is paying $15+, I would consider making the wager. MONEY TRAIN has had some ugly efforts of late and is due for a clean trip tonight. Will need to get some outer flow to get a minor share tonight. MUFF LIZ could be moving very late to round out the superfecta. Could definitely be the final piece to a worthwhile superfecta..

Race 11 - F/M N/W 5 or $30000 Life

#4 Cold Hearted Babe (4/1)
#6 Ideal Renee (3/1)
#2 Lovely Audrey (8/1)
#7 Tonys Prettybubble (8/1)

COLD HEARTED BABE gets the slight call over my second choice. I like the fact that Dave Magee sticks around to drive this one in the 11th tonight. Should give a game effort. IDEAL RENEE is definitely the sharpest horse in here, but as we know, the sharpest does not always win. Should be right there with the top choice and may be a nice exacta box.. LOVELY AUDREY has some talent and should improve with each race. Always am weary of betting on Ryan Anderson, but he's been driving this one decent of late. TONYS PRETTYBUBBLE takes a big drop in class and has shown some deceptive form of late, can get a minor share in here at a price.

sq764
12-03-2002, 12:08 AM
I meant to add that if there was any interest, I would try to post these picks a few times a week here. Just not sure how the harness crowd is here and didn't want to rock the boat with some harness picks. Always respectful of the webmaster here, he's a good guy..

Zaf
12-03-2002, 08:15 PM
A friend of mine is a huge fan of Balmoral Harness Racing.

He'd be glad to have your analysis.

ZAFONIC

sq764
12-03-2002, 11:25 PM
Not too bad for the first night of harness here.. Hit the 6th race exacta, trifecta and superfecta cold for $46.20, $155, $269.90..

Race 4, 3rd choice won and paid $105 to win..

Balmoral Park Analysis
Tuesday December 3, 2002
by Scott Q

Race 1 - N/W 2 or $5,000 Life

#6 Park Lane Splendor (7/2) (Won paid $5.00)
#1 Silver Lotto (4/1)
#8 Katys Little Lady (9/2)
#10 Yeah Whatever (8/1)

PARK LANE SPLENDOR looks to be the fastest in here and the class of the field. Should be able to carry her speed a little further against this field tonight. SILVER LOTTO shows nice closing ability in last few, will need to avoid the shuffle from the 1 hole tonight though. KATYS LITTLE LADY is another speedster that should be able to sit the pocket behind the leader. Not sure if she will have any in the tank late though. YEAH WHATEVER - purely for a minor share late.

Race 2 - 2YO N/W of 2 or $5,000 Life

#9 Another Success (5/1)
#4 Mr Sport (7/2)
#6 Magnificent Mack (8/1)

ANOTHER SUCCESS should race very big tonight. Love the efforts of late and had a rough journey in last. Only problem is the 9 hole, but should be able to overcome. MR SPORT was interefered with in last and had virtually no shot afterwards. If he can race clean tonight can be a factor. MAGNIFICENT MACK will be on the front end again tonight. Will have a tough time holding on at Balmoral, not too many wire to wire winners here, but should be around late..

Race 3 - F/M N/W of 2 or $5,000 Life

#3 GIA's Eternal (9/2)
#6 Trotten Connection (20/1)
#5 Starlet Lane (3/1) (Won - Paid $3.40)

GIA's ETERNAL gets the nod in this wide open affair. Ships over from Prairie Meadows and should improve a bunch ver the faster Balmoral oval tonight. TROTTEN CONNECTION is a hunch play in here. This one did not disgrace herself out of the 10 hole in last race and I would not be shocked to see her race big tonight. STARLET LANE will likely be bet pretty hard tonight. I do not know how or why you would take a short price in such a crapshoot type of race.

Race 4 - N/W of 2 or $5,000 Life

#2 Bring the Pain (3/1)
#1 Justa Scooter (8/1)
#7 Powerful Paul (10/1) (Won - Paid $105.20)

BRING THE PAIN is in crazy form right now and is tough to ignore. I am not a chalk player but if this one races his race, it could be tough for the rest of this field. JUSTA SCOOTER should get the same type of garden trip tonight and could be a big part of the exacta and trifecta tonight. POWERFUL PAUL could be a big sleeper in here. Ships in from a couple of Northville efforts and will defeinitely improve off of those. Gets Dave Magee tonight and has to get a look at a price.

Race 5 - 2YO N/W of 2 or $5,000 Life

#9 Mac Gram (7/2)
#3 Master Valentino (5/1)
#6 Les Nomades (9/2) (Won - Paid $4.60)

MAC GRAM gets the slight nod in here based on some sharp closing form of late. Should get some very live cover out of the 9 hole tonight and will be rolling late. MASTER VALENTINO had an ugly effort in last, but was relatively sharp in efforts prior to that. Should improve and revert back to better form.. LES NOMADES should be ready off that solid qualifier and may get some play. I want to see a race back before I bet to win though..

Race 6 - N/W 3 or $9,000 Life

#2 Park Lane Spirit (4/1)(Won - Paid $8.40)
#5 Kennan's Billy (6/1) (Exacta paid $46.60)
#7 Riff (3/1) (Trifecta paid $115.00)
#10 Fox Valley Alabar (7/2) (Superfecta paid $269.90)

PARK LANE SPIRIT shows loads of potential and should only improve off that last solid effort. Should get a great trip out of the 2 hole tonight as well.. KENNAN'S BILLY was roughed up in last and has actually been racing much better than his lines have indicated. Could step up at a price. RIFF has been consistently coughing it up late and not for me on top. May get a piece of pie, but I would not take a short price at all tonight.. FOX VALLEY ALABAR should be rolling tonight very late and should get a minor share. Will need a lot to happen to be involved at the wire.

Race 7 - N/W of $8500 in Last 5

#7 Rasberry Worthy (7/2)
#2 DJ Strikes (6/1) (Won - Paid $28.20)
#6 Capron Classic (4/1)

RASBERRY WORTHY drops back in here from open company and should appreciate the softer company. Has never faced this type of competition before and with a top effort should be tough to beat. DJ STRIKES is racing 2nd race over the Balmoral oval after some quality starts at Colonial. Should improve here tonight. CAPRON CLASSIC has also been facing some much tougher competition. The form is not there, but its understandable considering the quick miles.

Race 8 - F/M N/W of $5,000 in Last 5

#3 Hopetobebest (5/1)
#6 Bay Rosa N (6/1)
#8 Ideal Cape (7/2)

HOPETOBEBEST looks very sharp right now and gets a key driver change tonight. Should get a sweet trip out of the 2 hole tonight and should pop out late down the lane. BAY ROSA N did not like the Maywood oval and seems to prefer the mile track. Should be making a big move late again tonight, needs some pace up front. IDEAL CAPE may get some action at the windows tonight and I think she deserves it. I just cannot take her at a short price, just not a good investment.

Race 9 - N/W of $5,000 in Last 5

#6 Alexanderthegreat (3/1) (Won - Paid $4.80)
#2 Ten Mills (6/1)
#7 Two is Delimit (7/2)

ALEXANDERTHEGREAT could not be any sharper right now. Faced a monster mile in last out of the 9 hole and won't have that kind of task tonight. Still need to demand some value though. TEN MILLS drops back to one of the lowest levels he's been at in a long time. This horse is ready to pop a big mile and although its tough to recommend Del Chupp, he's got horse here. TWO IS DELIMIT has had several rough trips of late and is bound to have some good racing luck. Will need to work out a trip tonight and should get the pace he needs.

Race 10 - F/M $6000 Claiming

#4 Kgbrina Willowbee (3/1)
#2 Illinois Belle (7/2)
#9 Money Train (6/1)
#6 Muff Liz (15/1)

KGBRINA WILLOWBEE stays at the same level where she dominated last week. I like this move, looks like a cost concious move and she should race big again. Is simply better than this field tonight. ILLINOIS BELLE looks to be clearly second best. If the exacta here is paying $15+, I would consider making the wager. MONEY TRAIN has had some ugly efforts of late and is due for a clean trip tonight. Will need to get some outer flow to get a minor share tonight. MUFF LIZ could be moving very late to round out the superfecta. Could definitely be the final piece to a worthwhile superfecta..

Race 11 - F/M N/W 5 or $30000 Life

#4 Cold Hearted Babe (4/1)
#6 Ideal Renee (3/1)
#2 Lovely Audrey (8/1)
#7 Tonys Prettybubble (8/1)

COLD HEARTED BABE gets the slight call over my second choice. I like the fact that Dave Magee sticks around to drive this one in the 11th tonight. Should give a game effort. IDEAL RENEE is definitely the sharpest horse in here, but as we know, the sharpest does not always win. Should be right there with the top choice and may be a nice exacta box.. LOVELY AUDREY has some talent and should improve with each race. Always am weary of betting on Ryan Anderson, but he's been driving this one decent of late. TONYS PRETTYBUBBLE takes a big drop in class and has shown some deceptive form of late, can get a minor share in here at a price.