PDA

View Full Version : Booted

abe
05-18-2007, 08:59 AM
Nice AP Indy colt out of the Seeking the Gold mare Scoot Yer Boots will run in a MSW at Hollywood Sunday race 4. Trained by Mandella and ridden by Migliore. Has been working steadily since the first part of April at Hollywood so should be ready to fire.

abe
05-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Lost by a head.

joeyreb
05-20-2007, 07:17 PM
I liked this horse today too...

Got beat by 70/1 bomber

gIracing
05-20-2007, 07:27 PM
he needs more distance

the_fat_man
05-20-2007, 07:29 PM
The SWEETEST SUCKER BET of all: the CAN'T MISS, LOW ODDS, 1st time 2 year old FREAK.

At least this one ran. Of course, he had an excuse.:lol:

gIracing
05-20-2007, 07:32 PM
The SWEETEST SUCKER BET of all: the CAN'T MISS, LOW ODDS, 1st time 2 year old FREAK.

At least this one ran. Of course, he had an excuse.:lol:

i'm with you on that... which is why I didn't make a bet on the race. you can't logically handicap a race when half the field hasn't ran yet, and the TWO favoriates are non racers as of yet.. you can't pedigree handicap.

however that is a damn good looking colt

the_fat_man
05-20-2007, 07:52 PM
i'm with you on that... which is why I didn't make a bet on the race. you can't logically handicap a race when half the field hasn't ran yet, and the TWO favoriates are non racers as of yet.. you can't pedigree handicap.

however that is a damn good looking colt

Let me tell you something, bro

I worked on the backstretch for a number of 'bigtime' operations

and there was one constant between all of them:

we lost ALOT of money on can't-miss 2 year olds that got into trouble in their 1st start

of course, there were also cases where we cashed on 2 year olds but they usually weren't the FREAKS of the barn and we typically never bet as much

was there anyone in America that hadn't heard about Booted?

and they all got the BOOT (in the Ass):D

gIracing
05-20-2007, 08:34 PM
heres the thing though... lets say you hvae a runner... but you still have no idea if what the other barn has, they could be making that same bet, snikering to themsleves about the horse they have making a first time start.

All I'm saying is, as far as a money making venture, it's not financially fiesable to handicap a pedigree based race.

Ponyplayr
05-20-2007, 10:59 PM
heres the thing though... lets say you hvae a runner... but you still have no idea if what the other barn has, they could be making that same bet, snikering to themsleves about the horse they have making a first time start.

All I'm saying is, as far as a money making venture, it's not financially fiesable to handicap a pedigree based race.What tools do you use to handicap pedigree?

point given
05-21-2007, 12:34 AM
how'd you like to have a double with the $145 horse and get back $100 for your double ? check it out theprevious race was a 1/5 and with the bomber paid $100.

BTW - i watched the live race and think that these 2yo races are pretty interesting to pedigree and eyeball wager on. Small exacta and dd bets can return good $$.

GaryG
05-21-2007, 08:30 AM
Mandella used to win with 1st timers but now I believe he is something like 1 for 40. Tough to take a short price.

abe
05-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Of this years Derby starters, only 6 were favorites first time out and only 4 of them won. So what does that mean? Nothing! Except that I guess everyone had heard of those 6 before the race also. :cool:

abe
05-21-2007, 12:12 PM
General Racing Discussion (67 Viewing)
Is that hyped 2-year-old the real deal? Discuss all on and off track action here!
Isn't this what this thread is for? :cool:

BeatTheChalk
05-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Let me tell you something, bro

I worked on the backstretch for a number of 'bigtime' operations

and there was one constant between all of them:

we lost ALOT of money on can't-miss 2 year olds that got into trouble in their 1st start

of course, there were also cases where we cashed on 2 year olds but they usually weren't the FREAKS of the barn and we typically never bet as much

was there anyone in America that hadn't heard about Booted?

and they all got the BOOT (in the Ass):D

Fat Man -- U are the man !! I always Crack up when I read your
posts. Allow me a quick story ..2 year old .. hot stuff.. first time
starter at HOL many years ago when the dope and drugs were not
even on the radar screen :lol:
My friend who owned horses at the time .. got this " info " about
a Hot 2 year old. First time starter .. average workouts . . .hadnt
been touted.
It was raining at HOL . The horse was over 50 - 1 !~! Took the
lead in a 4 1/2 furlong race. Still had the lead in midstrech when
out of the clouds comes the favorite. She ( our baby ) lost at
the wire.
The good news is ...we had her backed up in the place and
show slots...So all was just fine ..but if the horse wudda
shuuda cudda WON the race :bang: ..ah well we move forward.

gIracing
05-21-2007, 01:53 PM
http://www.pedigreequery.com/?query_type=horse

Mainly what I use it for is first time turfers... but it has it's uses.. i've landed a couple of BOMBS with it

gIracing
05-21-2007, 01:55 PM
i think you won't here the last of that group that ran yesterday.. I saw some interesting lookig horses in there, even some of the longshots had a look about them

I really like Booted... just not at that distance

DanG
05-21-2007, 02:04 PM
All I'm saying is, as far as a money making venture, it's not financially fiesable to handicap a pedigree based race.
This is simply not true 'GI;

“Magical Mona” for example stood out in Sundays 6th at Belmont. That race cried out for a FTS and with HTR’s pedigree information she became a perfectly logical single.

There are hundreds of examples where good pedigree information is invaluable in many situations. It's one of the best ratings in HTR when applied properly IMHO.

gIracing
05-21-2007, 03:22 PM
lol, you are missing the point.

In a race where you have a HORSE that hasn't run and you have information that most people don't sure...

but in a 14 horse field where more than half of them haven't ran, throw in a million dollar horse and a cushion track, stair up and take out loads of FUN!

in other words, long term, you might win one race, but you will eventually loose money making bets on imperical data.

I guess it's my personality.. i can't make a bet on a horse I haven't seen with my own two eyes