PDA

View Full Version : Business Cards, how to use MS works??

JPinMaryland
05-16-2007, 03:33 PM
I've got this MS WOrks Suite 2004 which I guess is some sort of business package. How the hell to I make a business card on it? IT's got cards: Floral cards, greeting cards, birthday cards. Why the fawk would I want to make a greeting card in an office setting? Sure okay maybe my business is greetign cards, but wouldnt it be more likely that someone might want to make business card for himself? What the hell am I missing?? :confused:

JustRalph
05-16-2007, 09:13 PM
I've got this MS WOrks Suite 2004 which I guess is some sort of business package. How the hell to I make a business card on it? IT's got cards: Floral cards, greeting cards, birthday cards. Why the fawk would I want to make a greeting card in an office setting? Sure okay maybe my business is greetign cards, but wouldnt it be more likely that someone might want to make business card for himself? What the hell am I missing?? :confused:

It is not an office product. It came out as a cheaper alternative to MS Office. It is for home use.........not business use. Therefore it has all kinds of greeting card crap for homemakers etc.

JPinMaryland
05-16-2007, 11:20 PM
Crap. okay so I just lay them out on paint, ms word programs,etc? Which I can do, not really a problem, but Is there any other cheap program to layout business cards? or is just using MS word and paint etc. just really the same thing?

I found a couple of supposedly free downloads for making business cards but they were scams sort of.

ANyhow, thanks for that tip, that will save me a lot of time. I had opened the help manual, 150 pp. and did a search for "Business cards." and nothing. Then I did a google search and sure enuf found some reviews that claimed this suite of products made business cards... :bang:

At least I can make floral greeting cards. that will look nice.

Tom
05-16-2007, 11:41 PM
See the word processor has a template (Word itself does) and buy a pack of card papers. You set them up in the template and the paper is set up so you punch them out. Template in word is under "Tools> Envelopes and Labels.

KingChas
05-16-2007, 11:49 PM
JP, open MS Works and click on home publishing for business cards.If you don't see home publishing ,you didn't download it off the set up discs.Disc #4
on mine. ;)

Tom
05-16-2007, 11:49 PM
You can do it with Works word processor - Tools>Labels

JustRalph
05-17-2007, 12:13 AM
Depends on what version you have whether or not you have "home publishing" or whatever they call it. some do, some don't.

For what it is worth; I have never seen anybody do up a business card on a home computer that was worth a damn.........when it was all said and done.

There are places online that let you design and order. But you can design and steal............if you want............

this took 2 minutes or less

JPinMaryland
05-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Okay I see tools/labels, this will allow me to set up the spacing and the margins correctly. I think I've already done that but that' still useful.

Has anybody gone the Vista print route? Does that look tacky to see their name on the back?