PDA

View Full Version : NYers can bet all via NYRA ADW

trigger
05-16-2007, 10:08 AM
:jump: "NYRA said that its ADW program is the only one in the country that offers its members a full simulcast menu that includes all Magna/Churchill tracks as well as those racetrack signals exclusive to TVG"

http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=38949

rrbauer
05-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Of course everybody is in the pool. Nobody wants to piss off NY with the NY Racing contract still up for grabs. Once that contract goes down, if the CD/Magna consortium isn't the winner we'll see how altruistic they are about their roster of tracks being part of the NY ADW enterprise. Especially if TVG is still providing their TV coverage.

BTW, is the NY ADW for NY-residents only?

Premier Turf Club
05-16-2007, 10:53 AM
BTW, is the NY ADW for NY-residents only?

I'm not sure but I think the converse is true; it's the only ADW where NY residents can legally play.

cj
05-16-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm not sure but I think the converse is true; it's the only ADW where NY residents can legally play.

The only states available in the drop down form on the application are NY and CT. The rewards (rebates) stink.

trigger
05-16-2007, 12:09 PM
According to the web site only NYers can bet via the NYRA internet wagering site.
Since NYRA is one of TVG's exclusive tracks, I'm not sure how they are able to offer Churchill/Magna.....must allowed in their deal with TVG.
I would think Churchill is happy about this as it provides ,at least for NYers, an ADW site where all the major tracks(the only one?) are available and, as such, should prove popular and should increase the Churchill handle (replacing some of the lost Youbet handle).
It should also put more pressure on Youbet since they don't have the combo of NYRA/Churchill/ MECA tracks anymore.

trigger
05-16-2007, 12:11 PM

That's interesting as it appears Youbet, based on their FAQ, takes NYer bets except for harness and Finger Lakes.

Tom
05-16-2007, 12:39 PM
xpressbet, BrisBet, YouBet all take NY wagers.
I think TVG does too.

OTM Al
05-16-2007, 02:34 PM
TVG does not.

samyn on the green
05-16-2007, 03:05 PM
I've been betting with the NYRA internet ADW platform since last week. Perfect timing since BRISBET is only showing pig races. Since it is a 2007 design it is one of the best internet platforms out there. Better design/track menu than BRISBET and no nickle and dime fees like YOUBET.

gIracing
05-16-2007, 04:04 PM
XPRESSBET NO LONGER TAKES NYRA TRACKS

samyn on the green
05-16-2007, 04:08 PM
NYRA rewards has the best track menu in the country and a small rebate.

Here is the SAT sked.

SATURDAY, MAY 19

Preakness
Pimlico 10:30 Philadelphia 12:25 Calder 12:25 Delaware 12:45 Suffolk 12:45 Monmouth 12:50 Woodbine 1:10 Finger Lakes 1:10 Churchill 1:15 Arlington 2:00 Louisiana 2:25 Lone Star 2:35 Golden Gate 4:05 Hollywood 4:20 Emerald 5:00 Prairie Meadows 5:15 Indiana Downs 6:55 Mountaineer 7:00 Charles Town 7:15 Evangeline 7:20

trigger
05-16-2007, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE=samyn on the green]NYRA rewards has the best track menu in the country and a small rebate.

/QUOTE]

Start spreading the news
I'm leaving today
I want to be a part of it, New York, New York
These vagabond shoes
Are longing to stray
And make a brand new start of it
New York, New York
I want to wake up in the city that never sleeps
To find I'm king of the hill, top of the heap
These little town blues
Are melting away
I'll make a brand new start of it
In old New York
If I can make it there
I'll make it anywhere
It's up to you, New York, New York.

BillW
05-16-2007, 05:22 PM
xpressbet, BrisBet, YouBet all take NY wagers.
I think TVG does too.

AmericaTAB got shut out too as of 5/3

andicap
05-16-2007, 05:41 PM
I might be wrong, but it doesn't appear NYRA is offering video like Bris, Xpressbet and You Bet do.

Or am I missing something on the site??

Tom
05-16-2007, 07:55 PM
AmericaTAB got shut out too as of 5/3

Shut out of what?

Tom
05-16-2007, 08:15 PM
What is the address of this site - BH might have bothered to post a link:mad:

And I see future plans include the ability to fund your account?????? Future plans? Uh, what do they do now?:lol:

wolsons
05-16-2007, 08:56 PM
https://wagering.nyra.com/welcome.aspx

Tom
05-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Thanks.

I don't see any mention of video anywhere.

"Oh man I need tv when I got t rex!"

BillW
05-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Shut out of what?
On Brisbet front page:

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING RACETRACK LINEUP

Effective May 3, online wagering will be unavailable for the following
currently active tracks:

Arlington Park**
Belmont Park
Calder Race Course**
Emerald Downs**
Evangeline Downs
Hollywood Park**
Los Alamitos
Meadowlands
Monmouth Park
Japan Racing

**Arlington, Calder, Emerald and Hollywood are available for phone
wagering EXCEPT in the following states: Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland,
Massachusetts, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Virginia, Washington and
Wyoming.

Tom
05-16-2007, 11:13 PM
Thanks Bill.
They cold just send me a letter saying we don't want
your business anymore.

What a bunch of clods.

Kelso
05-17-2007, 12:07 AM
Since NYRA is one of TVG's exclusive tracks, I'm not sure how they are able to offer Churchill/Magna.....must allowed in their deal with TVG.

<snip>

It should also put more pressure on Youbet since they don't have the combo of NYRA/Churchill/ MECA tracks anymore.

I think this gives YouBet some powerful antitrust ammunition against TrackNet. How can TN legally condition its signals on YouBet droping TVG while not requiring the same of NYRA?

trigger
05-17-2007, 12:53 AM
I think this gives YouBet some powerful antitrust ammunition against TrackNet. How can TN legally condition its signals on YouBet droping TVG while not requiring the same of NYRA?

Just guessing--Might be that contracts covering this situation already existed between CHDN and NYRA and Magna and NYRA that have not expired so TrackNet is not in the picture yet.

Kelso
05-17-2007, 01:24 AM
Just guessing--Might be that contracts covering this situation already existed between CHDN and NYRA and Magna and NYRA that have not expired so TrackNet is not in the picture yet.

Makes sense to me ... but I wonder if YouBet wouldn't then have a right to multi-signal providers (IOW, TrackNet would not be allowed to require exclusivity from YB) for as long as TVG's contracts hold in New York.

trigger
05-17-2007, 01:33 AM
I've been betting with the NYRA internet ADW platform since last week. Perfect timing since BRISBET is only showing pig races. Since it is a 2007 design it is one of the best internet platforms out there. Better design/track menu than BRISBET and no nickle and dime fees like YOUBET.

Samyn, do they show video of the races of the various tracks they carry? Trigger

samyn on the green
05-17-2007, 01:36 AM
Samyn, do they show video of the races of the various tracks they carry? TriggerNo they do not have live video over the net. For video you need TVG/HRTV or OTB channel to compliment NYRA rewards. Hopefully live video will be offered in the future.

To answer another question NYRA rewards does have free checking account deposits/withdrawls directly linked to your bank.

trigger
05-18-2007, 01:30 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/printedition/la-sp-hrtv18may18,1,3868096.story?coll=la-headlines-pe-sports&ctrack=1&cset=true
"Daruty points to a good-faith deal TrackNet made with the NYRA, which launched its own wagering website Wednesday.
Despite its exclusive contract with TVG, which expires at the end of the year, the NYRA asked for — and now has — CDI and Magna content. However, such proprietary content would be off-limits again should the NYRA renew its contract with TVG"

Kelso, This article states that Tracknet did, in fact, deal directly with the NYRA to include its content on NYRA's new internet non-video ADW .
Although its not real clear, the article appears to indicate that the "good faith" deal was based on the intention that the NYRA would end its exclusivity agreement with TVG when it expires at the end of this year.
Trigger

Kelso
05-18-2007, 11:17 PM
Despite its exclusive contract with TVG, which expires at the end of the year, the NYRA asked for — and now has — CDI and Magna content. However, such proprietary content would be off-limits again should the NYRA renew its contract with TVG"

Thanks again, Trigger. You nailed it on the TN-NYRA arrangement. I wonder what happens if YouBet asks for the same interim deal.