PDA

View Full Version : Post your Preakness winner here....

Hajck Hillstrom
05-16-2007, 01:04 AM
This is where you post your Preakness Stakes winner. One horse, on top, to win the second jewel of the Triple Crown.

I have advocated my admiration for CHELOKEE, but when he opts for the Barbaro Stakes, my Preakness Stakes selections defaults to......

HARD SPUN

Not an analysis, but merely, if a gun were stuck to your head, and your life depended on you giving the correct answer, what horse would you say?

Anything more than the name of the horse is overkill.

Let's see who can follow the thread, and who refuses.

Carry on, Carry on,

Hajck Hillstrom

kenwoodallpromos
05-16-2007, 01:45 AM
I agree Hard Spun can win it!

JPinMaryland
05-16-2007, 01:46 AM
KoRox.

depalma13
05-16-2007, 07:53 AM
Curlin

GaryG
05-16-2007, 08:26 AM
Hard Spun

tonto1944
05-16-2007, 08:30 AM
Curlin

He will be much closer to the pace. Not like the Derby.

OTM Al
05-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Street Sense

Ron
05-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Everyone is leaving Circular Quay for dead?

ghostyapper
05-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Curlin-Circular exacta

chickenhead
05-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Hard Spun

cnollfan
05-17-2007, 10:28 AM
-- Trainer John Pletcher ran five horses in the Derby, but is only running one of those five in the Preakness. The implication is that CQ is feeling good.

-- CQ had not run in 8 weeks prior to the Derby, and while I was willing to overlook that at the time, since it looked like most of the likely winners were going to break some sort of historical guideline, he may have needed the race and has more upside than the horses who had just run 3 or 4 weeks before the Derby.

-- He was on the outside all the way. Street Sense was on the rail all the way. Even if there was not a bias unnaturally favoring the rail, it was pretty clear from most of the races at Churchill that week that the rail was pretty good.

-- Along those same lines, Street Sense's two best races, by far, were hugging the rail at Churchill Downs. Every other race he has run is not nearly as good. Could be a horse for course (and rider for course -- Calvin's chances of sneaking through on the rail again are somewhat diminished having done it successfully just two weeks ago).

-- The Preakness looks like it will have a pretty fast pace favoring the closers. Hard Spun was the classy speed horse in the Derby and the other Derby front-runners were not very good and/or on the outside. The Preakness adds Flying First Class and Xchanger, two fast horses.

-- The Preakness is usually won by a Derby contestant, and only occasionally won by a new shooter. Last year Bernardini was a new shooter, but he was an unusually good horse for a horse that skipped the Derby, and Barbaro broke down.

-- The odds are attractive.

Bruddah
05-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Curlin

john del riccio
05-17-2007, 02:08 PM
CQ

joeyspicks
05-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Curlin,

I said he could win the T.C. (WRONG)

still believe he will win the next two races.

Curlin
Street Sense
Field

crownx
05-17-2007, 03:57 PM
King of the Roxy. that SA derby loss wasnt his fault.. SS/Curlin and Hard sunk will not fire as fresh... but the one run Cir Quid/// will be picking up a nice place check..

KOR
CQ
CP WEST

TOTAL shocker finish

Overlay
05-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Street Sense

Niko
05-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Street Sense by 6 1/4

NYPlayer
05-17-2007, 07:28 PM
----------------

Flying First Class

fmhealth
05-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Can't separate these three, Hard Spun, Curlin & Roxy. I'll be boxing them in the Per & Tri.

dylbert
05-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Street Sense by open lengths and Hard Spun and Curlin hit the wall... :bang: Circular Quay and new shooters fill out trifecta! :cool:

Maji
05-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Pimlico - 5/19/07

Race No. 12 - Horse No. 8-7-4
Play an Exacta Box.

My spreadsheet chose the same three horses as Kentucky Derby. I will keep my fingers crossed.

:)

grahors
05-18-2007, 07:30 AM
If he wins, I'll be "Flying first Class"

Cratos
05-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Curlin
I went with Curlin in the KY Derby and will continue to believe that he can get the job done, but only by the narrowest of margins over Street Sense.

BeatTheChalk
05-18-2007, 07:11 PM
So there it is. Hard Spun will not have an easy lead on the front end. SS
only has 13 horses to pass. What's not to like :ThmbUp:

ex21940
05-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Street Sense

banacek
05-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Curlin

sam i am
05-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Street sense

LARRY GEORGE
05-18-2007, 09:52 PM
i might have to go with "curlin" less horses might run up closer this time
who knows :confused:

HTRFGuy
05-18-2007, 11:27 PM
Best value on the card.

PaceAdvantage
05-18-2007, 11:54 PM
HARD SPUN

BeatTheChalk
05-19-2007, 12:25 AM
HARD SPUN

Well .. you dont have to get all verbose and conversational about it :lol: :jump: :D

PaceAdvantage
05-19-2007, 12:30 AM
On the contrary my good man, I did that very thing right here:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/Preakness_2007.htm

BeatTheChalk
05-19-2007, 12:55 AM
On the contrary my good man, I did that very thing right here:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/Preakness_2007.htm

I was cracking up when I typed my posting ... but after reading your
reply I am simply standing in the corner ... with dunce cap firmly in place :rolleyes:
I can't figure out what's going to happen ( and it wouldn't be the first
time ) So when I am stuck in this situation...and come to the fork
in the road .. I take it. :bang:
Good luck in the race !

098poi
05-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Street Sense

Although

If Curlin were to win impressively it would be great PR for horseracing. To be so lightly raced and beat the Derby winner.

Hajck Hillstrom
05-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Street Sense: 9
Curlin: 8
Hard Spun: 5
King of the Roxy: 3
Circular Quay: 3
Flying First Class: 2

Pretty easy to set the PaceAdvantage line.........

I'm getting better odds here on HARD SPUN than I will at the track.

Carry on, Carry on,

Hajck Hillstrom

46zilzal
05-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Hard Spun will have a heck of a time with other speedballs eyeing him....I would say there is a good chance he will crack.

Stevie Belmont
05-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Hard Spun oozes class and speed....tractable if need be with a hopeful stalk trip early....if he moves foward off the Derby it will be lights out. Even if he opts to take the fight to them he will be difficult, class will over come the other speed, and his ability to hold off a determined charge of Street Sense, Curlin and possibily Circulay Quay who rates and upset chance in this race if things break right with that big late kick of his.

I would hope he can relax a bit off the leaders who ever that might be, and there are at least one or two who could fit that role in here. 3-1 on Hard Spun or in the hood is more than enough to get one to go to the windows. Will cover others in picks bets. Hard Spun is my top pick again to get it done in The Preakness in the win spot. I've liked this horse for a long time, and there is no reason not to think he will not fire another A race.

Greyfox
05-19-2007, 02:03 PM
if he moves foward off the Derby it will be lights out. .

The operative word is if.
My $ says that ain't gonna happen.
(If the Queen had "balls", she'd be the .....):lol:

samyn on the green
05-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Going to key Hard Spun as the track gets wetter and wetter. They are going to have to come get him. Shouldn't have to go 22 and change with 3 horses pressing him. The easier pace leaves more in the tank.

W #7
EX 7/3,4,8,9

Tom
05-19-2007, 06:04 PM
#2 Xchanger
#8 Street Sense
#7 Hard Spun
#4 Curlin

banacek
05-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Curlin
I went with Curlin in the KY Derby and will continue to believe that he can get the job done, but only by the narrowest of margins over Street Sense.

Well, I picked Curlin too (earlier in this thread), but not as precisely as Cratos did!

Maji
05-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Pimlico - 5/19/07

Race No. 12 - Horse No. 8-7-4
Play an Exacta Box.

My spreadsheet chose the same three horses as Kentucky Derby. I will keep my fingers crossed.

:)

An example of an efficient market. Now that everyone has seen those boys run together in the KY Derby, the market has became more efficient. The same box in the KY Derby returned $100+ while the pickings were very meagre today. Still better to be in the black :)

Maji
05-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Curlin

Great Job... Congratulations. Hope you made some good dineros to go out for dinner. :)

Cratos
05-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Great Job... Congratulations. Hope you made some good dineros to go out for dinner. :)

Thanks to you and “Banacek” for the kind words and after watching Curlin’s Arkansas Derby move at the 8th pole I felt that it was one of the best moves that I had seen from a young horse of that caliber in a long time and from that I was led to believe that Curlin had enough natural speed to negotiate a lively pace and in the Preakness with its fast pace, Curlin ran the race that I thought he should’ve run in the Derby.

Street Sense on the other hand is just a very consistent horse and somewhere on this site someone compared him in style (not ability) to the great Forego and I believe that was a fair assessment.

However the horse to watch if he runs in the Belmont is Chelokee. This horse is a long striding well-bred animal and his win in the Bararo Stakes told me that he was coming into his own and should be more of a player in this year’s 3yo class.

bigmack
05-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Those with Curlin on top:
Depalma13
Tonto1944
Ghostyapper
Bruddah
Joeyspicks
Cratos
Banacek

ghostyapper
05-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Wow congrats to Cratos not only picking the winner but the exact and margin of victory.

Street sense and curlin are both fantastic horses but I think curlin will turn out to be the better of the two. I don't expect to see street sense for the belmont but if curlin goes (and fatigue does not factor in) I think with the distance and type of turns at belmont, he will be very tough to beat.

RXB
05-20-2007, 01:33 AM
Thanks to you and “Banacek” for the kind words and after watching Curlin’s Arkansas Derby move at the 8th pole I felt that it was one of the best moves that I had seen from a young horse of that caliber in a long time and from that I was led to believe that Curlin had enough natural speed to negotiate a lively pace and in the Preakness with its fast pace, Curlin ran the race that I thought he should’ve run in the Derby.

Street Sense on the other hand is just a very consistent horse and somewhere on this site someone compared him in style (not ability) to the great Forego and I believe that was a fair assessment.

However the horse to watch if he runs in the Belmont is Chelokee. This horse is a long striding well-bred animal and his win in the Bararo Stakes told me that he was coming into his own and should be more of a player in this year’s 3yo class.

Nice call on the Preakness.

Chelokee's breeding, top and bottom, screams "sprinter-miler" so I doubt that he will want 12f.

Hajck Hillstrom
05-21-2007, 10:25 AM
Chelokee's breeding, top and bottom, screams "sprinter-miler" so I doubt that he will want 12f.I have to agree. I thought all along if he competed in the TriCrown races that the Belmont might prove to be his Achilles heal.

I know it won't happen, but I would like to see RAGS TO RICHES entered in the third jewel. It would certainly add some luster to the event.

Carry on, Carry on,