PDA

View Full Version : Company Info needed

highnote
05-15-2007, 01:32 AM
http://www.nlayer.net/

Anyone know anything about this company.

My ZoneAlarm firewall software said one of my programs had tried to access an address belonging to them.

Why would software I wrote connect to them?

Also, when you are looking at their website, ask yourself if you have ever seen a more impersonal company. I could not find the name of any person who works for that company.

BillW
05-15-2007, 01:41 AM
They are an internet services provider - you are trying to connect to one of their clients. :)

highnote
05-15-2007, 01:50 AM
Thanks, Bill.

I shut down all my software programs and restarted them again, but this time their address did not show up.

What does that mean?

BillW
05-15-2007, 01:54 AM
Just a SWAG - some spyware maybe? - did you do a scan? I'm not familiar with zonealarm - can it point you to the source on your computer? Maybe wait for Ralph to show up - he's the master :cool:

highnote
05-15-2007, 02:33 AM
I did a virus scan and an ad-aware scan. It's possible they could have missed something, though.

Maybe Ralph can shed some light on this. THANKS!

JustRalph
05-15-2007, 04:06 AM
probably something on a web page you went to was hosted on one of their servers. No big deal unless it starts popping up all the time.

Spyware is possible..........but not probable. Unless one of their users is up to something. If so, they will find out soon enough. Probably a script or image on a page pointed you out there.........don't worry unless it continues to happen.

highnote
05-15-2007, 04:16 AM
Thanks, Ralph.