PDA

View Full Version : DRF Simulcast weekly

silverbulletday
05-14-2007, 10:31 PM
i was thinking of subscribing. Do any of you guys subscribe and if so what are your takes on it? I was spending a boat load on ink printing chart's trying to isolate key races and this seems a better way of doing it.

cj
05-15-2007, 12:26 AM
I think Simulcast Daily, the online version, is the much better option.

andicap
05-15-2007, 01:17 AM
Why? He would still have to print out the charts.
If looking at the charts on the screen through Simulcast Daily was an option, why did he bother printing them out in the first place with his other source?

That's why I don't get Simulcast Daily. I hate the delay but I can get acceptable charts from HDW right away and the meaty stuff on paper the following week.
I hate being tethered to the computer when doing research which is why I buy the Weekly where the charts are much better than the HDW/Equibase quickies.

cj
05-15-2007, 01:30 AM
I guess if he wants to print them that makes sense.

I'm a computer guy. I wouldn't do research without one, but that is just me.

Tom
05-15-2007, 07:42 AM
Depending on your preferences, on line offers so much more - All tracks, all charts, on year back, winner's books for all tracks for a year back, Beyer pars for all tracks, etc, etc.

andicap
05-15-2007, 09:09 AM
I've thought about ditching the print version of favor of online, mostly because of the ability to call up charts so easily. But having the charts in front of me without needing a computer is still compelling.

Tom
05-15-2007, 10:13 AM
Andy - if you have the print version, don't you have access to the on-line as well? I had the proint to start, and they gave me access when on line became available. No charge.

Note to Ron:

See? I do like SOME things!:lol:

Pgh. Gere
05-15-2007, 09:42 PM
Tom- Yes. I subrscribe to it and also have access to the on line version. Which is nice to get the winners book etc up to the minute.

Silver- I'd vote for yes. occassionally the delivery time is a bit slow, you may want to consider paying the extra $$ for the expedited mailing, but I chose to subscribe cause I was burning through to much toner with the printer.

andicap
05-16-2007, 09:43 AM
Andy - if you have the print version, don't you have access to the on-line as well? I had the proint to start, and they gave me access when on line became available. No charge.

Note to Ron:

See? I do like SOME things!:lol:

I don't suscribe because the first class delivery is too expensive and the 2nd class is way too slow. My local store has it.

DrugSalvastore
05-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Andicap is right---the 2nd class is brutally slow....and it's more expensive than cover if you have them sent by express.

I have every single issue from the very first one (Perfect Sting is on the cover) through Saratoga 2006.

cj
05-20-2007, 05:13 AM
Delivery stinks. When I lived in Oklahoma, I used to drive 20 minutes to the other side of the city to get it each Friday rather than wait for it in the mail. Same thing in Maryland, and there it was like 30 minutes to Laurel.

andicap
05-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Andicap is right---the 2nd class is brutally slow....and it's more expensive than cover if you have them sent by express.

I have every single issue from the very first one (Perfect Sting is on the cover) through Saratoga 2006.

Huh? He's back from the dead -- and ready to party!

You been hibernating waiting for the Saratoga months, DrugS?

thelyingthief
06-13-2007, 11:37 PM
you can edit pdf files using adobe pro, and do everything on screen you do on paper.

why waste ink, mailing, etc, etc, when the alternative is just as effective?

PhantomOnTour
09-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Sorry to revive such an old thread but I was looking into a purchase of Simo Daily/Weekly and the pricing is out of line...

$99 for 6mths
$199 for a year

Hey, if you buy in bulk it's more expensive! Brilliant....guess I'll buy a 6mth and then another 6mth instead of 1yr....anything to save a buck, literally.

Tom
09-03-2010, 12:35 PM
Duh. Good old DRF.......:lol:

pandy
09-03-2010, 02:41 PM
If you subscribe to the print version, you get both, print version mailed by 2nd class mail and access to the online version.

WJ47
09-09-2010, 10:26 PM
I love both versions. The online version provides up-to-date information, but I like to grab a print copy to read while I'm at class or in the car. I have a two hour break at school between classes so I enjoy having a print edition in my backpack. I don't like to lug a laptop to school and I go to University at Buffalo so you never know when a freak snowstorm is going to cause you to get stranded. If I'm bored or stuck in a snowpile, I'd might as well look over some charts to look for possible horses to add to my watchlist. My printer uses relatively expensive ink so I appreciate not having to print out all of the charts.

If you pay for the print edition, all you have to do is email DRF customer service and they'll set you up for the online access at no extra charge.