PDA

View Full Version : Tonight on HBO: Real Sports on Racing and Drugs

JustRalph
05-14-2007, 04:44 PM
http://www.hbo.com/realsports/img/stories/episode_guide_image_506x170.jpg

10 p.m Tonight 5-14-07

Faster Horses

The proliferation of performance-enhancing drug use has been a front-page story recently in pro baseball and football, but many don't realize that the urge to break the rules to increase the chance of victory has become an issue in other sports. REAL SPORTS correspondent Jon Frankel investigates the spread of performance-enhancing drugs in big-money horse racing.

here is the schedule:

http://www.hbo.com/apps/schedule/ScheduleServlet?CHANNEL=All+Channels&ACTION_SEARCH=SEARCH&KEY=TITLE&VALUE=real%20sports

PaceAdvantage
05-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the heads up....Real Sports seems to cover horses/racing more than I would expect...someone must be a fan....

kingfin66
05-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up....Real Sports seems to cover horses/racing more than I would expect...someone must be a fan....

I suppose that Joe Frankel could be related to that other Frankel. Anbody know?

JustRalph
05-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Jon Frankel, formerly a national news correspondent for CBS' The Early Show, joined the award winning cast of Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel in the spring of 2006 as a reporter. Frankel's experience in hard news and sports television make him a perfect fit for the show's intelligent and unique look at athletics and the surrounding issues that affect the games and its athletes.

Prior to his work at CBS, Frankel served as a general assignment reporter for ABC News between the years 1998-1999. His time at the network was split between reports for "World News Tonight," "Nightline," "Good Morning America," and as a substitute anchor for "World News Now."

Jon also worked for NBC as a correspondent for the "Today" show between 1995-1997. He also served as a sports anchor for WNBC-TV New York, WPLG-TV Miami, and WPEC-TV West Palm Beach.

Frankel spent one year as a producer and editor for NFL Films (1987-1988) and became friends with another HBO broadcaster, Bob Costas, as an associate producer for Costas' nationally syndicated radio talk show, "Costas Coast to Coast."

Frankel attended Syracuse University where he graduated with a degree in broadcast journalism and political science. The sportscaster remains active competing in marathons, triathlons, and Ironman competitions. He currently lives in Manhattan with his wife and two children.

kingfin66
05-14-2007, 11:07 PM
So you're saying you think they are related? :D

bigmack
05-16-2007, 12:09 PM
From the show I learned it was a result of his detractors that brought about the 20+ positives that have been found from the barn of Little Stevie Asmussen. :rolleyes:

While I applaud Gumble's Really Big Shoe for doing stories of the industry they really haven't a clue what they're talking about.

speedking
05-16-2007, 06:32 PM
So you're saying you think they are related? :D

Does Jon Frankel also have an ego as big as California? :lol:

speedking

speedking
05-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Does Jon Frankel also have an ego as big as California? :lol:

speedking

Please ignore that redundant post. I forgot that it was Gumbel's show. Everyone else has to check their ego at the door with him :D

speedking