View Full Version : pie publishing

sligg
12-02-2002, 06:59 AM
Here are the results for the month of November:

Betting all the diamond plays only:

226 bets, 87 won, 38.5%, 4.9% ROI

6f races only:

66 bets, 31 won, 47%, 77.5% ROI

Excellent win record at todays distance (D)
This subset had a better return in the place slot.

27 bets, 22 place, 81.5%, 37.2% ROI. Longest losing streak-one, longest place streak-eleven. Parlays may be the way to bet.

If top trainer is indicated all distances

47 bets, 23 won, 49%, 30% ROI

He lists other plus factors but the ones I show were the most profitable. It appears that 6f races are the way to go and I can further tweak these numbers by eliminating short odds bets.

I did not renew my subscription until I digest these results and get comments from the PA members. Remember these selections are cold with no judgement required which would be a joy not to have to handicap with all the subjectivity that's involved. If these numbers ever held up it would put the fun back into this tough game and make some serious money.

If anyone wants further information (even you Dick Schmidt), my email is sligg@hotmail.com or post on the boards.

JimG
12-02-2002, 10:36 AM
Sal,

Looks like it was a good month. I'm not much for touts but can't ignore the numbers. Just remember the sample size is small and one month is not necessarily indicative of future short or long term performance. Good luck.

Jim

andicap
12-02-2002, 10:57 AM
What's interesting there for me is that those inclusion criteria could work on any number of angles, methods, etc.
For example, my method is excellent at getting down to 4 contenders. If I then chose the ones who have trainers with decent records or a strong angle (good ROI with layoffs), or have excellent records at today's distance or track, I wonder how I would do. (then take a page out of Rick's book and not bet ML favorites.)