PDA

View Full Version : How does Stonewood not even get a gate review?

the_fat_man
05-12-2007, 06:26 PM
This is a bigtime joke :lol:

Stonewood comes in severely at the break and IMPEDES a few to his inside, INCLUDING the 3rd place horse.

No stewards INQUIRY?

Guess the only way you're going down in NY is if you move over a half path in the lane.

Screw the NYRA employee DRUG TESTS, time for IQ testing.

john del riccio
05-13-2007, 06:58 AM

Stonewood comes in severely at the break and IMPEDES a few to his inside, INCLUDING the 3rd place horse.

No stewards INQUIRY?

Guess the only way you're going down in NY is if you move over a half path in the lane.

Check the connections.....

John

jotb
05-13-2007, 10:04 AM

No stewards INQUIRY?

Hello Fat:

Have to agree with you here. I just watched the head-on and he did break in at the start knocking into the 5. The funny thing is, the result charts don't say anything about Stonewood at the start but they did managed to see the 6 horse broke in the air and the 3 and 4 both steadied at the start. If the result chart guy saw this, then who caused all this to begin with. I'm surprised the 5 and I think it was Castellano didn't claim foul. Maybe it wasn't as bad as we saw it...LOL

Joe

john del riccio
05-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Hello Fat:

Have to agree with you here. I just watched the head-on and he did break in at the start knocking into the 5. The funny thing is, the result charts don't say anything about Stonewood at the start but they did managed to see the 6 horse broke in the air and the 3 and 4 both steadied at the start. If the result chart guy saw this, then who caused all this to begin with. I'm surprised the 5 and I think it was Castellano didn't claim foul. Maybe it wasn't as bad as we saw it...LOL

Joe

joe,

i learned years ago that the result charts are only about 50% accurate. sad but true, this is why watching races for yourself provides an edge over those that just use charts.

john

the_fat_man
05-13-2007, 12:34 PM
Hello Fat:

Joe

I find the whole thing puzzling. The 7 comes in, while the 6 breaks slow and out, so the 6 wasn't bothered. The 5 has the check as does the 4 and the 3 (going by memory). So, the 1 is not affected.

The 7 has his clear lead and the 1 settles chasing. Now, the 5, got the worst of it. Rather than settling just behind the pacesetters, 4 or 5 lengths off, he's at the end of the pack. And, of course, he finishes best of all on the rail and misses by 3 3/4. Why in the world doesn't Castellano claim? He was definitely impeded. His progress was stopped.

jotb
05-13-2007, 01:48 PM
I find the whole thing puzzling. The 7 comes in, while the 6 breaks slow and out, so the 6 wasn't bothered. The 5 has the check as does the 4 and the 3 (going by memory). So, the 1 is not affected.

The 7 has his clear lead and the 1 settles chasing. Now, the 5, got the worst of it. Rather than settling just behind the pacesetters, 4 or 5 lengths off, he's at the end of the pack. And, of course, he finishes best of all on the rail and misses by 3 3/4. Why in the world doesn't Castellano claim? He was definitely impeded. His progress was stopped.

Hello Fat:

Why don't you try calling the stewards and I'm not kidding? You are the betting public and you deserve some type of answer why they missed that break. The whole idea of taking a horse down is because it effects the outcome of a race and in this situation it does play a role. You have nothing to lose by calling. They can't tell you they missed it but the only thing they will probably tell you is that it would not have effected the result. I believe like you the 1 horse would have been closer but do you think he was good enought to win that race. I know where I am the stewards always look out for the racing public. Many gate infractions are overlooked many times more often than you can imagine. The pan shot from the gate is useless and I know plenty of the public does not go back to watch the head on which is the view everyone should be interested in. What excuse do these stewards have? You as a bettor have to hope you are on the right side of the coin but you know happens when it happens to you. All of a sudden stewards see everything and jocks are lodging the objection and before you know it you ripping tickets. Strange game at times.

Joe