PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Race 3 from Golden Gate?

alysheba88
05-12-2007, 06:07 PM
In 20 years never lost like that. Had cold 2-1.

2 was close to 10 lenghts in front and broke down near the end of the race. 1 wins.

Hope 2 is okay

the_fat_man
05-12-2007, 06:30 PM
I feel for you, bro.

And it's really ironic cause it's that HUMEAN thing rearing its ugly head. Hume so be the OFFICIAL horse player philosopher.

The turkey is probably thinking the thing upon coming out for the 365th day to get fed by the farmer, and it turns out to be Thanksgiving.

Who'd had expected that?

freehouse2002
05-13-2007, 03:03 AM
I was all over that one as well. It's happened to me once before I believe, but it still stings, especially because he was sooooo far in front. Just another one of those things. Very unpredictable!

freehouse2002

Tom
05-13-2007, 12:14 PM
I had a horse - Snoopy Knoop, at FL, 20 in front at least in a 2+ mile race, and still drawing clear with every stride.
The Jock - McKeever - stood up and waved to the crown in the shadow of the wire......and fell off!

I was screaming - GET BACK ON! GET BACK ON! YOU GOT TIME! YOU GOT TIME! :bang:

Just before he did this, I said to the guys I was sitting with, "Easiest money I ever made!" :(

BlueShoe
05-13-2007, 07:30 PM
This little event cost me 180 bucks.The rolling doubles are not a bet I make often,and even rarer do I hook up two favorites.However,the 2nd race winner looked like a total class standout and my selection in the 3rd a pace standout.The double with those two was paying $18 for 2,$180 for my 20.The DRF chart had the filly ten on top at the stretch call before she broke down and had to be vanned off.The real hard luck had to go to the person that put up 10 g's to claim:she was claimed out of the race.Odd thing was that this filly showed no sign of unsoundness.She did not race in fronts,had worked twice since her last race and was not making a drastic plunge in class;in her last she had raced way over her head and coming back where she belonged.While all of us have had runners break down in a race,cannot recall a breakdown while so far in front and on the way to a seemingly easy win.No matter how many different ways there are to lose,a new way pops up no matter how long we have been playing this game.We could easily start a new thread about what was the most unusual way that you have ever lost a bet,and likely would get many responses.

JustRalph
05-14-2007, 02:52 AM
I had four break down in one day.

I had one ten in front in a maiden race and somebody left a gate open at the top of the stretch and she went for the gate into the parking lot.

Russel Baze jumped off as she went thru the gate..............