PDA

View Full Version : TBI/SnapCapper

ratpack
12-01-2002, 08:21 PM
Anyone know anything about a new program from Tom Console where he combines TBI with SnapCapper and adds a model?

TomC
12-04-2002, 12:39 AM
Hello:
I can best answer this one for you. I am still working on "Ultimate Racetrack Investor". It has been a long project and the more I see it, the more ideas I get, the longer it takes.
The program will have everything from TBI (Thoroughbred Investor) and everything from SnapCap Pro, along with a few new categories. Along with this, I am having a very detailed model added so the user will be able to look at tons of things. Things such as corellations of factors combined, be able to break down by any distance, class, surface, morning line, post time odds, days away, sex, age, etc. Also look at the top 1,2,3,4 or 5 in each category. To much to go into now.
I am very happy with the way it is going. However by the time I get it to the point of feeling very confident all the calculations are correct, all bugs are out, and a manual written, I would estimate the Spring as a release date.
The main purpose of this was for me to have a program that has everything in it that I wanted. One that I can use myself for many years to come, and of course make money with, all contained in one program. I will offer it to those interested, but I will not be doing a major advertising campain. It will only be available from myself. Again, the main reason for this was to have my "ultimate" handicapping program, not to market. However, those that enjoyed my past programs and want it will be offered an opportunity to purchase.
Thanks,
TomC

Speed Figure
12-05-2002, 01:56 AM
How much do you think this program will cost?

Speed Figure
12-05-2002, 04:15 AM
Tom,
Do you have a website that shows your program or do you know of a website other than "RPM" that sells your program.I would like to see some screen shots showing some of the different things that the program does.:D

nucsub
12-05-2002, 05:16 PM
Just a note from one who knows....

Tom's has everything from soup to nuts...in this project.
I know... since I am the programmer. The "detailed model" that Tom is referring to is the heart of this project. Especially the correlations among factors. Seeing which factors alone, combined, etc. provide the best ROI. Run it against any track, any meet, with any distance, surface, etc.

It's funny....I have my own program that I am very committed too and yet why would I give Tom's program a plug? I think it speaks to those that would say ..."Why if you're a good handicapper and your program is so good, why provide it too the public. Why not just use your own program, keep it quite and just make a killing"? Well, for me its the challenge and the creativity associated with a project of this magnitude. Do you make some extra money? Sure, but believe me the time invested is a far cry from whay you ultimately make.

Anyway, Tom's a great Handicapper and it's been a pleasure working on this project. Once it's ready and Tom makes it available to the public, it will stand out among the best ...right next to my program...lol

www.jzambuto.com

TomC
12-05-2002, 10:56 PM
Joe:
Thank you for the kind words! And I must tell everyone out there, they cannot find a better person to work with if they are looking to have a program made....thats if I dont drive you nuts first. But it had been great fun working on this, and seeing it grow and grow and grow! We will be done soon I am sure, then its "off to the races".
TomC

Speed Figure
12-06-2002, 12:31 AM
TomC:
Thanks for letting me and others know where we could see some screen shots of your program.
:rolleyes:

The next time i want to spend over a $1000 bucks to have a program made i will give joe a call.

Thank God for "handle".

TomC
12-06-2002, 09:49 AM
Speed figure:
Its attitudes like yours that make me definatly decide NOT to sell the program. I have told this to others and I will say it again. This program was made for ME. It is a program that I wanted for MYSELF. (Its all about you Raymond) I know that sounds sarcastic, but some people just know how to bring out that side of me.
A few people have found out that I am working on it. I will offer it to anyone that really wants a copy. I will not be selling it through RPM, or any other advertising means. Again, the main purpose is so I will have the program that I alweays dreamed of.
SO you thank me in your arrogant tone for letting you see screen shots. The program isnt even done. If I were building a bridge, would you like to take a nice drive across it before all the rivets were fastened?
Give me a break. You already are whining about spending money on it, and even I have not nailed down a price.
TomC

andicap
12-06-2002, 09:50 AM
I want to second the praise for "Handle." Nathan is the best.

He spent a good number of hours giving me a special version of his Equisim programming just for my needs and didn't charge me anythiing extra. He was always willing to answer questions and help.
Equisim is the best program out there, not only for the price, but what it does and the person who stands behind it.

jackad
12-06-2002, 11:02 AM
Tom,
Please put me on the list of people you will inform when your new program is ready. Thanks.
Jack

Speed Figure
12-06-2002, 01:53 PM
Tom,
Take your program and MAKE LOVE TO IT.

I was talking about the program that's out now.the one with the 2 page ad in RPM.The one that says "WE GUARANTEE YOU WILL CASH MORE EXOTIC WAGERS WITH SNAP CAPPER SE"

I'll side with Andicap EquiSim is by far "THE BEST PROGRAM OUT"

It would have been cool if you had said "I have no website to show screen shots of the program".I'm sure other's on here would like to see some of the features the program has.

TomC
12-06-2002, 08:41 PM
Speed Fig:
I do love my program, but I REALLY LOVE the profits it makes me! Someday if I have time, I will explain to you what its like to actually make big money at the races.
If you already have THE BEST, why do you need screen shots? hmmm
TomC

Speed Figure
12-06-2002, 09:44 PM
Any time you want to post picks on this site let me know.I bet my own program that needs nothing but the Form will pick more winners than yours let me know when your ready!:mad:

TomC
12-06-2002, 09:46 PM
What a ploy to get some winners out of me.

Speed Figure
12-06-2002, 09:56 PM
Your all talk!

jackad
12-06-2002, 09:57 PM
TomC.
When you speak pf the profits you make with your program, are you referring to Snapcapper or the new program under development?
Jack

TomC
12-06-2002, 10:37 PM
Jackad:
In all seriousness, I do make profits using my new program. Before that I used Snap Cap. But everything in SnapCap is in my new one, as well as everything from TBI. So I only need the one. Like I said, it is not completed and ready to sell, but it has enough for myself to profit from. I know what is strong and what is not. And I can spot horses that will win most of the time. I am not saying that everyone that uses my programs will win. I never have. I am selective and patient. I use startegies that are geared to 10-1 and up horses. I know I will lose 90% of the time, but when I win, I am on $40, $50...even $100 horses. But you must wait it out and have a plan. When I play low prices, I want to see everything looking good on the numbers, along with recency, trainer, and more. I may not have a play all day. Others could not do that. They would play longshots, lose 5 in a row then start playing low prices that really are not worthy of a bet. So the key is to treat it like a business and wait for the right spots. I am sure this is true with 90% of the programs out there. Most people call them junk because they never really learned how to use them.
I got started in racing in the 80's. I bought everything that ever came along. I still do buy a lot of stuff....computer programs, systems, etc. You can never know too much. But I studied, and learned from each one. Even today, I may buy a method that is junk, but you can always pick up a pointer that can be applied to your own handicpping. Anyway, the first programs I bought were the Sartin software programs. Most people bash Sartin to no end. I made a living for 4 years using it when I moved to Vegas in the early 90's. I picked my pacelines, and entered the info into ENERGY! In fact, I used the Winning at The Track softare to get contenders, then put only the conteneders into Energy. And it was all manual input...whew what a chore. That is when I decided to come up with my own way of choosing contenders...True Tenders. From there I started on my own stuff, and continued on to where I am today. I moved to Reno, and lived in the racebooks, until phone betting finally came along. Racebooks are not a healthy lifestyle!
A lot of people in this game seem very bitter. They like nothing better than to bash people. I love having fun with them as it really seems to get them going. But have you ever heard anything from me other than compliments on other peoples work? I dont know why so many people must look at the negative side than the positive. Why cant they find the good in a method rather than the bad? Comments like "If your so good, why do you sell it"? Why?...well yes, who doent like extra cash? And second, which many would not belive, its a real thrill for me to open a letter or e-mail, and read about the money someone made using my program or methods. Some I think are making more tham I do! Kinda makes me want to learn their secrets they found in my own program! But I am happy for them. I dont say "If you are really doing that good, post your picks!"
Anyway, I rambled enough. The original question was what do I use to make money with, and in a round about way its above. If you have my older programs, you can make money. You just need to watch it an see where it is strong at your track. Snap 3 had some huge pays!
TomC

PaceAdvantage
12-07-2002, 12:31 PM
SpeedFig and TomC, you've both said your peace. Move on.....we know where you both stand on your opinions of each other....

==PA

JDL
12-08-2002, 10:26 AM
Tom C.
I read some of the earlier post and wanted thank you for fine products.I've been using them since their beginning. I started out with TBI, upgraded to TBI 2, and purchased Snap Capper Pro for curiosity. I also use both TBI2 and SnapCapper simulatneously on races. I wouldn't think of playing a track without the TBI2 printout. SnapCapper win plays are always worth watching at certain tracks. Have you been tracking the profitability at tracks? If so, I would appreciate some info.

Yesterday 11/7 TBI2 had several nice longshot plays:

1. Turfaway - Race 3 , Longshot model picks 9 and 10. 9 wins and pays $79 and 10 runs second for $1388 exacta.
2. Turfway- Race 9, Longshot model picks 5 and it wins paying $21.40.
3. Aqueduct - Race 5, Longshot model picks #2, #2 wins and pays $32.20

Your new product sounds intersting. I would love to see the analysis factors and autobets showup simultaneously on the screen or printout. Also, the analysis (TBI2) has a delay for the calculations. Could the new product be designed so that all factors are analyzed and stored for quick retrieval. Every couple of days or each week you could re-analyze depending on your amount of play.
Sign me up for your new product, let me know if you need a beta tester, and anytime you develop an interest in being a mentor for
someone let me know.
Regard
JDL

TomC
12-08-2002, 10:38 AM
JDL,
Thanks for the post. I dont play Turfway..maybe I should! I did do real good at AQU yesterday though. I had a few of the pick 3's that were connected to the $32 winner.
I will ask Joe (programmer) about what you wrote and see what he says. I am not sure about the technical part, but I agree with what you are saying. I just need to see how possible it is. If anyone can do it, Joe Zambuto can!
I hope you had some of those prices!
Thanks,
TomC

nucsub
12-08-2002, 11:01 AM
I was at Dover downs simulcasting (my wife and daughter were shopping). I used my Pace Analysis and hit it. Unforturnately, I only had $10 win $10 show.

www.jzambuto.com

jackad
12-08-2002, 12:12 PM
TomC,
I have your TBI program. Where do I go to get the upgrade?
Thanks.
Jack

TomC
12-08-2002, 01:09 PM
Jackad:
There is no upgrade to TBI. The program that started all these posts is the new one I am having made. It will have everything from TBI, plus everything from SnapCap Pro, pus new items. As well, a very thorough model feature which will have a zillion options to find your best plays.
It is still in the works, and new ideas keep being added which causes more delays. I will put a post when it is done if anyone is interested.
Thanks,
TomC

Richard
12-09-2002, 07:00 AM
Tom'
I know in the Snapcapper printout you can read the morning line odds.Will the new version also printout its own odds line for each race? It would be quite interesting if it did.

TomC
12-09-2002, 09:07 AM
I never have figured out how to create a true odds line for all horses. Sure, you can make one based on the point spreads and all. But each race is different. And each track is different. The model may show that playing a certain play at track A makes a good profit. But when you use it at Track B, it does not. So an odds line may say this horse is a good bet at 4-1. At some tracks it may be right, at others maybe not. I let the model tell me the real answer as to what the good plays are.

Rferguson
12-09-2002, 08:22 PM
How do you contact Tom C. I tried Email a sent a message no reply is there a web site ?

Speed Figure
12-09-2002, 09:04 PM
Don't ask any questions about having a website.:p

trying2win
12-09-2002, 09:13 PM
To R. Ferguson

You would think that since Tom Console has an e-mail tab at the bottom of his posts, that he would eventually answer them. Maybe he was busy. Possibly he'll answer later.

If you don't get a reply within a reasonable time, try another angle. Tom C. sells some of his products in the catalogue at the RPM Information Systems website at www.handicappingedge.com. If you go to their homepage and look near the bottom, an e-mail link for owner Dave Powers is there. You might ask Dave if he knows what Tom C.'s e-mail address is.

TomC
12-09-2002, 10:10 PM
I answer my e-mail always within 12 hours unless I am out of town. I never set up any e-mail link on here. Maybe its not coming to me? Not sure. If I didnt answer any in the past week or so, I didnt get them. My e-mail is:

TConsole@aol.com

Thanks,
Tom

PaceAdvantage
12-09-2002, 10:23 PM
Tom,

If you chose to receive e-mails from fellow board members when you signed up for the board, then an e-mail tab will appear under any post you write. This way, board members can e-mail you.

The beauty part of this is that the e-mail is handled directly by the message board software -- thus nobody will know anyone else's e-mail address, and this cuts down on spam....

==PA

TomC
12-09-2002, 11:12 PM
PA
Thanks. I checked my profile and it is in there correctly. So I dont know why I would not get anyones e-mail. Like I said, unless I am out of town, I always answer within 12 hours or so. Sometimes instantly if I am logged on (watching the races on You-Bet!)
TomC

canuck
12-16-2002, 04:54 PM
Tom C--

Did you use to post on the now defunct Yahoo board?

GR1@HTR
12-16-2002, 05:19 PM
ITS ALIVE!!!

Canuck, welcome back!

TomC
12-16-2002, 10:59 PM
No, I dont think I ever posted anything on any message boards other than this.
TomC

canuck
12-17-2002, 05:14 PM
Hey Glen--I am indeed alive and well and looking forward to posting some hosses when I go on holidays next week....

Coulda swore Tom Console used to post on HPU as Gramps or some other reprobate!!!

Tom
12-17-2002, 06:16 PM
Welcome home.
Missed your posts.

TomC
12-17-2002, 08:50 PM
I did just hit 40, but I dont think that qualifies me as "Gramps". If I ever use a message board, I use my real name. Never was much for "handles". Same like my e-mail.
TomC
TConsole@aol.com

smf
12-17-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by canuck
Hey Glen--I am indeed alive and well and looking forward to posting some hosses when I go on holidays next week....

Coulda swore Tom Console used to post on HPU as Gramps or some other reprobate!!!

Welcome back Canuckster..., it's smack time for you Yahooters....

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/glove/

His message board link is on the lower right side of the page. Enjoy.

Jaguar
12-17-2002, 11:27 PM
TomC, delighted to hear about your new program, good luck with it and let us know when it's ready to ship.

All the best,

Jaguar

GR1@HTR
12-18-2002, 11:21 AM
Canuck, don't tell me this is what happens after marrage-->Only get to cap and post once a year?

Oh Nelly, think I'm sticking w/ the dog... All those freaks that get busted having sex w/ goats and all that have one thing in common...They ain't got a dog at home to give them love...

Richard
12-23-2002, 06:52 AM
TomC,
Ditto the Jaguar.Be sure and let us know if and when your new is ready.
Richard

TomC
12-23-2002, 09:48 AM
Richard:
Will do, and thanks.
Happy Holidays to all!
TomC

midnight
01-11-2003, 04:36 AM
"Tom Console": Every program, method, and system you've put out is documented pure garbage. If you aren't Clint Tracy, you eat off the same table. On top of that, you're arrogant, pompous, and immature. It's impossible for anybody to hold an intelligent conversation with you unless those who wish to do so kiss up to you. If you're a good handicapper, you certainly haven't ever shared any of that skill with the public in any of your offerings.

You try to talk a good game, mister ("try" is the operative word), but you can't produce the goods when called on. So keep the program that you didn't write for yourself, because if anybody here is stupid enough to purchase anything that's sold by RPM with the idea of making money, especially after my post in the System 17 thread about why System 17 can't be what it claims to be, then they deserve to be parted with their money.

To the mods: sorry, but these idiots from RPM tick me off.

TomC
01-11-2003, 09:50 AM
Sorry...what did you say? I was on the WINNERS line....a place that is only a dreamland for you.
In the words of Fred Sandford.... You big Dummy!
Adios all. Post all you want about me. I am officially deleteing this site from my list. I only deal with POSITIVE attitudes, not people who want to lose.
Tom

Derek2U
01-11-2003, 10:47 AM
I have never heard of you b4 this posting, but if you have
something cool to say, stick around and say it. This board
sorts stuff out real quick and I think its cool that everyone just speaks up and says whats on their head here. PS: have you
ever read what Sufferin & Keilan types?

Tom
01-11-2003, 11:58 AM
*yawn*
This gets old.
They come, they pump up,
They strut,
They get offended,
They leave.
We are just too FRANK for them <G>

Lefty
01-11-2003, 12:03 PM
Tom C. by getting in a huff and leaving you're proving midnight's point, i.e. you really don't want to hold a conversation with anyone who disagrees.
Hey, a lot of people, including other software sellers been "beat up" a lot more than this and they stick around. That's guts.
Show some.

Derek2U
01-11-2003, 12:49 PM
You tell him Lefty. There's nobody that ever argued more than
you but your still at . Did u get laminated?

Lefty
01-11-2003, 01:00 PM
Derek, often lambasted but never laminated. Naturally thick skin.

Speed Figure
01-11-2003, 02:16 PM
I try to tell you guys this a long time ago!:mad:

midnight
01-11-2003, 08:14 PM
Tom Console: point proven. You have a maturity of a six year old and the finnesse of a rhinocerous.

By the way, I've followed your erratic behavior on more forums than this one. You've given the same "I'm leaving and deleting this forum from my list" boo-hoo sob story more than once. Like an unwanted inlaw, you always show up again.

I've also heard the "I had this winner and that winner, I make tons of money, blah etc. blah." crap over and over. I even went back through the old threads here. You've pulled all the same moves here.

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen, go make your millions playing horses, and retire to a nice secluded life somewhere that you don't have to deal with other humans, because your people skills suck.

Speed Figure
01-11-2003, 08:45 PM
Midnight,
it's guys like you that make me love this Forum.:D :cool: :) ;)

TomC
01-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Hey Midnight
Well it took you a while, but I guess you were hard at it asking your mommy for help with the big words.
I decided to stay. First reason is I got 7 e-mails today! ALL of them asking me to stay on. I replied to all, but again, let me sincerely thank all of you that wrote with your kind words. When I post things to morons like Midnight, I dont mean it to in any way imply that I feel that way about all people on this site. MOST are real nice. But a few are really stupid. (SPELLED M-I-D-N-I-G-H-T)
The second reason I will stay on is just to annoy those said morons. Its kinda fun!
Those fools all think I am other people. OK, I will come clean. Other than Tom Console, I am also Dave Powers, Clint Tracy, Dick Mitchell, Howard Sartin, Ray Talbot (that part of me died though), along with Don Rickles, Phylis Diller, and yes its me, the Bambino, Babe Ruth. Oh yeah, Abraham Lincoln too! Four score and 7 years ago, Midnight cashed a ticket. It was his last.
It good to be back!
Sincerely,
Fred Flintstone

Tom
01-11-2003, 09:54 PM
He's not Batman! <G>

anotherdave
01-11-2003, 10:41 PM
You know after reading all this stuff, I wondering why I am spending time here myself. I have no problem with complaining about the redboarding that both TomC and Ray Gordon have done in the past. TomC "officially deletes this site from his list" and then shows up again in 12 hours. And If I end up doing that I'll stick by my word.

But as Game Theory said, why are we encouraging them. Tell them to put some posts on the selection board and show us what they can do. There is no point at going on and on about it.

There has been little of any real handicapping talk for the last few days since Ray and TomC reappeared. Why should they have that amount of power? Both have been here before and left. What is next, frank and kat? Then we get into personal attacks, calling people dummies, stupid and morons. I really don't have time for this. It is extremely distasteful and totally pointless.

Talk about handicapping. Treat people with respect. Don't redboard. Give out a few winners : cj gave us a 25-1 winner the other day (before the race). I've even thrown out a couple of winners here and there. That is what makes this board great. Let's not encourage them. If I was at the track I wouldn't talk to them. Why talk to them in this forum? You know why they are here.

AD

Rpd
01-11-2003, 10:46 PM
Anotherdave

thank you and Amen!

TomC
01-11-2003, 11:07 PM
AD:
Can you pull up the post when I said I was leaving any other times? Also, can you and the other know it alls show me the posts that I have done on other message boards? I NEVER have.
All I read is how I am other people. How I posted under an alias. I am Gramps. I am Clint. I am who ever. All lies. I have no reason to use assumed names.
You guys need to get a life. (And I am sure you know who I am talking about). If you really have nothing better to do than knock Tom Console, wow, things must really suck around your place.
So AD, are you going to be the big "man of your word" and take a hike? And is it really Dave, or didnt you post under the name "Cleo In Ohio" one time?
To my true friends on here, feel free to e-mail anytime. I really am not as big of an a**hole as these guys make me out to be! I enjoy working with you and helping out in anyway I can!

Tom

midnight
01-12-2003, 12:03 AM
You should have said "Guru" shouldn't you?

His con was that he only wrote the program for himself and didn't plan on selling it.

He made lots of farewell speeches.

He was about as immature as you are.

About as arrogant.

Just as clueless.

Same routine you use. Same crap.

Why don't you go reinvent the HPU board on Yahoo, you nym-shifting freak?

Karl pegged you right two days after you showed up the first time with "daughter" in tow and "friends" soon to appear.

"Snake oil" was what Karl said.

That fits, since you're associated with "Dave Powers".

So, does your program have a "Factor CK"?

Huh, Guru?

Baloney.

Jaguar
01-12-2003, 12:21 AM
Dave, excellent post, hope the PA Administrator sees it!

I bet alot of folks on this board are looking forward to a little more maturity.

All the best,

Jaguar

TomC
01-12-2003, 01:39 AM
Midnight:
So when did the medication stop working? Maybe your doctor can prescribe something a little stronger? Or perhaps the last one was a little too strong and fried the brain a bit? Or was that just the drugs you took to escape the pathetic life you lead?
Next time you send me an e-mail begging for ANOTHER free copy of my program like you did last time, we will see if I am so nice and send you another. You made good money using my original True Tenders at first, then greed set in and you blew it. I spent countless hours with you trying to help you out, but you didnt want to listen. So this is your idea of retaliation I guess. Coming on here trying to bash me. Well you just dont get it do you. The good people in this game are my friends and dont care what you say. They know the truth. Bash all you like. You can't have the slightest affect on me.
Now lets see you deny it all too.

PaceAdvantage
01-12-2003, 01:40 AM
This thread is going to be closed. I suggest you guys cool your jets now....and DON'T continue this feud on another thread....

==PA

TomC
01-12-2003, 01:41 AM
THANK YOU!

midnight
01-12-2003, 02:37 AM
PA: unfortunately, I already replied in the other thread. I've made my point and don't need to say any more. I don't give a flying fark if you kick me out or not as long as I've exposed these RPM snake oil salesmen for what they are: frauds.

All the blab about a free program and hours of help is obviously bogus. "Tom Console" is too wrapped up in himself and his own self importance to ever do anything for anybody else.

I'm finished with it, and thanks for having me here.

Derek2U
01-12-2003, 09:44 AM
Midnight I don't know you and I don't know Mr R Gordon either, but I agree more with Mignight after reading these posts. And I
DEF agree with AD cause all this word-litter is distracting. YEAH,
this room has some great capping talk & thats cool plus many cappers here stick their necks out, in print, beforehand, and make selections. BTW --- I just love that P4 contest here ---and that's the stuff that shows ALL who can read how a certain member
sees a race. (And the WAR ROOM is most cool also). So guys,
(gordon / lindsay / fasttt ET AL) we all, by now, accept the fact
that YOU are (a) experienced cappers (b) winning cappers and
(c) insightful cappers --- so how come we don't see your picks
or insight Before the finish line? Please get it goin.