PDA

View Full Version : Empire names members of NYRA Transition Team

highnote
05-12-2007, 03:26 AM
http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=38891&source=rss

They say that "one of the immediate responsibilities of the team will be to begin planning for the installation of synthetic surfaces at racetracks."

Which racetracks? "Begin planning"?

How about CDI install a synthetic track at Churchill Downs first and then once they've perfected it install it at Belmont, AQU and Saratoga. How about not using NY tracks as a laboratory.

NY BRED
05-12-2007, 08:49 AM
great idea to have Magna as part of the team.:mad:

They will probably recommend kicking out NY OTB and TVG and placing Nyra
tracks on HRTV .

This is a sad commentary on the so called experts attemtpting to
improve racing in NY

Rico8812
05-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Empire Racing is a Joke.

highnote
05-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Empire Racing is a Joke.

Great idea to have Magna, CDI and NYRA under one roof. :rolleyes:

Spendabuck85
05-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Good to have Finger Lakes President on the team - we can get $4000 NY bred claimers at Belmont

highnote
05-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Maybe the golden era of racing is finally here. :D

Tom
05-12-2007, 03:00 PM
I heard they were going to close Aquedcut and run their races at Finger Lakes.
It would be called Aqualakes.

highnote
05-12-2007, 03:02 PM

Really? I heard Fingerduct.

Indulto
05-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Empire Racing is a Joke.Given the comedy conducted by the Excelsior realignment, the Bruno-supported, MEC/CDI-influenced(controlled?) Empire's chances of success are no laughing matter.

The derailing of Spitzer's plan to conclude franchise deliberations near the end of the current legislative session suggests to me that Bruno, at least, may not be cooperating with him regarding the Democrat-laden Excelsior. The Republican-laden Empire may be facing resistance from Silver, Spitzer, or both. The fact that Empire is now focusing on a synthetic surface installation tells me that Spitzer really does want to eliminate live racing (at least) at AQU, and needs an all-weather surface at BEL to support year-round racing there.

Without a favorable ruling on the land ownership issue, NYRA -- even reconstituted -- will be history. If the franchise is actually to be awarded to a single bidder, IMO the only things still standing in Empire's way are 1) The desire of even non-racing people to preserve Saratoga is perceptibly threatened by Stronach's presence regardless of proposed constraints, 2) MEC's financial bottom line coupled with it's GP debacle, 3) the potential for a TrackNet monopoly, 4) CDI's misadventure at HOL, and 5) a collective New Yorker ego (a good thing) not inclined to willingly allow Kentucky to supplant New York as thoroughbred racing's marquee state.

alysheba88
05-12-2007, 04:12 PM
The title of this thread is a misnomer

highnote
05-12-2007, 04:34 PM
The title of this thread is a misnomer

That was the headline Bloodhorse gave the article.

Wouldn't it be great if Stronach tore down the grandstand at Saratoga and put up a big, modern slot parlor. Plus, all those people milling around in the picnic area have to go. That's valuable real estate that could be developed to bring in more money for Empire, Inc.

And the paddock area -- that's at least a couple of acres of unproductive real estate. Maybe luxury condos?

Don't laugh. It could happen.

alysheba88
05-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Empire is completely distinct from NYRA.

Its like saying Boston Yankees

Tom
05-12-2007, 06:16 PM
For now.

GARY Z
05-12-2007, 09:27 PM
may as well eliminate the Omaha training track, as you could build the
largest mall in America.

as for the town, maybe create a Beverly Hills atmosphere, since who
needs tradition.

Stronach and his failing company and insane maneuvers has placed various owned
tracks on the brink of failure and will significantly hurt racing in this
country if left unchecked.

Tom
05-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Since GP is closed when SAR runs, maybe Frankee will "wheel up" the portable grandstand for August and tear down the one there now for more room.:D

OTM Al
05-13-2007, 08:28 AM
You know, there almost was a Boston Yankees......

Spendabuck85
05-13-2007, 08:43 AM

They need to do it ASAP. Monday's live racing card at Finger Lakes has been canceled due to a lack of entries.

highnote
05-13-2007, 12:09 PM
They need to do it ASAP. Monday's live racing card at Finger Lakes has been canceled due to a lack of entries.

I thought they had slots at Finger Lakes that was subsidizing racing?

Is that correct? If so, you'd think with all the purse money available there would be more than enough horses to fill races.

Tom
05-13-2007, 12:33 PM
I thought they had slots at Finger Lakes that was subsidizing racing?

Is that correct? If so, you'd think with all the purse money available there would be more than enough horses to fill races.

No entires - all the trainers were playing the slots and missed the deadline!:lol:

Indulto
05-14-2007, 12:49 AM
No entires - all the trainers were playing the slots and missed the deadline!:lol:I guess FL isn't jotb's track.;)

The jockeys can't carry the horses over the finish line, but I'd bet the agents are able and willing to haul the trainers into the racing secretary's office.:jump: Well, the paperwork, anyway.