PDA

View Full Version : Got any good Cards to share?

Beethoven
05-11-2007, 02:34 PM
No, Silly! Not baseball cards...Racing Cards!

You know how it is. Some cards you download and they're just a pain to handicap: drudge, drudge, drudge. And even then, there's not many good prospects to bet on.

But sometimes, you get a card and it's a delight! :)

I mean, some cards just seem to be loaded with good prospects. They just pop out at you.

I thought it would be nice for us to have a thread where in one place you can share some good cards with the rest of us. A place you can go to on one of those tough days where you can't seem to find a good card to handicap.

It's not like you're giving up your selections or anything. It's just a sharing thing, us helping each other out. I mean, bragging rights aside, it's us against the world, right?

So, if you're so inclined, if you feel like it, please post here when you come across a good card.

There's only one "Rule" about this thread. No comebacks, please. No criticism at all, even if you don't agree that someone's card is a good one.

I hope this works out for us, that we can save each other time and effort.

Good luck to all of us! :)

Beethoven
05-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Um, looking over my first post here, I guess I didn't make it clear that I wasn't asking for the cards themselves (they're copyrighted), just for the naming of the card, and maybe a mention of some races to look at on it.

I'm sorry I didn't make that clear, Guys.

BillW
05-11-2007, 04:01 PM
You may want to try in the selections forum :)

Beethoven
05-11-2007, 06:40 PM
You may want to try in the selections forum :)
OH MY GOODNESS! How silly of me to miss that whole forum!

Thank you, Bill. ;)

karlskorner
05-11-2007, 06:56 PM
CRC for Sat. 13 races, 125 ENTERED, 4 on the grass

Beethoven
05-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Why, Thank You Karlskorner! :)

skate
05-12-2007, 01:27 PM
of coarse it depends on 'what you call' a good card,but...

id like to see the AP card, for this Sat, even tho i really plan to play just one race with keys to one horse. the ninth race @ AP.
i prefer this type of card, since i look for one horse with nice odds.

in order for me to get 'this type' of card, i'll scan over 3 or 4 tracks with at least 2 or 3 races with 9 or more running, most likely not Maidens (i would always consider) but id prefer to see some PPs.

i also might play the 5th @ HP this SAT.

so , it depends, but i 'do' understand your point.

that's 'all', after ive done my home work.

Sun. im looking forward to the LAD card. ie, preliminary.

mhrussell
05-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Beethoven-

Good suggestion. Often I too download a bunch of cards.. and there is just plain 'nothin'; others come up with potential. If we can get some sharing, it may help save a lot of time. I would also suggest we do the converse: share cards that, from a betting value sense, are a total waste of time. That too would save a lot of time for people.

thanks.. and welcome to the group! Nice to see that a few women are interested in this crazy game too.

best,
Matt

p.s. - a pun for you: Why couldn't Beethoven find Mozart? Because he was Hayden. <arrrrrrrrrgh!>

Beethoven
05-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Beethoven-

Good suggestion. Often I too download a bunch of cards.. and there is just plain 'nothin'; others come up with potential. If we can get some sharing, it may help save a lot of time. I would also suggest we do the converse: share cards that, from a betting value sense, are a total waste of time. That too would save a lot of time for people.

thanks.. and welcome to the group! Nice to see that a few women are interested in this crazy game too.

best,
Matt

p.s. - a pun for you: Why couldn't Beethoven find Mozart? Because he was Hayden. <arrrrrrrrrgh!>

Aww! You're sweet! ...and funny too. :)

Thanks! It'll take a while but I hope this thread will catch on. When you think about it, all these data providers are getting rich, whether we get a good card or a bad card. So, although I know guys are very competitive with each other, I hope they'll come around to seeing the common good.

We can hope, right? If we weren't optimists we wouldn't be gambling in the first place. <winks>

Thanks loads for the welcome! I think you're a great bunch of guys.

Edit: That's a good suggestion. I'll risk being a pest and start another thread called "Don't Buy This Card!". How's that sound?

PaceAdvantage
05-14-2007, 02:19 AM
How's that sound?

Silly.

ELA
05-14-2007, 11:51 AM
I know what you mean. I download 6 to 10 cards a day depending on what meets are going. Sometimes I look and just move on. Others I really get into it and might look at the next day or two as well.

A card, even a race can get someone frustrated -- the mental poker game, back and forth, and so on, LOL.

Eric

skate
05-14-2007, 04:01 PM
when asked about a card, im thinking, um, first off, we should figure what is a good card.

sounds simple and it is.

some like big fields, some like small fields...

now i think your idea is good, but it does become "silly" as put, when "nobody" has an idea "about what is good and what is bad".

everyone will not agree on the same conditions:bang: