PDA

View Full Version : Nawlins 12-1

Boris
12-01-2002, 11:59 AM
I find it interesting that Robby Albarado gets into the Big Easy today for 5 mounts on the back end of the card. If he skips today, he can have a few days to get his stuff together and make an easy transition from Churchill, but he's right there. Gotta feel there's a rent money mount or he'd of taken the slow train with Calvin. Gonna eyeball his three turf mounts for the answer. RA is a good turf rider and went 6-1-1-2 the last week on the CD lawn with 11/1, 13/1, 8/1, 2/1 and was off the board with a pair of 6/1's. I'm looking at the 8th with Gun Hill and the 9th with Adorable Audrey as plays. Apolgies in advance to Sufferin if the Cajuns pound him as they often will.

**** Freaking Time Warner!!!! Not sure if this post will make it as it killed part of my post. I ain't writing it all up again.

GameTheory
12-01-2002, 07:03 PM
Well, you were right. Too bad Gun Hill can't run in a straight line...

smf
12-01-2002, 11:05 PM
That was a good pick, B. Tough beat.....

I bet the 6, unfortunately. Needed another takedown to get me to cash in.

JMHO, I think Robbie was anxious to get home in front and the horse reacted to the big stick. I watched the replays to see if GH was sore, but I don't think that's why he bore in (just in case you wanna bet him next out). Couldn't really tell tho. The guy sitting in the carrel next to me was drunk and kept putting his pen over Corinthian on my monitor during the replays.

If you're playing FG regularly, give Corey a hard look when he has a live one. He's riding like he wants to keep these good horses, and knows they'll be hard to find once Robby, Shane, Donnie and the boys settle in.

Boris
12-02-2002, 10:08 AM
Well, Gun Hill cost me a few bones. You're right on Lanerie SMF. This FG colony is one of the better ones around. Speaking of jockeys, have you noticed CJ Woodley over at Delta? He's gotta be loving these higher purses. Had a 5 bagger Sat night and another pair on Sun.

Looking forward to the real horses coming in for this Sat at Sammy. Should be fun.

smf
12-02-2002, 01:46 PM
Haven't checked out CJ at Delta yet, Boris. Sounds like a good jock can make a damn killing there & he did ok at Ladowns when he had a decent hoss, I thought.

I saw where Asmussen sent a FTS to break his maiden in a special for a 28k purse @ Delta. Didn't pay squat of course, but an average Asmussen maiden vs those pigs in Vinton is a mismatch.

I might have to stick around the simo sat nite to check out Houston. I doubt I'll see many late jock changes w/ that card, hehe.

Boris
12-02-2002, 05:52 PM
Actually, Sammy is running in the day Saturday for the big party. Post time 1:00PM.

cj
12-02-2002, 06:09 PM
Can anyone elaborate on the "Great States Challenge" at SHRP on Saturday? Haven't seen any details.

CJ

BillW
12-02-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
Can anyone elaborate on the "Great States Challenge" at SHRP on Saturday? Haven't seen any details.

CJ

... if you haven't found this one yet:

http://www.shrp.com/greatstatechallenge/

BillW
12-03-2002, 03:11 PM
This has been out for a few days:

http://www.drf2000.com/gsc.html