PDA

View Full Version : O.J. Gets the Boot......night before the Derby

JustRalph
05-09-2007, 03:17 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,270879,00.html

Jeff Ruby is a well known Restaurant owner and a fine guy. He is known to cater to Celebs. I salute him ..............

Steakhouse Owner Refuses to Serve O.J. Simpson
Wednesday, May 09, 2007

"The owner of an upscale steakhouse in Louisville said he asked O.J. Simpson to leave his restaurant the night before the Kentucky Derby because he is sickened by the attention Simpson still attracts.

"I didn't want to serve him because of my convictions of what he's done to those families," Jeff Ruby said in a telephone interview Tuesday. "The way he continues to torture the lives of those families ... with his behavior, attitude and conduct."

~more at the link~

Tom
05-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Saw a disturbing photo of Angel Cordero hugging the killer on derby day.
Lost all respect for him.
I think of him as the killer's little puppy now.

GaryG
05-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Saw a disturbing photo of Angel Cordero hugging the killer on derby day.
Lost all respect for him.
I think of him as the killer's little puppy now.That is worse than disturbing. What in the hell could AC possibly have to gain by posing like that? I agree, sure takes the luster off his career.

BlueShoe
05-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Not sure where I heard this (perhaps here?) or if it is true or a made up tale,but a similar incident involving little Miss North Vietnam was said to have occured in an upscale eatery in Montana.Jane Fonda and a companion arrived and were told that there would be a 45 minute wait.She became upset and demanded to be seated immediately.The owner/manager was called.Fonda was said to have asked the manager if he knew who she was.The manager,a Vietnam Vet,replied to her,"yes I do know who you are,and not only will you not be seated at once,you will not be served at any time in this establishment.Please leave the premises".Cannot recall the city,the restaurant,or the mans name,but would like to find out.If I am ever in Montana again,would make it a point to patronize his place.

bigmack
05-09-2007, 06:26 PM
Simpson's lawyers are investigating because they feel it was (drum roll) - racially motivated. Albeit, they sat MJordan at the table. :lol:

Potential plans to go after the restaurant's liquor license are underway.

JustRalph
05-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Simpson's lawyers are investigating because they feel it was (drum roll) - racially motivated. Albeit, they sat MJordan at the table. :lol:

Potential plans to go after the restaurant's liquor license are underway.

Jeff Ruby is a big boy. He can refuse anybody he wants. He will get through any bullshit that Simpson stirs up

shanta
05-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Jeff Ruby is a big boy. He can refuse anybody he wants. He will get through any bullshit that Simpson stirs up

agree 100%
Maybe this Yale Galanter needs a little personal attention.
Richie

boomman
05-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Living in the state of Florida, I can certainly tell you that OJ is CERTAINLY an outcast here. He is, to say at the very least "persona non-grata". I am very surprised that Angel Cordero would not re-think the situation before snapping a photo with him. As for the story in Montana, I also heard it when I was director of racing for the fairs up there several years ago, and as a vietnam era veteran myself (although I didn't serve there) here's to hoping it's TRUE!

Boomer

ljb
05-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Fonda is going to be on Larry King tonight, in case you want to watch. And, thank you for serving our country.

Greyfox
05-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Not sure where I heard this (perhaps here?) or if it is true or a made up tale,but a similar incident involving little Miss North Vietnam was said to have occured in an upscale eatery in Montana.Jane Fonda and a companion arrived and were told that there would be a 45 minute wait.She became upset and demanded to be seated immediately.The owner/manager was called.Fonda was said to have asked the manager if he knew who she was.The manager,a Vietnam Vet,replied to her,"yes I do know who you are,and not only will you not be seated at once,you will not be served at any time in this establishment.Please leave the premises".Cannot recall the city,the restaurant,or the mans name,but would like to find out.If I am ever in Montana again,would make it a point to patronize his place.

Some sites are saying that the story re: Jane Fonda not being served is an urban myth. Otherwise, it's told often.
1. The place was Sir Scott's Oasis Steakhouse near Yellowstone.
http://travel.state.mt.us/categories/moreinfo.asp?IDRRecordId=13087&SiteId=1

2. The story is at http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/fondawhoiam.html

Tom
05-09-2007, 09:25 PM
I'd serve the bitch... a knuckle sandwhich.
She served N Viet Nan, not America.
Her book - My Life so Far needs a sequel - Your Life - Too Long.
There will be parties coast to coast when that hag kick the bucket.
I think we should bury her over there. In a rice paddy.

And if figues a low life like Letterman would have her on his show.