PDA

View Full Version : Jobs Americans won't do...

Tom
05-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Big problem locally - no one wants to pick fruit. Jobs offering $15 and hour are going unfilled.

I have the solution - checks Americans won't cash. Everyone on welfare, unemployment should be forced to take the job ( if, of course, physically able) or forfiet the checks.

But, the fruit picking market can pay decent wages if it has to. I see no reason to be handing out free cash when jobs are there.

Lefty
05-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Tom, i'm in full agreement. When I was in my 20's raising kids, i had to take some of most disagreeable, hard jobs at minimum wage. No welfare, just hard work.

robert99
05-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Same problem in UK.
Special work permits are provided to non EU people to work for the season but they are now finding easier, better paid work.
Threat is that much of the soft fruit crop will just rot in the fields.
The supermarkets control what the farmer gets paid and they have not had an increase in 10 years. If they don't like it, then supermarkets import, and farmer is left with a perishable crop he can't sell.

bigmack
05-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Have states set-up temporary employment agencies to supply jobs for those currently on the state dole. Look at Tommy Thompson in Wisconsin. He required all Welfare recipients to work and the amount of fam's on the state teat went from 98000 to 6500. A slash of 93% and a more envigored people

kenwoodallpromos
05-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Contracting in NJ.

ljb
05-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Just shown on 6 o'clock local news.
Dairy Farm in thumb area (mi) just got raided, had 13 illegal immigrants working there. Comment from sheriff. "They are going to get wet and they are going to get cow manure on them. Local people wont do it." The illegals were being paid between $8 and $10 an hour.
Now what ?

ljb
05-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Tom, i'm in full agreement. When I was in my 20's raising kids, i had to take some of most disagreeable, hard jobs at minimum wage. No welfare, just hard work.
Oh Lefty, you are so impressive.

Lefty
05-09-2007, 08:16 PM
lbj, that I am.

Tom
05-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Just shown on 6 o'clock local news.
Dairy Farm in thumb area (mi) just got raided, had 13 illegal immigrants working there. Comment from sheriff. "They are going to get wet and they are going to get cow manure on them. Local people wont do it." The illegals were being paid between $8 and $10 an hour.
Now what ?

We deport them or put them in jail where they belong.
Then we put them on a work detail, getting wet and covered in poop and pay them nothing.

They are here illegally, end of story.

If locals won't do the work, locals can learn to live without milk.

That's what I'd say if I werre talking to someone who existed.

Lefty
05-09-2007, 09:39 PM
As has already been said, locals no doubt do the work if the welfare was withheld.

Tom
05-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Funny how the libs whine about minimum wage but have no problems with illegal working for less. Makes them pretty much pro-slavery.

GaryG
05-10-2007, 09:01 AM
If all of those getting a free ride in Nawlins were made to work the city would have rebuilt long ago. Hey yo! You got my house ready yet?

ljb
05-10-2007, 11:32 AM
We deport them or put them in jail where they belong.
Then we put them on a work detail, getting wet and covered in poop and pay them nothing.

They are here illegally, end of story.

If locals won't do the work, locals can learn to live without milk.

That's what I'd say if I werre talking to someone who existed.
Tom,
Latest report. The illegals are being deported. The farm owner may be prosecuted for tax evasion.
Cows are exploding. :D
Locals drink beer. :D

GaryG
05-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Tom,
Latest report. The illegals are being deported. The farm owner may be prosecuted for tax evasion.
Locals drink beer. :DPlenty of cattle out this way and none are exploding. Neither are they being milked and fed by illegal aliens. Local folks doing the work like they always have. Your idea of a rural experience is probably seeing a dead squirrel in a parking lot.

Tom
05-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Tom,
Locals drink beer. :D

There is a lot of bull flying areound here, but then you turned up in the center of it.

GET OFF MY TRAIN.

DJofSD
05-10-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm sure if we were in a deep depression like in the 1930's, these jobs would be taken.

ljb
05-10-2007, 05:16 PM
There is a lot of bull flying areound here, but then you turned up in the center of it.

GET OFF MY TRAIN.
I Thought my post about the illegals found in Mi. and locals not doing it fit right in this thread.
WHAT CRITERIA IS NEEDED TO RIDE YOUR TRAIN?

ljb
05-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Plenty of cattle out this way and none are exploding. Neither are they being milked and fed by illegal aliens. Local folks doing the work like they always have. Your idea of a rural experience is probably seeing a dead squirrel in a parking lot.
The thing about the cows exploding. It was a joke. As for Local folks doing the work, did you catch the statement about the farmer possibly being charged with tax evasion.
I saw a rabbit get hit by an SUV last night, does that qualify as rural ?

Greyfox
05-10-2007, 05:21 PM
WHAT CRITERIA IS NEEDED TO RIDE YOUR TRAIN?

Yeah. By now you should've earned your bore-ding pass.:lol:

Lefty
05-10-2007, 10:47 PM
lbj, seeing a rabbit getting hit by an SUV doesn't necessarily qualify as rural.
Many yrs ago, I was tending bar in a neighborhood bar in a town of 65,000. A friends of mine who was a crack shot with a rifle went rabbit hunting with a friend. They were bk in a couple hrs with several rabbits. When asked where they went they laughed and said they never got out of the neighborhood.
Now if a cow strays into your front yard, that's rural and reminds me of another incident...