PDA

View Full Version : Rags 2 Riches and Belmont

bobphilo
05-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Pletcher has hinted that he may start Rags to Riches in the Belmont. I just saw a handicapping theory on another board that I have to share. It says that if a filly in heat gets the early lead, all the horny colts will just chase her around the track and have no wish to pass her. :rolleyes: ;)

My question is; will that make a gelding like Imawildandcrazyguy a good bet?
:lol: :lol:
Bob

Dan Montilion
05-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Only if Imawildandcrazyguy is faster than the filly.

Kind of like two bear hunters after morning coffee...

H1. What is with the running shoes?

H2. In case we are chased by a bear.

H1. You can't outrun a bear.

H2. I just have to outrun you.

WJ47
05-09-2007, 09:24 PM
ImaWildandCrazyGuy may be chasing her too. I thought he was just recently gelded. Sometimes when a horse is gelded at an older age, they display naughty behavior just like the colts. We used to have a gelding that wasn't gelded until he was 3 and he would chase the mares all around. LOL, after that, we made sure our next colt was gelded at 10 months before he started getting any hormones flowing. I honestly don't know how they keep these colts in line at the track; we used to have one stallion on the farm for breeding and he was a beast! He was a former quarter horse race horse from the old Commodore Downs in Pennsylvania. If you even walked a mare past his stall, he'd go crazy and try to break down the door.

I wonder how soon they'll decide if they will run her in the Belmont. If Street Sense wins the Preakness too, it would be shocking to have a filly upset the Triple Crown.