PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

dungheap
05-08-2007, 04:15 AM
I'm looking for information about favourites statistics (win) in the USA, by course and overall if possible.
In the UK (where I am based) the favourite tends to win around 33% of the time is this true of USA racing generally? Are there courses were being the favourite is a definate disadvantage?
Thanks in adavance for your help.

BillW
05-08-2007, 04:21 AM
It tends to creep higher as field size drops, but in general a reasonable rule of thumb.

dungheap
05-08-2007, 04:43 AM
Thanks are there any sites that collate the information?, we have one site over here that has stats going back to 1991 and many others, I would post the link but as a newbie to the site I'm not sure if its permissable.

Incidentally the reason I'm looking is that we have USA racing live on cable here and the betting exchanges price the races in the evenings and I need the stats to apply my system.

BillW
05-08-2007, 04:56 AM
This is about the only source I can think of:

http://www.bris.com/

Look at "handicappers Edge" - the link in the text of the page. Then go to "Today's Top News" - click on todays date. In the grey link area on the left about 30 links down the page is a link titled "At A Glance". Run your mouse pointer over that and a list of tracks will appear with meet data. Possibly someone else will have a better source.