PDA

View Full Version : Rizzi's Twist

the_fat_man
05-07-2007, 01:06 AM
Maiden claimer in Florida (bottomed at 16k); claimed twice, successively

comes to NYC

runs in a MSW in which she clips heels on the backstretch (not the INVASOR trivial CLIP -she went to her nose), drops to mid pack

circles the field and wins.

now, that's interesting

DanG
05-07-2007, 02:24 AM
Very little difference between open 25k at GP and those NY bred fillies this time of year.

the_fat_man
05-07-2007, 02:26 AM
Very little difference between open 25k at GP and those NY bred fillies this time of year.

maybe in the winter; not now. and 16 or 25k to MSW is a jump

DanG
05-07-2007, 02:38 AM
maybe in the winter; not now. and 16 or 25k to MSW is a jump
Not always as in this case. I bet the race so I’m familiar with it.

It depends if your measuring each NY bred event or all of them in general. (Of course we all measure races a little differently, so there is no absolute answer.)

Your right about the adversity she faced. I’m sure we’ll both agree that first time Levine can have a remarkable effect at times. ;)

the_fat_man
05-07-2007, 02:53 AM
Not always as in this case. I bet the race so I’m familiar with it.

It depends if your measuring each NY bred event or all of them in general. (Of course we all measure races a little differently, so there is no absolute answer.)

Your right about the adversity she faced. I’m sure we’ll both agree that first time Levine can have a remarkable effect at times. ;)

Well, let's do this, for exactness purposes.

You have data. Provide a couple more examples of sub 20k maiden claimers in GP that have won MSW races in NYC (winter or otherwise).

Oh, and if you can find one or two that almost fell during the running of the race, you'd certainly have a stronger argument. :ThmbUp:

I'm rooting for you.

Tom
05-07-2007, 07:38 AM
I didn't think there was anything lower than a state bred maiden filly race - excpet mules.:lol:

cj
05-07-2007, 08:01 AM
If this race was for statebreds, it shouldn't be a big surprise. Maiden claiming losers ship and win NY Bred MSW races all the time. Hell, even Candlin wins one or two of those pathetic events a year. The horse was probably claimed specifically to run in NY bred races.

DanG
05-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Well, let's do this, for exactness purposes.

You have data. Provide a couple more examples of sub 20k maiden claimers in GP that have won MSW races in NYC (winter or otherwise).

Oh, and if you can find one or two that almost fell during the running of the race, you'd certainly have a stronger argument. :ThmbUp:

I'm rooting for you.
Well,

Here’s the deal my friend.

You keep typing MSW without the all important “S” associated for NY breds. There won’t be many “examples” of lightly raced state breds running outside of NY for a tag because the series is so lucrative in NY; you would need three legs, or brain damage to attempt it. This was clearly an improving animal even before Levin took charge.

If you would lose the sarcasm maybe we could discuss the race intelligently, but I have a hunch it would go around in circles and waste both of our time. Let’s just agree to disagree and “carry on” as Hijack would say.

Always interesting to talk to you fats, though I must say we don’t often resolve very much.

the_fat_man
05-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Well,

You keep typing MSW without the all important “S” associated for NY breds.

That's because, as I didn't bet the race, it was late at the time of posting, and I didn't take the time to notice that it was NYSTATEBRED :bang:

And it then makes perfect sense that this horse could run open maiden claiming and then step up to MSW S. (There are examples of this all the time.)

Carry on, Dan

Job well done

Of course, this doesn't detract from the impressive nature of the horse's win. And, doesn't take any special measures (other than natural talent and hard work) on the part of Levine to 'step her up'.