PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Worried about the Pre Race blood tests?

JustRalph
05-05-2007, 10:40 PM
I was thinking that if somebody gets DQ'ed it will be a terrible PR problem. Anybody worried?

I notice all of Pletcher's horses ran poorly...........he has Frankel disease

JustRalph
05-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Looks like it won't be a problem

http://tcm.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=38802

Greyfox
05-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Except for those of us who bet on "The Franchise Guys."

keilan
05-05-2007, 11:36 PM
I was thinking that if somebody gets DQ'ed it will be a terrible PR problem. Anybody worried?

I notice all of Pletcher's horses ran poorly...........he has Frankel disease

Pletcher never seems to have a good reason why his horse’s run poorly when test barns are part of the equation.

Does anyone think there might be something to this?

Maybe it’s poor training, days lost training, each jockey gave a bad ride, horse swallowed a towel? Or is it those pesky li’l test barns.

POC wrapped in a Hugo Boss

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2007, 11:47 PM
You guys act as if Pletcher's horses in this race were some serious threats. Except for AGS and possibly Scat Daddy on his best day, where does this expectation come from that Pletcher's horses were going to sweep the board?

CQ put in a good run finishing 6th after breaking near last and running 18th at the half....given a Street Sense-like trip, he would have been much closer.

It's all about trips and talent when it comes to the Derby. The few Pletcher horses with talent (come on now, you seriously think Sam P. and Cowtown Cat were threats to hit the board??) didn't get the trips. And NONE of the Pletcher horses were favorites or even second choices in this race.

Thus, I'm not sure why thoughts are turning nefarious in this case.

Did Pletcher stop winning races in NY after they instituted their detention barns?

Greyfox
05-05-2007, 11:59 PM
You guys act as if Pletcher's horses in this race were some serious threats.

Reality says there weren't.
Ho. Hum. You're right again P.A.