PDA

View Full Version : Today at Belmont

cees with dees
05-05-2007, 09:42 AM
The ninth race today is filled with horses that appear to have unlimited potential so a horse like Regal Officer may be very much overlooked.
His best races by leaps and bounds have come on turf and I think he is a much better animal now than the last time he saw the grass.
A definite bet against in this race for me is Inquisitive. Not only did he have a perfect trip in his debut last year at Gulfstream, he is probably going to be the favorite here and the two horses McGuaghey has run thus far were both really bad. Happy Hunting tired to last after setting a very moderate pace on the best part of the track and Cologne did absolutely no running at all in a paceless turf race and couldn't even keep close early. Have a feeling this entire barn is in for a long slump. Would never hesitate to use any horse at a big price but this one is likely to be short and I don't think is much anyway.
Pick 4's with Regal Officer and maybe Pletcher's horse who happens to come out of the same race as Inquisitive and had a much much tougher trip.
Good luck to all.
Ben