PDA

View Full Version : Derby Trip

098poi
05-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Not the horse's trip, my trip! I am flying to Florida this morning to see my Dad and in theory will be able to watch the Derby with him. Last year I wasn't paying attention and I went to see him the week leading up to the Derby and my flight home was about 7:30 PM. I watched the race in the airport with everyone else. It turns out my flight was delayed about 3 hours and when we finally boarded everyone was a bit cranky. The seat assignments changed and I got stuck sitting in the middle seat (which I hate) between 2 women. As soon as we sat down the woman by the window starts bitching to us about the delay, they lost her luggage, on and on. I am normally relatively stable but I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack listening to this lady for the whole flight.:( Then the captain comes on and says they have a complimentary movie for us to watch. My spirits lifted a little and then he goes, "BUT it's Big Momma's House 2." I swear he said BUT!! I thought I had entered the Twilight Zone. I missed Big Momma's House 1 and who knew there was a 2!! Anyway I opted for the headphones and felt watching the movie was better then listening to that woman.

As far as this year goes I like Curlin. I know the 2 year old stuff, but I have my own pace formula and his last race matches other Derby winners previous races better than anyone else. He also seems to handle himself on the backstretch if another horse passes him for a bit. He doesnt freak out and try to win right there or back off. I am a Youbet guy but today it will be NObet. That's O.K., I'll enjoy watching the race with my Dad, unless my flight is delayed again. Uh-Oh!! I won't have access down there so I will miss the post Derby posts until next thursday. Good luck everyone.