PDA

View Full Version : twinspires.com meltdown

ponypro
05-04-2007, 10:55 PM
How predictable. I just recieved this

Player Services Alert:

New Telephone Account Registrations Unavailable until after Derby; Online still Available

Due to the huge wagering demand expected for the Kentucky Derby, we have temporarily stopped processing new account registrations through our Player Services telephone line
(1-877-SPIRES1). This service outage will be in effect from 4PM EST Friday, May 4, through 9AM EST Monday, May 7.

mhrussell
05-04-2007, 11:22 PM
"...burn, baby burn !!!!"

Zaf
05-04-2007, 11:25 PM
:lol:

Z

kev
05-04-2007, 11:52 PM
You can still join by going on-line, you just can't call, big deal. I've had about 8 people I know join within the last day and their ok with it. Just give in, TVG will be gone within the next 2 years.

Ron
05-05-2007, 12:06 AM
Not everyone is comfortable with betting online.

I've only looked into this briefly. Can you bet other tracks through them? At first I think NYRA was only planning to have their tracks.

skate
05-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Not everyone is comfortable with betting online.

I've only looked into this briefly. Can you bet other tracks through them? At first I think NYRA was only planning to have their tracks.

phonebet.com

tkaes bet over the phone or on line or at the track (off sites).

set up is simple

linrom1
05-05-2007, 03:52 PM
You can still join by going on-line, you just can't call, big deal. I've had about 8 people I know join within the last day and their ok with it. Just give in, TVG will be gone within the next 2 years.

That'll make as much difference as a mosquito biting an elephant's ass to News Corp. News Corp just offered to buy Dow Jones for $5 Billion. There is just absolute naivety in this game on part of some players; most players can't even recognize a gift horse.

Whether TVG makes a profit, makes absolutely no difference to News Corp, you probably couldn't even find TVG in any of their SEC filings

Yeah, you'll show them. :lol:

kev
05-05-2007, 07:19 PM
I'll show them what? I just said I think they might be gone within the next 2 years. What's your problem?

gIracing
05-05-2007, 07:31 PM
tisk tisk..

news corp didn't become news corp by running compaines that bleed. they have shareholders to answer to.

Honestly I could care less if TVG goes down or not, becuase there is no way one channel can handle all racing.. it's hard for TWO channels to get all stuff going.. but if Empire gets the NYRA contract... it won't look good for TVG whatsoever.

Spendabuck85
05-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Let's see if I have this straight. Empire (Churchill/Magna - TrackNet/TwinSpires) takes over NYRA, NYRA has an exlusive contract with TVG, this means that Empire can't take bets on their own track.

kev
05-05-2007, 08:53 PM
I think he said, if they get the contract? I think the NYRA contract with TVG is up at the end of the year. Who do you their going with then? TVG will not have FG,CRC,AP, and maybe some other's at the end of the year, right?