PDA

View Full Version : Derby PP's Missing in the Hard-Copy Form?

Overlay
05-04-2007, 08:38 PM
I picked up the hard-copy editions of the Form (both the AM and PM Simulcast editions) for Derby Day. The past performances for the first four horses in the Derby (Race 10) appear on page 67 of the Derby section, but when you turn over to page 68, it's the beginning of the past performances for Race 11. I double-checked the page number to make sure there were no pages missing, and looked page-by-page through the rest of the Form trying to find the rest of the race, with no success. What gives? Am I going crazy, or is this a major screw-up? (I'm inclined to think the latter, because the editions I have also include two identical sets of past performances for both Races 11 and 12 (but, again, with all the pages correctly consecutively numbered).)

depalma13
05-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Mines fine

cnollfan
05-05-2007, 07:46 AM
This is a major screwup. Mine is fine also, but there is a similar problem with the DRFs in New Orleans.

shanta
05-05-2007, 08:12 AM
I picked up the hard-copy editions of the Form (both the AM and PM Simulcast editions) for Derby Day. The past performances for the first four horses in the Derby (Race 10) appear on page 67 of the Derby section, but when you turn over to page 68, it's the beginning of the past performances for Race 11.

Jim "The Hat" Bradshaw had the same problem yesterday when he went to the simul facility to grab today's Form. Unreal.

Richie

Pace Cap'n
05-05-2007, 08:22 AM
So just to re-cap...We're SOL with most of the ADW's, CD's own website is FUBAR-ed, the KD is MIA in the DRF...

YUM.

Overlay
05-05-2007, 09:38 AM
This is a major screwup. Mine is fine also, but there is a similar problem with the DRFs in New Orleans.

Jim "The Hat" Bradshaw had the same problem yesterday when he went to the simul facility to grab today's Form. Unreal.

Maybe it's a conspiracy to reduce betting on Derby horses from the South in order to drive up their odds. ;)

Tom
05-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Tracknuts will not allow the Derby PPs to be sold in any stores that carry Planters nuts. they will not allow this nutty exclusivity to continue.

Tom
05-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Hatws off to DRF once again.
Cannot buy PPs on line today either - must be jammed up. Why has BRIS and TSN been offering PPs on line for 20+ years and DRF still has issues even on normal weekends?

My advice to DRF...fire your computer guys and hire someone from BRIS who know how to run an on line business.

BRIS, btw, GAVE me the PPs for free.
DRF, losers incorporated.

SMOO
05-07-2007, 09:22 AM
Hatws off to DRF once again.
Cannot buy PPs on line today either - must be jammed up. Why has BRIS and TSN been offering PPs on line for 20+ years and DRF still has issues even on normal weekends?

My advice to DRF...fire your computer guys and hire someone from BRIS who know how to run an on line business.

BRIS, btw, GAVE me the PPs for free.
DRF, losers incorporated.

Good post.

Here's another question about their on-line versions of this or any other race. Why is it that BRISNET and Equibase have the morning line odds listed on their pp's but DRF does not? And I'm not talking hard copies that have to be delivered in advance, I'm talking on-line versions here.

Is DRF ever going to join the 21st century? :bang:

Lasix1
05-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Add Oaklawn Park to the list of tracks that were missing Derby PP's in their hardcopy forms on Derby Day. They did provide a free supplement that had the numbers, but it had no morning line odds for any races on the Derby Day card.

To add insult to injury, they had no PM editions of the form and therefore no past performances for Belmont Park.

I have watched DRF in operation now for over 20 years and made up my mind long ago that their printing and distribution people are incompetent. I gave up on them years ago in favor of BRIS. So it didn't matter to me, but there were a lot of angry people at the track on Saturday, especially about the missing Belmont PP's.

Alas, this screwup is merely the latest; not the last. :bang: