PDA

View Full Version : Curlin odds going up

gIracing
05-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Now, I honestlyt thought Street Sense would be a lukewarm fav... but curlin at 6 to freakin 1?

I thought 9 to 2 would be a bargan. i hope he stays there

GaryG
05-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Now, I honestlyt thought Street Sense would be a lukewarm fav... but curlin at 6 to freakin 1?

I thought 9 to 2 would be a bargan. i hope he stays thereWith all of the so called experts knocking him I am not surprised. Every talking head in the media can recite all of the stats about not racing as a 2yo, not enough seasoning etc. Barbaro was the ML fav and he paid 6-1.

Bruddah
05-04-2007, 02:10 PM
2-6-7
2-6-7-8-15-16
2-6-7-8-15-16

by name

Curlin-Cowtown Cat-Street Sense
Curlin-Cowtown Cat-Street Sense-Hard Spun-Tiago-Circular Quay
Curlin-Cowtown Cat-Street Sense-Hard Spun-Tiago-Circular Quay

by M/L Odds

7/2-20-7
7/2-20-7-15-15-8
7/2-20-7-15-15-8

Good Luck to all tomorrow :ThmbUp:

Edward DeVere
05-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Tiago (Giacomo), Scat Daddy (Prado/Barbaro) and the two greys (women) were strongly bet Friday. As the odds on those horses rise, the odds on Curlin will fall.

46zilzal
05-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Rags to Riches just won with four lifetime starts. Not impossible. Is racing changing with more science behind conditioning in alternate ways. Think about it: the old timers put "bottom" into their horses by works, training races etc.

Now they have video gait analysis, swimming, interval therapy, scoping to find out if breathing is adequate, meds to calm down things that would have stopped a horse historically, better nutrition, etc.....

There COULD be a breakthrough here as this one is doing nothing but improving

BeatTheChalk
05-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Rags to Riches just won with four lifetime starts. Not impossible. Is racing changing with more science behind conditioning in alternate ways. Think about it: the old timers put "bottom" into their horses by works, training races etc.

Now they have video gait analysis, swimming, interval therapy, scoping to find out if breathing is adequate, meds to calm down things that would have stopped a horse historically, better nutrition, etc.....

There COULD be a breakthrough here as this one is doing nothing but improving

How does he stack up ..Early / Late ? And it is so dang hard to read
those itsy bitsy numbers. But to quote Howard a long long time ago..
" If you don't have what you can use...Use what you have " The
Median Energy look about right. Thanks for read out.

46zilzal
05-04-2007, 07:39 PM
How does he stack up ..Early / Late ? And it is so dang hard to read
those itsy bitsy numbers.
Curlin's early late is right in range......median is almost a mirror image of the Oaks winner.....

Street Sense is great but like I feared with Afleet Alex, the median is just too low being high 66's. Sweetnorthernsaint had the same numbers and got up too late as well.

the_fat_man
05-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Curlin's early late is right in range......median is almost a mirror image of the Oaks winner.....

Street Sense is great but like I feared with Afleet Alex, the median is just too low being high 66's. Sweetnorthernsaint had the same numbers and got up too late as well.

Let me get this straight: SNS and SS are in the 'same range', according to your figures?

46zilzal
05-04-2007, 11:53 PM
Let me get this straight: SNS and SS are in the 'same range', according to your figures?
Only their percent median (Energy distribution) as it is NOT a stand alone evalutaion. It has to be taken into account with several others

JPinMaryland
05-05-2007, 12:46 AM
And what would those be, pray tell?

46zilzal
05-05-2007, 01:04 AM
And what would those be, pray tell?
high 66 where standards are 67.3- 67.8

JPinMaryland
05-05-2007, 01:50 AM
Just out of curiousity those horses that beat ALex, Giacomo and Closing Argument. What were theres?

46zilzal
05-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Giacomo's were right in the target area of 67.5-67.8, Closing Argument's were out of range being closer to 68.5 (the profile of many a place horse i.e Lion Heart was 68.0 as well) In Sartin-ese both are contraenergy horses......They are what I call remanant speed. The biggest candidates for that category are the speedballs No Biz and Scat Daddy: speed with questionable final fractions.

JPinMaryland
05-05-2007, 11:40 PM
You know its interesting, right after the race was over I watched the overhead and I immediately thought of this thread because of the comparison of SNS to SSense.

DOes this Energy distribution stuff have anything to do with when a horse will make his move? I am totally ignorant of this.