PDA

View Full Version : HPI Payoffs On California Thoroughbred Races

trying2win
05-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Like I've mentioned before, if you get shoddy service from a betting service, or think the betting serivice is a bunch of cheapskates with their 'rewards' bonuses of ball caps, coffee mugs or t-shirts, or think the betting service is shady in some ways....don't be a wimp and just complain here, show a little courage. Send these places an email at least, showing your displeasure.
On the bright side, if you think these places do something positive for horseplayers, give them a compliment that they're doing something right.

I don't like HPI for many reasons, but the skimming of payoffs by HPI on the California thoroughbred races is a real irritant. So I fired off an email to them today. Here's a copy of what I said:

"I would like to know the 'real reason' what gives HPI the right to skim off the payoffs on horse races from SANTA ANITA in the past and now at HOLLYWOOD PARK AND GOLDEN GATE.

The 'reason' I was give before from HPI was something like "Due to the lower than usual track takeouts at California racetracks, we have to take out more money due to higher mandatory takeouts in Canada." If that was so, why are the payouts of California races at our local track the same as at the California track (or a dime higher in some cases? No rip offs at our local tracks...GET IT!

If I don't get a better explanation than last time from HPI, I'm seriously considering filing a complaint with the R.C.M.P. fraud dept."

Thank you,

(My name deleted at PACE ADVANTAGE here on this copy)
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada