PDA

View Full Version : My KY Derby preview...

Cesario!
05-03-2007, 12:37 PM
My KY Derby preview is now posted at my blog -- it's written for a fairly general audience (although it does get somewhat technical in places), but I still think most of this board would still enjoy it!

www.thehandicappinglife.com (http://www.thehandicappinglife.com)

Thanks for visiting!

Seth

uncbossfan
05-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Nice read, especially the comparisons!

Did I miss him, or did you forget Zanjero though?

Cesario!
05-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Thanks.

Yup, I totally forget to do him. Had him lumped in the last group and then thought he might have more of a chance. Oopsy...

Cesario!
05-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Zanjero added!!!

---
Zanjero: Ranking slightly better than those having no shot, this colt hasn't won this year and, in his career, he's finished behind most of the top competitors -- a 2nd to No Biz Like Showbiz, a 3rd to Dominican and Street Sense, a 3rd to Circular Quay, and a 3rd behind "no shot" Iamawildandcrazyguy. In the best light possible, with his inside post position, he might be able to duck inside and make a late move, if everything breaks the right way.

Comparison: 1984-1985 Villanova Wilcats Basketball team -- Overmatched against Patrick Ewing's Georgetown Hoyas, a team that had beaten them handily twice during the regular season, in the NCAA tourney finals, this number #8 seed played nearly a perfect game. By shooting the highest percentage in an NCAA tournament game ever (a record that still holds) -- and having almost every break go their way, they, somehow, ended up cutting down the nets as NCAA champion.