PDA

View Full Version : A winning HANDICAPPER

karlskorner
05-03-2007, 09:06 AM
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/othersports/314094_larry03.html

PaceAdvantage
05-03-2007, 10:15 AM
That was very cool...thanks for posting that about one of our members here and an ol' fav from the now infamous Prodigy horse racing board.....

andicap
05-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Ah, glad to see my reference for (See other thread) Doug confirmed.
Plus he is a genuinely nice person.

But I sense an endorsement contract coming. :D

"The Brisnet Ultimate Past Performances give me every statistic known to man."

DanG
05-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the link Karl…good read…

PS: To be authentic the article should have ended with…”Carry on, Carry on” :)

karlskorner
05-03-2007, 10:53 AM
And notice he doesn't refer to his "stats" or his program. Everything he needs is in the Ultimates from BRIS and his head.

cj
05-03-2007, 10:57 AM
And notice he doesn't refer to his "stats" or his program. Everything he needs is in the Ultimates from BRIS and his head.

Why do you seem to have such disdain for those who are able to harness the power of a computer? I can't speak for anyone else, but everything I have done with the computer is based on my knowledge of horse racing. I just use the computer to save tons of time.

andicap
05-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Why do you seem to have such disdain for those who are able to harness the power of a computer? I can't speak for anyone else, but everything I have done with the computer is based on my knowledge of horse racing. I just use the computer to save tons of time.

CJ, doesn't Karl use a software program of his own?

Personally I just think he's a bit cranky. :D

karlskorner
05-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Hardly disdain or cranky. Just tiring reading about "my stats" or my "program". My own program reminds me of the first car I ever owned. A Model A FORD coupe with a rumble seat in the rear. Got me where I was going, not in the fashion of today, but I still arrived.

Seven (7) long years on this forum and I still have yet to reach 2400 posts, most newbies do that in a year. Although I notice I seem to have a lot of post the past couple days. These 4 (four) dark days at CRC must be the cause. Been in the pool, worked on my tan, what else is there to do ?

karlskorner
05-03-2007, 11:25 AM
The PP's for CRC Friday are up on BRIS. I'm history.

cj
05-03-2007, 11:49 AM
The PP's for CRC Friday are up on BRIS. I'm history.

Oh, good. Let me go handicap the card, thanks.

Done. Thanks again.

Niko
05-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Great read and income declarations to boot!! Love it

If I may "Carry on, Carry on"

bigmack
05-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Why do you seem to have such disdain for those who are able to harness the power of a computer?
Lighten up on the guy, he's what, a septua or even octogenarian? In future years when people are strapping on helmets to take virtual vacations to foreign lands while sitting in their underwear you might find yourself saying, "what do I need that for, I lived in Belgium for a number of years". :lol:

Hey Hjack, nice work this year. As I'm 1/4 Swedish - Gott Tur.

karlskorner
05-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the defense, but I really don't need it. Half the pleasure of being on this board is " baiting him " for the past 5 years. PA has given him the opportunity of deleting or altering post. Recently he deleted one of mine and altered the other. It gets lonely being on night duty for the Air Force. I am still in awe over his statement that "he knows more about the horse than the Trainer".

cj
05-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the defense, but I really don't need it. Half the pleasure of being on this board is " baiting him " for the past 5 years. PA has given him the opportunity of deleting or altering post. Recently he deleted one of mine and altered the other. It gets lonely being on night duty for the Air Force. I am still in awe over his statement that "he knows more about the horse than the Trainer".

I have fun with it too, no worries Karl.

For the record, I have NEVER deleted a post of yours. The only thing I ever did was remove my last name, which I asked you once prior not to post.

kingfin66
05-03-2007, 06:43 PM
You all sure find those articles in a hurry!

I was actually sitting in a box at Emerald Downs watching Hajck watch his last two races of the Pick 6. I wasn't absolutely sure that it was him and didn't want to bother him (I had conversed briefly via PM regarding his new gig at Emerald Downs as I am one of his predecessors in the position). I found out later that it was Hajck. Prior to knowing that he had hit the P6 for $50k+ we were actually kind of irritated that he was cheering home a 2/1 shot! We have, obviously, "forgiven" him since he had good reason to be cheering.

By the way, what does it take to get Larry Lee Palmer to write more racing stories? Also, kudos to the Seattle Post Intelligencer for actually writing about a horseplayer!

As many others have said, Carry on, carry on.

DJofSD
05-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Excellent -- I even sent it to the printer for my files.

I hope he scores big on Saturday -- and the writer gets another story besides a good tip!

Hajck Hillstrom
05-09-2007, 08:22 PM
I boarded the plane to Louisville Thursday morning feeling pretty good about things. It is kind of kewl when the guy across the aisle on the plane is reading an article written about you, and you enjoy the moment anonymously. I am preparing a lil' piece chronicling the weekend that just might have some appeal to the serious handicapper. I have 4,000 words so far, and haven't even gotten to the Oaks.

If anyone is interested in reading it, just send me your Email, and I'll send you a copy. I should be finished by Thursday night, May10th. I won't post here, but if anyone is curious about a 50 year old handicapper's greatest weekend ever, contact me. I'm not talking "great" financially speaking, although I did learn that Kentucky withholds a 6% state tax on top of the 29% federal drag.

If anyone is interested in the follow up article printed in Saturday's P-I, check out the mole's eye view. (A perspective a little lower than a View from the Rail)

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/othersports/314530_larry05.html

Larry is a great turf lyricist. Wait until you see his current project completed. A work of non-fiction that might be Eclipse Award winning stuff. I would elaborate, but I probably shouldn't.

It is pretty amazing seeing a handicapper recognized, isn't it? I'm not sure if the recognition will help or hinder, but so far my friends are impressed, and there are many here that I consider friends.

Thanks again to all that responded so kindly to this thread.

Carry on, Carry on,

Hajck Hillstrom
Seattle, WA

Hajck Hillstrom
05-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Larry said that the article was the 4th most downloaded in the state on Thursday, and I think now I know why.

More than a thousand viewings here might explaind that number.

PaceAdvantage.Com is without a doubt a forum with the finest group of handicappers I'm aware of......

Carry on, Carry on,

Hajck Hillstrom
Seattle, WA