PDA

View Full Version : Twinspires.com A Joke

ponypro
05-02-2007, 12:24 PM
I decided to call and ask why my state isnt on the list. Get This

I called customer support and let the phone ring 40 times! It was never answered,picked up by voice mail or an answering machine. I finally hung up. They are so over their head in trying to throw this together hastily before the Derby.
Id be scared to wager with these clowns and see the technical screw ups they have yet to work out. A telephone is pretty basic, how about an entire wagering platform. Looks like a Magna infrastructure.

mannyberrios
05-02-2007, 12:29 PM
I dont understand why you have to live in a certain state to join. That is not going to help raise the handle of their tracks. Long live Phonebet!

LaughAndBeMerry
05-02-2007, 12:56 PM
I decided to call and ask why my state isnt on the list. Get This

I called customer support and let the phone ring 40 times! It was never answered,picked up by voice mail or an answering machine. I finally hung up. They are so over their head in trying to throw this together hastily before the Derby.
Id be scared to wager with these clowns and see the technical screw ups they have yet to work out. A telephone is pretty basic, how about an entire wagering platform. Looks like a Magna infrastructure.

You can tell that the web site team never bet a horse in their lives. Only novices would design something like that. Look at all the pretty pictures of horseys and people cheering.

boomman
05-02-2007, 03:15 PM
You can tell that the web site team never bet a horse in their lives. Only novices would design something like that. Look at all the pretty pictures of horseys and people cheering.

That's why Ian's site www.premierturfclub.com (http://www.premierturfclub.com/) will be the one ALL horseplayers should eventually land on. Ian is accessible, they're not giving away toaster ovens (far from it), it's horseplayers catering to horseplayers, and they are literally adding new content every day!

Boomer

trigger
05-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Per PTC FAQS...no debit or credit card deposits. Charge for more than one wire transfer per month. Withdrawals only by telephone request..... ummm...real high tech.

Tom
05-02-2007, 07:20 PM
I went there to check it out - ot impressed at all.
I was reminded not to buy a Rolex from a guy in a parking lot. :p

Premier Turf Club
05-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Per PTC FAQS...no debit or credit card deposits. Charge for more than one wire transfer per month. Withdrawals only by telephone request..... ummm...real high tech.
We will be adding debit and credit card deposits shortly. In fact, there are people on this board that are working with me on this right now.

We understood going in that wiring doesn't work for everyone. The issue was always how we are going to handle very small financial transactions both from a security and an operational standpoint. Our initial focus was putting as much programming resources as possible into our wagering technology as possible. I don't know of any other ADWs that have the wagering features we have now including

("duplicate bet x times" function to eliminate having to keep hitting repeat wager, unlimited size wagering queues, ability to watch an unlimited number of odds boards in multi-track views, choice of checkbox or keypad wagering interfaces, queues that automatically send bets at a pre-selected MTP, robust player tracking module that allows you to analyze your bets by track/pool/month,etc. for any date range you choose).

None have what we will have shortly (odds-conditional betting queues, custom API interfaces, Kelly optimized betting algorithms, full and fractional parlay wagers, odds dutching, etc.).

If that is not state-of-the-art as far as wagering platforms I don’t know what is and I’ve used them all. All this and a real rewards program to boot. And if you have a question on anything you talk to me, someone that's been betting horses for 30 years not some customer service rep.

As a quantitative analysis prof. once said to me "life is a series of constrained optimizations." We are doing the best we can to put all these features on-line as quickly as we can.

Premier Turf Club
05-02-2007, 07:28 PM
I went there to check it out - ot impressed at all.
I was reminded not to buy a Rolex from a guy in a parking lot. :p

Tom;

If you were referring to us (and I honestly could not tell from your post), I'm truly disappointed and would be interested in your feedback to understand what you think we could do to make the experience better. Seriously.

I would also be very curious as to what you checked out since you can't see anything but the home page without an account and password.

Overlay
05-02-2007, 07:37 PM
I took Tom to be referring to twinspires.com. (Maybe I'm mistaken.)

Premier Turf Club
05-02-2007, 07:40 PM
I took Tom to be referring to twinspires.com. (Maybe I'm mistaken.)

I couldn't tell. And I am serious, we are very interested and responsive to feedback. Positive or negative. Listening to our customers' suggestions are how we make our website better.

Please feel to call me any time, 561-400-7225.

betovernetcapper
05-02-2007, 08:03 PM
All of them have problems taking credit/debit cards.
Got an email from Gary (ATR) Monday and he's doing a interface for the PTC which should make it the best on the planet.
Re the PTC current site, I just bet $25 and got a $2 rebate. I love the way it looks. :)

GoBabyGo
05-02-2007, 09:34 PM
i opened up an account at twinspires just for fun. friggin awful. worst website i have ever seen. designed by 25 year old art students or something. who else would do it the way they did it. closing my account tomorrow. screw the derby.