PDA

View Full Version : Sartin Synthesis Help!

Vinnie
11-27-2002, 05:38 PM
Hello Everyone!

Several years ago I purchased Sartin Synthesis for TrackMaster from Good ol' Doc Sartin, and the program worked super. Now, I can't get it to read the TrackMaster Data Files. I don't know if there was a change that took place at the Sartin Camp when I was between moves or what the deal is? All I know is, I can't get their help to save my Life. I send them emails, and leave them voice messages, but, they won't contact me in return for some reason or other. I always got along with them very well when I was a client, but, I guess now that I am not continuing to fork over more and more dollars they have pretty much "kicked me to the curb"!

If anyone might be able to give me a little help with this program, I would appreciate it a great deal. I have quite a few other programs, but, I wouldn't mind giving it a whirl or two now and again.

Thanks a bunch,

Happy Thanksgiving! :D

Tom
11-27-2002, 08:36 PM
but, Do you have an old TM file that used to work?
If it still does, there might be c hange to the TM file format. I think Pandy had a patch on his webpage for his Diamond program due to a change in files structure. Maybe if you contact TM they can help you.

Vinnie
11-27-2002, 08:44 PM
Tom,

Thanks a bunch, I appreciate it! I don't have an old TrackMaster data file (I am concerned about getting the right kind of file).

Tom,

Please email me at:

Tanert95@aol.com when you have the time.

Thanks Tom,

Happy Thanksgiving!

cryptic1
11-28-2002, 01:15 PM
I believe about a year or so ago trackmaster changed their formatting and as a result the program you are using won't function. At that time I upgraded to another program so I didn't have the hassle you may be experiencing. I believe you will have to upgrade or look elsewhere. good luck.

GameTheory
11-28-2002, 01:32 PM
It should be possible to convert from the new format back to the old fairly easily as long as all the old fields are still in there somewhere...

Vinnie
11-28-2002, 03:49 PM
Game Theory, Cryptic1, Tom,

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for all of your help Folks.

I appreciate it!

Game Theory, do you happen to have or are you using the older version of Synthesis? If so, how in the heck do you change back to the older format? I am afraid that I might be having the problem that Cryptic1 explained in the lower post. The format may well be the problem for me here. Thanks for the addresses or contacts for the Sartin Folks Tom!

Once again, I appreciate it you guys!

Happy Thanksgiving and Good Luck if you are playing the Fair Grounds today or any other oval that is in action today!

GameTheory
11-29-2002, 02:42 PM
Nope.

But making a program to convert from one format to the other should be fairly painless. Of course, you've got to know what the old format was, either some old files or specs describing the old format, preferably both.