PDA

View Full Version : AUGUSTA NATIONAL

delayjf
11-27-2002, 01:34 PM
Curious as to what other think about the debate between the Womans group and Augusta National concerning Augusta's men only membership.
Personally, I hope they don't cave. Even if it hurts the tourneyment. If the PGA doesn't want to endorse it, fine. Maybe I'll get a chance to play. I have been thinking about sueing the PGA for discrimination anyway. I Don't like the way they discriminate against those who can't drive straight and far, can't hit long irons, chip or putt. I feel I have a RIGHT to play at Augusta just like Tiger Woods, IT'S FLAT OUT DISCRIMINATION. Come to think of it I may sue the Dallas Cowboys as well.

smf
11-27-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by delayjf
Curious as to what other think about the debate between the Womans group and Augusta National concerning Augusta's men only membership.
Personally, I hope they don't cave. Even if it hurts the tourneyment. If the PGA doesn't want to endorse it, fine. Maybe I'll get a chance to play. I have been thinking about sueing the PGA for discrimination anyway. I Don't like the way they discriminate against those who can't drive straight and far, can't hit long irons, chip or putt. I feel I have a RIGHT to play at Augusta just like Tiger Woods, IT'S FLAT OUT DISCRIMINATION. Come to think of it I may sue the Dallas Cowboys as well.

Delay,

No need to sue the Cowdogs. If you kiss Jerreh Jones' ass and will work for $8.00 an hour, you can be the head coach.

BillW
11-27-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by delayjf

Ya know, delayjf, I had the same thought during the Casey Martin fiasco ... They prohibit me from making a living just because I can't break 90! Where is the ACLU when you need them. Possibly we could get a class action suit going. ;)

Bill

Tom
11-27-2002, 08:43 PM
I can't hit a ball, don't know the rules, have no patience, and would never walk around a course all day. That is my lifestyle choice. I t is not fair that I don't get to play in the tourneys - count me in the class action suit. This damn PGA will pay, by golly.
I only want my fair share.

sq764
11-27-2002, 11:20 PM
Well, as long as we are suing, I am 6' 220 lbs and am pissed because they keep making these t-bred races for 120 lbs jockeys..

I should actually sue my dad for his non-jock genetics..