PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Aodds 98 Super Gold Results

fasjack
04-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Is there someone who uses this program and knows what files do I download from Bris for getting the results for this program ? Also how do I enter the results into this program so that I can build a data base so that I can use the Auto-Mod'ler ?

Thanks

JimG
04-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Download the flash results zipped file (it's free), extract it to same directory as your bris files.

The mechanics of processing in the program is located in the online help file.

Jim

fasjack
04-30-2007, 10:53 PM
JimG, thanks for the help. Since I am not a computer whiz and the help manual in the program is kinda fuzzy with comments about this subject , your reply did the job I needed. Do you use this program and do you use the Auto-Mod'ler ? It looks like a pretty good program but the track I handicapp is not one of your top tracks (Calder). I have been using The (Yeast) program and it is a real good program when it comes from handicapping other tracks. To bad the person who wrote the program has passed on. Again I want to thank you for the help and if there is anything I can help you with please ask.

davehel
02-11-2014, 12:05 PM
I also need help importing results in aodds gold

Pensacola Pete
02-19-2014, 02:49 PM
I also need help importing results in aodds gold

Read the second post in the thread.

planks46d
02-28-2014, 08:09 PM
To the best of my knowledge, BRIS in their wisdom ;), do not have the zip format anymore. They now have just html pages, I believe. If anyone could point me to where I can find the zip files of the results, I would appreciate the url. I use the same program and can only find the html. I save it as text and then remove the html extension. This works, but is tedious if you use many tracks, as I do.

JimG
02-28-2014, 08:20 PM
To the best of my knowledge, BRIS in their wisdom ;), do not have the zip format anymore. They now have just html pages, I believe. If anyone could point me to where I can find the zip files of the results, I would appreciate the url. I use the same program and can only find the html. I save it as text and then remove the html extension. This works, but is tedious if you use many tracks, as I do.

There is no longer a zip file. What you are doing is all you can do.

Tom
03-01-2014, 12:10 AM
There are the import results file and Exotic results file options in zip format - can you use those?

JimG
03-01-2014, 07:41 AM
There are the import results file and Exotic results file options in zip format - can you use those?

No.

TheProgrammer
03-01-2014, 09:16 PM
So I checked into this and see that BRIS indeed does not have the ZIP file anymore, but this will work;

Go to the web page for the Flash Result for the track you want. Select all the text on the page, copy it, and paste it into a blank NOTEPAD document. Make sure to delete the title (i.e. Track Name and date at the top of the page).

IMPORTANT: for any races that do not have any scratches, make sure you insert the line SCRATCHES: NONE

Save the file with the standard name (i.e. AQU0301.RES) Notepad will want to save as a .TXT file so make sure you change it to .RES

You should now have a working Flash Result for AODDS and WH.

cklv
03-03-2014, 11:13 AM
I typically download the flash result files to run with Aodds and never had a problem prior to 2014. I would save the file as .txt and then convert the extension to .res via an extension utility program. It worked perfectly for years. I noticed this year maybe starting in January that all the flash result files weren't being modeled correctly. Races that had scratched horses were modeled correctly with results but races with no scratches recorded no results. I tried adding "SCRATCHED: NONE" as suggested and no luck. I tried comparing files from 2013 against 2014 and could not see any differences. Has anyone else that uses Aodds had similar problems? Thanks for your help.

cklv

JimG
03-03-2014, 11:41 AM
I typically download the flash result files to run with Aodds and never had a problem prior to 2014. I would save the file as .txt and then convert the extension to .res via an extension utility program. It worked perfectly for years. I noticed this year maybe starting in January that all the flash result files weren't being modeled correctly. Races that had scratched horses were modeled correctly with results but races with no scratches recorded no results. I tried adding "SCRATCHED: NONE" as suggested and no luck. I tried comparing files from 2013 against 2014 and could not see any differences. Has anyone else that uses Aodds had similar problems? Thanks for your help.

cklv

The dates have to match up for each race. Sometimes brisnet updates the file a day later and throws a new date on the header for the race. Ensure that the two dates for each race match and are the date the races actually ran.

Jim

JimG
03-03-2014, 12:11 PM
The dates have to match up for each race. Sometimes brisnet updates the file a day later and throws a new date on the header for the race. Ensure that the two dates for each race match and are the date the races actually ran.

Jim

Forget what I wrote above as the file has changed ( I just checked) TheProgrammer (Randy) is right. Add the following underneath the show horse if there are no scratches after converting on notepad

SCRATCHED: NONE

There needs to be a colon, and there needs to be one space after the colon. It has to be on the line following the show horse. Do not use quotation marks. It also has to be in all caps. It also has to be "SCRATCHED", not "SCRATCHES" Worked for me on a file from yesterday. Should work for you.

Hope that helps.

Jim

JimG
03-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Last post on this, I promise. Since I have not imported results in a while, I was a little rusty. TheProgrammer is correct in what he wrote and it must be inserted as I outlined in the prior post.

Also, the dates that I referred to in the earlier post also must match the race date or the results do not take when processing in Aodds Super Gold or Work Horse Pro. Usually they do, but if brisnet puts out an updated results file the header dates for each race could be the date after and they must be changed.

Many hoops to jump through just to model races, however it could be profitable as few would bother to do it due to the work.

Jim

cklv
03-03-2014, 12:57 PM
There is one other problem you may encounter and I experienced. Sometimes the results for the last race will not record even if there are scratches or SCRATCHED: NONE is inputted. The reason is the alphabetical sequence is out of order. Check the NUM_O name which is generally the 2nd line down. The 1st race should read NUMAO, 2nd NUMBO and so on. Sometimes the last race is out of sequence. Let say, there are a total of 8 races, the last race should read NUMHO, if not then unless it is corrected the results won't be recorded.

Thanks for your help.

rlopez781
03-03-2014, 01:53 PM
I also would like to pay tribute to Bob Cochran and Randy Kovach for their brilliant work in these 2 programs.It's been more than 10 years and Aodds 98 Super Gold and Workhorse Pro still works.Thank you guys.Their programs are still better than most being sold today.

Ray

TheProgrammer
03-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Thanks Ray, appreciate it.

Also Thanks Jim, nice to see you again. :D Thanks for catching the SCRATCHED vs SCRATCHES typo.

Thanks cklv too.

What cklv says is absolutely correct. The only way the software knows for sure what the race is, is by looking at the code (see cklv's post above) and making sure it's right. It's a pain, but at least it works.

JimG
03-03-2014, 09:47 PM
Thanks Ray, appreciate it.

Also Thanks Jim, nice to see you again. :D Thanks for catching the SCRATCHED vs SCRATCHES typo.

Thanks cklv too.

What cklv says is absolutely correct. The only way the software knows for sure what the race is, is by looking at the code (see cklv's post above) and making sure it's right. It's a pain, but at least it works.

You too Randy. Hope things are going well for you. Miss you in the horse racing biz but I know from experience that time marches on.

Jim

TheProgrammer
03-03-2014, 09:59 PM
You too Randy. Hope things are going well for you. Miss you in the horse racing biz but I know from experience that time marches on.

Jim

Thanks Jim. Yeah, wish I had more time to do it and get back into it. I popped back in for this as it's a quick solution and I actually had input lol