PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth BC Ticket Lottery Open

OTM Al
04-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Go to the NTRA or Monmouth Park site. Can fill out on line or send in a downloadable app. This is a smaller venue than normal so probably best not to wait. June 6 deadline for registration.

Ron
04-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Wow, they seem a little on the expensive side. 50 bucks just to get in the door? Traver's Day they jack up the admission fee to 5 bucks.

john del riccio
04-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Wow, they seem a little on the expensive side. 50 bucks just to get in the door? Traver's Day they jack up the admission fee to 5 bucks.

yet another way to ruin my childhood memories of MTH park.........i used to feel like the king everytime i walked through the gate there......

john

shanta
04-30-2007, 03:39 PM
How this track ever got the Cup is beyond me. They can charge $52,000.00 a ticket or give em away. Either way PASS

Monmouth is a terrific seaside/vacation track.That's it.

The greatest day in racing deserves to be run on the greatest track in North America EVERY YEAR.

BEAUTIFUL BELMONT PARK :ThmbUp:

Richie :)

alysheba88
04-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Belmont and Monmouth are two of my three favorite tracks. Del Mar the other.

I love Belmont but Monmouth knows how to put on a big race and you will see much more enthusiasm there then you would for a BC at Belmont.

djjoe21
04-30-2007, 07:17 PM
I live 30 mins from monmouth and I gotta tell you I will not be attending. I go to the Haskell every year and in my opinion the struggle with that event. Very hard to bet and quite crowded. I know they are doing millions of dollars in improvements to the track but to think $200 for a decent seat is crazy plus another $25 to park. Would rather sit home and bet the $225. I went to Santa Anita in 2003 and got Jet Blue round trip plus great seats on the 1/8the pole for $300 combined

alysheba88
05-01-2007, 07:47 PM
I live 30 mins from monmouth and I gotta tell you I will not be attending. I go to the Haskell every year and in my opinion the struggle with that event. Very hard to bet and quite crowded. I know they are doing millions of dollars in improvements to the track but to think $200 for a decent seat is crazy plus another $25 to park. Would rather sit home and bet the $225. I went to Santa Anita in 2003 and got Jet Blue round trip plus great seats on the 1/8the pole for $300 combined

Saying it is crowded is one thing. If thats the worst thing one can say about a track nowadays thats pretty good.

46zilzal
05-01-2007, 07:55 PM
I can remember when the tickets went begging at AQU and HOl the first few years.

peteymyboy
05-01-2007, 08:01 PM

I agree with you 100%. The Hassel as we call it in Point Pleasant is always an adventure. I'm going to take the train in from P.P. Beach and then take the train home. In 2008 the Breeders Cup will be in Santa Anita and it will be worth the trip.

Peteymyboy

alysheba88
05-01-2007, 08:06 PM
First of all it wont be as crowded as the Haskell. Will be a different set up.

Also, what makes people think Santa Anita 2008 will be priced the same as 2003?

Is the Belmont priced the same as five years ago?

What about the Super Bowl? Tickets to a Yankee or Red Sox game?

Its different now for these big events. You think Churchill and Pimlico would run the Derby and Preakness and only charge $2 a seat?

Do people think a track like Monmouth is going to bid for the BC and only charge $2 a seat?

I am completely for keeping down costs for "regular" racing to reasonable levels for all (racing is by far the cheapest sport). But for the TC and Derby i dont begrudge them targeting a different audience.

Dont you guys want a lot of square money in the pools those days?

46zilzal
05-01-2007, 08:09 PM
The greatest day in racing deserves to be run on the greatest track in North America EVERY YEAR.

BEAUTIFUL BELMONT PARK :ThmbUp:

One needs a good facility, a good organization behind it. They have chosen well over the years, except Lone Star.....

Woodbine with it's great and European grass course, Arlington, Anita, HOL, GP, CD, BEL...all good ones....

I am not mad about a Polytrack Breeder's Cup.

o_crunk
05-01-2007, 09:38 PM

won't be as crowded as the haskell? LOL. they've been padding those numbers the last couple of years. they claimed 40k were there last year...i was there and i just don't buy it.

last year i was able to walk wherever i wanted, bet whenever i wanted. the year war emblem won there had to be close to 40k there. but not last year.

even if....are you saying that only 40k on the grounds for the BC?

i think they are expecting WAY more than that for BC day. and to be honest...i've been there for 40k....not sure if i can handle 60k, even with the far turn seating additions.

i got my mailer yesterday....part of me doesn't want to miss seeing it at my home track but a part of me looked at the prices and said....'eff that'...i'd rather bet the 300 after all is said and done.

the best times i have there are when NOBODY is there....selfish as that is.

point given
05-01-2007, 10:12 PM

Also, what makes people think Santa Anita 2008 will be priced the same as 2003?

Is the Belmont priced the same as five years ago?

What about the Super Bowl? Tickets to a Yankee or Red Sox game?

Its different now for these big events. You think Churchill and Pimlico would run the Derby and Preakness and only charge $2 a seat?

Do people think a track like Monmouth is going to bid for the BC and only charge $2 a seat?

I am completely for keeping down costs for "regular" racing to reasonable levels for all (racing is by far the cheapest sport). But for the TC and Derby i dont begrudge them targeting a different audience.

Dont you guys want a lot of square money in the pools those days?

1. - 90 % of $ bet will be offtrack, so i don't comprehend
2. - Seats are being gouged. The price levels have gotten out of hand. The smaller the venue , the larger the seat price. If the weather is cold or wet, the richy rich will forsake their high priced seats and stay dry in thier motel and call in their bets and watch on TV, while joe shmo will brace the elements because its his once in a generation chance .
3. - The corporatization of sports in general , sells the soul of the sport out. While in the Ball sports, its team loyalty by fans, and the games are everything. There are 50,000 seats, so the regular guy can still have a chance to see it. Horseracing, has maybe 20-25 minutes of action to watch, and has the addition of wagering ( legal & onsite). from which to make plenty of extra $$. The guy in the cheap $100 seats will have very little view of the live event and probably not even see the finish of the race until they see a tv.
So, is it really that fair to gouge on these days to the people that come day in and out to your track ? Shouldn't there be some sort of loyalty shown to local customers of a venue ? Or should that once in a generation experience be sold to those who have corporate favors and connections and celebrity ? Just wondering !

Ron
05-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Its hard to wager at the track. If I go on a big day, I'm going to party, not bet. There's too much going on.

jjm323
05-02-2007, 07:08 AM
There is going to be no walk-up. It will be far less crowded than Haskell Day which draws a ton of families.

alysheba88
05-02-2007, 07:32 AM
1. - 90 % of $ bet will be offtrack, so i don't comprehend
2. - Seats are being gouged. The price levels have gotten out of hand. The smaller the venue , the larger the seat price. If the weather is cold or wet, the richy rich will forsake their high priced seats and stay dry in thier motel and call in their bets and watch on TV, while joe shmo will brace the elements because its his once in a generation chance .
3. - The corporatization of sports in general , sells the soul of the sport out. While in the Ball sports, its team loyalty by fans, and the games are everything. There are 50,000 seats, so the regular guy can still have a chance to see it. Horseracing, has maybe 20-25 minutes of action to watch, and has the addition of wagering ( legal & onsite). from which to make plenty of extra $$. The guy in the cheap $100 seats will have very little view of the live event and probably not even see the finish of the race until they see a tv.
So, is it really that fair to gouge on these days to the people that come day in and out to your track ? Shouldn't there be some sort of loyalty shown to local customers of a venue ? Or should that once in a generation experience be sold to those who have corporate favors and connections and celebrity ? Just wondering !

I am not defending "gouging" or "elitism".

Already have said racing is far better deal for your entertainment dollar than any other sport.

There will be lower priced seat options in line with Preakness, Derby and Belmont- cheaper in fact.

Do I have the right to demand a cheap seat on the finish line of the Derby because I want it?

There are basically 4 big racing days a year in this country- see nothing wrong with pricing differently on those 4 days.

How many "regular guys" go to the Super Bowl?

Have you been to a Yankee game recently? A regular season game? How many "regular" guys there? How about NBA playoffs?

Churchill can charge whatever they want for the Derby but I guess thats okay with everyone (as it should be). But god forbid "little Monmouth" charge