PDA

View Full Version : Cal maidens

smf
11-27-2002, 03:44 AM
Not going to bet these, just havin' some fun.

HOL 4th, #1 (AIMEE'S PRIDE) is interesting, sure w/b nice to get a price on him, but won't. This is a FTS, something the trainer apparently excels with. Marquez is ~46% (per bris) on firsters and this one is bred to win off the bat.

Marquez ran Dot n Irv on Sunday and pd a whopping (?) $4.00. She was also a FTS and looked great in the paddock/ parade. Both of these Marquez runners had/ have Mike Smith riding. The m/l is 4-1, that would be sweet for so Cal players, perhaps. Perhaps a "price play " w/b Hess Junior's firster, #7, but I don't see a gate work in the pp. In Texas they have to show one to start. If Hess pulls this off once in awhile he m/b worth a looksee.

GG 2nd, #2 (ARTIST'S STUDIO) looks nice also. Not sure if you c/ get the m/l 4-1. Horse is bred well for turf. Maybe a longer price c/b the #3 (Pat Gallagher horse) but if #2 looks stout it'd be best to pass on the #3.

'luck

Boris
11-27-2002, 05:13 PM
Excellent. Now if I can get the 3 or 4 to complete this double, I'll be a happy man.

Good Job

GR1@HTR
11-27-2002, 06:36 PM
P^3: Plush Price Pick!

so.cal.fan
11-27-2002, 08:43 PM
"HOL 4th, #1 (AIMEE'S PRIDE) is interesting, sure w/b nice to get a price on him, but won't. This is a FTS, something the trainer apparently excels with. Marquez is ~46% (per bris) on firsters and this one is bred to win off the bat".

Nice pick, smf. With your good 'cappin' and looking at those well built maidens........I am predicting you'll do really well in So. Cal.;)

smf
11-27-2002, 11:39 PM
Damn, the Holly horse I liked pd $12 & change...Thought for sure it w/ b 5-2 at best. The GG turfer attended a hot, hot pace and still held place.

Boris,

damn close on that double, man. Saw it at LS and that was a tuff drive.

SCF,

I think Mr Takach might have had to back up a truck to haul off his winnings on that Holly race. The hair on the necks of the 1 and 4 were standing and they were built *solid*. Came in 1-4. The more I look at So & No Cal maidens, the more I like em. Good fields, fair prices.... Thanks!

so.cal.fan
11-28-2002, 12:18 PM
smf,
I just wish I'd have read your post in selections before this race.
I could have gotten off my lazy ass and gone down to Santa Anita and paid for my "turkey day" party!
Or better yet, drove 30 miles over to Hollywood Park.
It doesn't pay to be lazy in this game! <sigh>
:(

smf
11-28-2002, 07:55 PM
Hey, no sweat, SCF. Anything I see on paper for FG, I'll drop you a line. You know physicality and body language capping as well as anyone, so the *most important part* of the deal w/b easy for you (looking at the horse). Looks like it's gonna be a GREAT meet in Nawlins this year from what I saw today!!

Hope you had a good one today!