PDA

View Full Version : How many Pletcher horses hit the Derby board ?

point given
04-30-2007, 10:40 AM
How many of the Toddsters' horses will hit the Derby board. AND which one is the one most likely to win ?

1. 0 - wipeout
2. 1 - if he's lucky
3. 2 - he has the numbers
4. 3 - sweep

Pell Mell
04-30-2007, 11:22 AM
I think he hits with 2 in the money. He's best chance is with Cowtown Cat and Scat Daddy will be there somewhere.;)

gIracing
04-30-2007, 01:43 PM
my superfecta (pending the workouts this week, etc) is

1) Curlin
2) Scat Daddy
3) Nobiz like showbiz
4) Hard Spun

I am extremely confident that it's going to betweeen Culin and Scat Daddy. I like Scat Daddy alot

point given
04-30-2007, 04:27 PM
my superfecta (pending the workouts this week, etc) is

1) Curlin
2) Scat Daddy
3) Nobiz like showbiz
4) Hard Spun

I am extremely confident that it's going to betweeen Culin and Scat Daddy. I like Scat Daddy alot

I was at the FOY and SD just got up gamely on the wire, never seen JR so excited. The Fl. Derby was more impressive , and his last work was very impressive as well. There are a couple of things that naw at me though; will he go the distance ? Will he like churchill ? Will the last 2 races make him vulnerable now ? Why did JR stick with Circular Quay ?

Pell Mell
04-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Could be that Pletcher liked Prado on Scat Daddy and convinced JR to go with CQ.

Zaf
04-30-2007, 08:29 PM
I like Scat Daddy alot

Despite the fact he needs to train with Bar Shoes :confused:

Z

cnollfan
04-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Despite the fact he needs to train with Bar Shoes :confused:

Z

Are you saying that Scat Daddy trains with bar shoes and then races with regular shoes? Sorry if I'm being dense.

Zaf
04-30-2007, 08:54 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/84468.html

Scat Daddy, winner of the Florida Derby and Fountain of Youth Stakes in his last two starts, has been training with bar shoes on his front feet and had them on for his final workout Sunday at Keeneland. However, he will remove them for Saturday's Derby and race in conventional plates, trainer Todd Pletcher said.

Bar shoes are usually used to protect a tender part of a hoof. The shoes Scat Daddy was wearing "keep him from putting pressure on his inside quarters," Pletcher said.

Z

point given
05-01-2007, 11:51 AM

Scat Daddy, winner of the Florida Derby and Fountain of Youth Stakes in his last two starts, has been training with bar shoes on his front feet and had them on for his final workout Sunday at Keeneland. However, he will remove them for Saturday's Derby and race in conventional plates, trainer Todd Pletcher said.

Bar shoes are usually used to protect a tender part of a hoof. The shoes Scat Daddy was wearing "keep him from putting pressure on his inside quarters," Pletcher said.

Z

Later on, Pletcher states that he has been training in bar shoes for 10 months and maynot need to train in them anymore, but why change whats been working .

" "He won't run in them, but he has trained in them," Pletcher said. "It's not something new. He's had bar shoes, or similar shoes, since July. I'd say that in the last year, for 10 months he's trained in bar shoes. He might not need them any more, but I'm not going to take a chance now."

SO, while I appreciate your headsup on this , I don't view it as a negative. Its not like Unbridled Song running in egg bar shoes IN the Derby, because he had foot problems.

BTW, did you watch SD last workout at Keeneland ? I thought he looked super, and Cowtown Cat also looked good, while Great Hunter didnot to my eye. I got a small futures on GH and SS, will be backing SD a little now too.

Zaf
05-01-2007, 12:36 PM
I hope he does very well. Just wanted to stir up some opinions from others on this board. Not sure where I want to slot him in my trifectas.

Z

gIracing
05-01-2007, 08:35 PM
I was at the FOY and SD just got up gamely on the wire, never seen JR so excited. The Fl. Derby was more impressive , and his last work was very impressive as well. There are a couple of things that naw at me though; will he go the distance ? Will he like churchill ? Will the last 2 races make him vulnerable now ? Why did JR stick with Circular Quay ?

I admit, i don't see it with C ircular Quay.. i just don't. he beat probalby the weakest field in a Derby this year and takes 2 months off,a nd he is in everyones top 3.

distance won't be a problem.. in fact that's something going in his favor.

i'm glad you gave me a heads up on the bar shoes issue.. I did not know he HAS been wearing htem.. I was about to take Scat Daddy off my list.

I'm more sure of Scat Daddy finishing ITM than I am of Curlin winning

DanG
05-02-2007, 11:11 AM

Z
Good stuff Zaf!!! :ThmbUp:

Thank you.

gIracing
05-03-2007, 07:29 PM
forget what I said the last post.. after actually WATCHING all his races, I not only like circular quay... I think he's the best Pletcher horse.

I think Scat DAddy and Circular Quay have the posibility to hit the board

bigmack
05-05-2007, 12:38 AM
TP saddled 4 in 'double O and they went 3rd 4th 11th and 19th (I don't believe I've ever typed 19th)

And 3 in 'O five and they went: 9th 12th and 19th (I believe that may be the second time I've ever typed 19th)

point given
05-05-2007, 11:30 PM
WIPEOUT ! The Toddster pulled a Zito. Must be a NY thing. Only 6 out of 79 polled called for the Pletcher Schneid . However, Todd IS the master of the prep race. Can it be that Mr Organization needs less hosses to concentrate on more, to get that elusive Derby win ? Multi tasking took its toll . Thanks for participating in the poll.