PDA

View Full Version : Tonight, I went to dinner..........

Hajck Hillstrom
04-29-2007, 02:14 AM
Pretty easy to do after the last race at Hollywood Park, where I took down a piece of the Pik6 on $72 ticket. 5 other small tickets had consolations, and the late Pik4 returned $1,200 and change.

All told after the dust settled......$51,740.

My single best day at the track. I hope for the day that such scores need no mention, but credit to this Horse Racing Forum on PaceAdvantage.com. Interaction here gets the mind flowing the right direction.

Carry on, Carry on,

Hajck Hillstrom
Seattle, WA

john del riccio
04-29-2007, 08:04 AM
Pretty easy to do after the last race at Hollywood Park, where I took down a piece of the Pik6 on $72 ticket. 5 other small tickets had consolations, and the late Pik4 returned $1,200 and change.

My single best day at the track. I hope for the day that such scores need no mention, but credit to this Horse Racing Forum on PaceAdvantage.com. Interaction here gets the mind flowing the right direction.

Carry on, Carry on,

Hajck Hillstrom
Seattle, WA

CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John

fergie
04-29-2007, 08:17 AM
Congratulations on your big win!! That is a win you'll never forget, and for many of us a motivating factor. Enjoy it. Don't forget the people who are most important in your life. They keep you going, so get thhem a remembrance, and you'll all rejoice in your success. Congrats again,
Fergie

boomman
04-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Good for you Hajck! My heartfelt congratulations!:) Boomer

andicap
04-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Way to go, chap!!!!!

For those of you who were not on the old Prodigy board, "Hajck" Hillstrom is the real goods -- one of the best handicappers I have EVER known.
I'm very happy he's here -- a great reunion of sorts -- and only wish more of the old Prodigy crowd were around as well. (Well, most of them, anyway.)

That board was great. I got introduced to it by Paul Westerline at a Mitchell seminar in 1990 and through the board got to know Blood-horse editor Ray Paulick who then hired me to write features and eventually TV reviews in the 90s.

Jerry Bailey showed up once in a very memorable cameo or two in which the joke was entirely on me.

Of course that board has nothing on PA, the best group of handicappers I have ever come across and by far the finest horse racing forum on the Web

Light
04-29-2007, 11:50 AM

Cheers. Just wondering if you did (or do) anything different from your normal handicapping routine for Holly's Poly.

DanG
04-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Congratulations!

Especially because you hit it for about 5% of what it took us. :eek:

I honestly expected higher payoffs, but it really was a pick 5 with many taking the position ‘Silent Soul in the 5th was a free bingo square.

A $72 spread is just fantastic selecting considering the field size yesterday. :ThmbUp:

Wickel
04-29-2007, 01:29 PM
Awesome HH!! May many more of these days come your way.

Steve 'StatMan'
04-29-2007, 01:45 PM
Great News Hajck!!!

Bon Appetit! ;)

(as I toss my crumpled Mickey D bag into the can) :blush:

jma
04-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Congratulations---that must have been a fine meal.

alysheba88
04-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Awesome, congrats. You must still be on cloud nine. Just great...

ljb
04-29-2007, 04:12 PM
Great play Doug,
Wasn't your name Doug on the old Prodigy board ?
Da Judge

Tom
04-29-2007, 06:00 PM
I hope you realize that if you kept playing out the day you might have made another 20-30 bucks! You just left it there on the table! :lol:

Seriously, congrats on a nice hit.

beertapper
04-29-2007, 07:43 PM
that is an awesome score... congrats !

098poi
04-29-2007, 08:43 PM
Very exciting, well done!!!

Hajck Hillstrom
04-30-2007, 12:59 AM
Very kind words from you all, and greatly appreciated, I assure you.

The fascinating part of the score was that it came exactly two years after my previous personal best.

On the opening Friday night card of 2005, I hit a $11,200 Pik4 on a $24 ticket.

Brimming with confidence the next morning, I sent in a $16 PlacePik9 ticket that swept the pool for over $21,000.

Last year, I netted $1,700 on the day.

There is something about that opening Hollywood Park weekend that somehow just fits my eye. Personally, I believe it is the escape from Frank Stronach's long shadow...........

Let's see, if I could only bet one day of the year..................

Carry on, Carry on,

Hajck Hillstrom
Seattle, WA

Hajck Hillstrom
04-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Of course that board has nothing on PA, the best group of handicappers I have ever come across and by far the finest horse racing forum on the Web

Andy and I are in total agreement with this assesment. The old Prodigy board was exceptional, but this forum is far and away the best I have ever come across.

Interesting that I should start reading the posts here, getting involved again with the handicapping community, and the next thing you know, good things are happening.

....and I'm not talking about cashing big tickets, but the reuniting of old friendships.

Imagine my delight in bumping into Andy, who, out of the blue, sent me some exceptional black and white photos of the New York tracks about 13 years ago that still adorn my office wall to this day.

Good Times!

Carry on, Carry on,