PDA

View Full Version : WED AQUEDUCT RACE 2

NYRAcapper
11-26-2002, 10:42 PM
Expecting snow today so take this for what’s its worth, which is not much since I’m not betting a penny in the snow.

Race 2
7.0furlongs Claim 20,000
LONGSHOT#3

Race definitely should setup for a closer as I have numbers 1A-5-6 all dueling through the first quarter in about 23.0 seconds Its probably a safe bet to assume that the #4 with Chavez aboard will be in that mix also. Don’t think any of these can get away from the rest. Which brings us to the off the pace types.

#7 SPECIAL TERMS will be my top choice here as Migs stays aboard and he drops back to a more appropriate level. This horse does have a late kick if he’s right which is a bit questionable, but at 8-1 or better he may be worth a shot.

#1 DOUBLE SCREEN is the sure favorite listed 7-5 in the ML. Horse made one heck of a move on the turn last out and similar makes him tough to beat here. This guy is also the only horse in the field to have a decent record at 7 furlongs also which probably translates to 4-5 odds at post. Cannot possibly play this horse to win at those odds. Maybe key him with my top pick and my longshot in the exacta though.

#5 VALIDCARDDEALER is the only frontrunner that I give a shot to in here. He made a nice move while three wide on the turn in the same race that #1DOUBLESCREEN won, finishing third beaten ½ length. He should be the inside speed here along with possibly the #4, although I question the sprint speed of the 4. That being said this guy has a chance especially if he gets the rail or the track is somehow sloppy, but he has real distance issues and most likely fades late.

Longshot #3BECKONTHEKING before everyone laughs look at this guys career record and subtract the turf record and you get a respectable 6/1-2-0 on the dirt take away his lone start in the slop last out and that record becomes 5/1-2-0. Horse has been running well on the turf at this level and could surprise here. Pay REAL CLOSE ATTENTION if there is a late jockey switch to ARROYO.

This may be all I cap for tomorrow as I’m not playing given the inclement weather but I will probably get a good look at Fridays card regardless