PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Focus Group

PMANN1
11-26-2002, 11:24 AM
I have a friend who participated in a focus group at Hollywood Park. Thought I'd share what he had to say:

"I was pleasantly surprised at the focus group. It was professionally done with microphones at each of our seats and it was recorded and moderated by representatives of the NTRA. Regarding the P6, we agreed that we need to know the extent of the problem. News Flash - Rudy Gulliani's consulting firm will save racing - when was the last time he made a bet. As usual, other issues were brought up including medication, year round racing, upgrading technology to prevent this from recurring, the integrity of the game, treating players with respect, etc etc etc. Who knows what will come of this. We argued over closing betting at 0 minutes - I don't like it one bit - the CHRB actually made a good decision rejecting it. Several players discussed the medication issue and said something has to be done as they have never seen such form reversals or how these trainers rise out of obscurity and suddenly are winning at 20%. When the best horse in training can't run in the BC Classic because of lasix levels, something is wrong,"

I couldn't agree more!